PDA

View Full Version : DHC_6 "400 Series" VC Redo

falcon409
March 17th, 2011, 10:14
I've been meaning to do this for awhile and when I started using the "Viktoria" for some of the Alaskan hops on the server, I decided it was time. It's just about complete. . .a few more labels to type in where the switches are on the lower right panel and some shadowing to do, but otherwise, it's about finished. I also intend to do a complete re-texture of the interior, but reference is pretty nonexistent unless someone here has one parked in their hangar or driveway and can get some decent pics, lol. Mostly it'll be original art done to replace the blurries that are there now.

CG_1976
March 17th, 2011, 10:22
Very nice Falcon. I'll move the Viking Twotter to the front of my hanger next to the paint-bay. It needs a possible CAF 440Sq paint with all the letters I sent to my MP and DND req the Viking 400 to replace our aging 300's.

Daube
March 18th, 2011, 02:12
What a coincidence... I've been flying the PAD amphibian TwinOtter yesterday evening, wishing than somebody would work on the VC textures :icon_eek:
By the way, are there any repaints for the external of the plane ?

doublecool
March 18th, 2011, 02:50
Very Nice :jump::salute:

falcon409
March 18th, 2011, 05:06
. . . . . . . .By the way, are there any repaints for the external of the plane ?
Actually, other than the one default texture, I don't think I've ever seen any other paints done for the 400 series. Even doing a search on Airliners.net doesn't produce anything other than that one livery.

falcon409
March 18th, 2011, 20:35
Has anyone who flies this noticed a lack of night lighting for the VC?. . .as in "none" actually? I don't do a lot of night flying, but this evening I did a few hops that way and I finally had to switch back to daytime because I couldn't read the gauges.:salute:

Daube
March 21st, 2011, 04:47
Yes I think I had the same exact problem...
Shouldn't be difficult to solve, though.

falcon409
March 21st, 2011, 10:45
Yea, there was a fix on the PAD site which adds VC lighting, not gauge lighting, but as Bob May mentioned to me in an e-mail. . .they aren't gauge programmers, so the VC lighting in the best available for this. It is much better than a totally dark cockpit too, lol.:salute:

mmann
March 21st, 2011, 10:54
What a coincidence... I've been flying the PAD amphibian TwinOtter yesterday evening, wishing than somebody would work on the VC textures :icon_eek:
By the way, are there any repaints for the external of the plane ?

Unfortunately, PAD requires that you contact them first for permission to upload any repaints of their aircraft. This is an extra step that many repainters (myself included) are not wanting to go through.

Regards, Mike Mann

falcon409
March 21st, 2011, 18:20
Unfortunately, PAD requires that you contact them first for permission to upload any repaints of their aircraft. This is an extra step that many repainters (myself included) are not wanting to go through.
Regards, Mike Mann
Wow, really? If you check the repaints pages on the PAD site, I've done a lot of liveries for them and Bob May has always been very prompt with permissions. Even if you upload it here or most of the other sites, it's at least a few days before they show up. . .of course it's your prerogative to not go through that one step, but it seems a bit silly not to. It's not like it's this huge legal hassle, they just want to see what's being uploaded and that proper permission has been given where necessary. . .pretty straight forward actually.

bobmay
March 22nd, 2011, 16:26
One of the things I learned very early on when I started repainting for FS98 & FS2000 was that in the FS world it's regarded as common courtesy that when you take someone else's work, alter it (i.e. repaint it) and then post it on the web you ask the author's permission first.
We like to see what repainters do to our models partly just because we're interested in what repainters do, partly because we like to see who else is interested in our work and partly to nip in the bud any potential monstrosities.
We want to encourage repainters and in 11 years we have never refused permission for a repaint, and never made a fuss when someone has posted a repaint without asking first, but on several occasions I have suggested to newbie painters a better way of achieving their desired result and sometimes even ended up giving one-to-one coaching in the finer points.

Bob
PAD

CP1207
March 22nd, 2011, 16:55
Well as someone who has only now started to try repaints, I completely understand the monstrosities issue...:jump: