PDA

View Full Version : Extending fuel range on campaign aircraft

delta_lima
March 16th, 2011, 20:12
I'm wanting to fly the Ocean Fury Campaign in a Seafire - the nicest, albeit less accurate than the real FR 47, is the AH CFS2 Seafire III. With Morton's repaints, can you blame me? :)

The trouble is when I warp, I often run out of fuel. I remember reading that not warping will extent your range - but is there a way to add enough fuel to this plane to allow it to do the ingress, combat, and return legs with enough fuel?

Many thanks!

dl

Pen32Win
March 16th, 2011, 23:11
DL;

Try this, before you Warp cut your thottle(s). You just may see that extended range you're looking for.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 17th, 2011, 02:54
I agree with Pen32Win and want to add that leaning out your mixture helps a lot too.

Discus
March 17th, 2011, 04:45
Do like you are flying the real plane: adjust propeller rpm, engine rpm, and fuel mixture for maximum endurance. That should include climbing to the best altitude for low fuel consumption, although I ussually warp just after reforming with all my little chickens after take off. If the mission is really long and you still get short off fuel try with different engine/propeller/fuel settings.

Cheers, Discus

delta_lima
March 17th, 2011, 07:15
Makes sense - I somehow thought warp was more of a "teleport", where all that changes is time and space - I guess what you're all saying is that's it's more of an "sim rate acceleration", so all processes - including fuel consumption - continue.

Thanks - will try and advise.

dl