PDA

View Full Version : Now in full control

Silver Fox
December 3rd, 2008, 14:01
Got myself a new toy today...

Futureshop, a Canadian retailer now owned by Best Buy, put the Saitek Yoke/Throttle on sale in combo with the Saitek rudder pedals. $120 off the combo and they throw in a copy of FSX. :)

Sadly, when I went to pick mine up they didn't have any copies of FSX left so I couldn't get a free spare... I had to settle for a copy of Acceleration instead. I feel just terrible about that. :icon_lol:

Snagged myself an extra throttle quadrant assembly, so now I have a full yoke, new pedals and 4-engine throttle with flap and spoiler levers.

Total cost, including Acceleration... $320 Canadian + tax.

Scratch
December 3rd, 2008, 14:09
Hot Dang!!!!!! Christmas come early:ernae:

Tako_Kichi
December 3rd, 2008, 14:13
Good buy and I am sure you will enjoy them.

I recently bought the Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant and I also have a Saitek X52 HOTAS and use the pedals from my Logitech MOMO racing wheel.

I had some initial problems with the yoke due to a manufacturing error but once I sorted that out (I am a former engineer and spotted the problem immediately I took the covers off) it has worked faultlessly.

I find the yoke to be responsive, the throttles smooth and the combination definitely improves the realism when flying yoke equipped aircraft.

war.ace
December 3rd, 2008, 14:39
:banghead:If I just waited a little longer:banghead:

Seaking055
December 3rd, 2008, 15:59
My favorite store in my home town. I've got so many deals from those guys it's not funny lol

When I was looking at getting my Saitek X52 for $199 I saw it another store they don't price match with for $149. Off I went and saw my guy in there, he got the manager and I said "this is my local store, I can drive 20 mins and save another $50 surely you don't want to lose a sale.

Manager said we need to look after you, I ended up getting the X52 Saitek for .......wait for it.........$89.....

Silver Fox
December 3rd, 2008, 16:51
I've got an X-52 HOTAS as well, in fact I've got all my previous Saitek stuff and it all works. I only seem to replace the stuff when I want better toys, not because it's broken.

The real funny part is the kid who was serving me, he was asking about FS and how good it really was. I used one of the desktop machines in the store to bring this place up and showed him a few screenshots...

Another one is now hooked. :icon_twi: