PDA

View Full Version : SF8 F86 black canopy

olderndirt
March 16th, 2011, 15:39
A question probably heard before. After downloading and installing a couple of 'Wild Bill Kelso's' RCAF textures for the FSX version of SectionF8's F86, I noticed they have black canopies. Where can I find a fix for this?

W. Bleddyn
March 16th, 2011, 15:58
If it is just with Wild Bill's skins then go to one of your other texture folders and copy the texture.cfg file, and place it in the folder for the skin you are having trouble with. That fixed it for me.

olderndirt
March 16th, 2011, 16:13
If it is just with Wild Bill's skins then go to one of your other texture folders and copy the texture.cfg file, and place it in the folder for the skin you are having trouble with. That fixed it for me.No joy on that - the texture.cfg files are identical.

W. Bleddyn
March 16th, 2011, 16:29
hmm ok, sorry it didn't help. When I downloaded skins for that plane they didn't have a cfg file at all, odd that yours did, adding it cleared up the black cockpit for me.

Hopefully someone will be along with another idea. :salute:

delta_lima
March 16th, 2011, 18:04
In the texture foldure you've added, is there a "texture.cfg" file? That has an important line that reads

"[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture.shared"

On a lot of FSX models, there is a common texture folder (in the case of the FSX Sabre, called "shared". That gives the sim to read these specific texture files (repaint) AND those common files in the shared folder.

All I did is copy one of the texture.cfg files from the FSX package into the texture folder from WBK's repaint. Works like a charm.

dl

EDIT: sorry - I sat in the thread for a while before responding (got pulled into something else) - didn't see that WB had responded in the meantime with the same suggestion. Doublecheck everything. If the stock FSX textures appear fine, and nothing has been added/deleted, then it has to work. If the stock textures are giving you issues, then it's a different story.

Wild Bill Kelso
March 17th, 2011, 07:16
Hmmm - that's strange:
Everything fine here (SP2)

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/sabre_x3.jpg

Did you apply Bjoern's excellent patch, proceeding the conversion batch routine after installing my textures?

Cheers,
Markus.

Aircanuck
March 17th, 2011, 07:27
Hmmm - that's strange:
Everything fine here (SP2)

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/sabre_x3.jpg

Did you apply Bjoern's excellent patch, proceeding the conversion batch routine after installing my textures?

Cheers,
Markus.

Wild Bill,

Is this repaint still available ?

Aircanuck :jump:

delta_lima
March 17th, 2011, 09:19
Wild Bill,

Is this repaint still available ?

Aircanuck :jump:

Yes - it's here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13611

If you go to the "warbird archive" section of the library, and sort by author (WBK) - you'll see a number of them - a few RCAF, Luftwaffe, etc. Really good paints.

dl

Aircanuck
March 17th, 2011, 10:01
..... cheers for the repaint and your fix, perfect !

Aircanuck :salute:

olderndirt
March 17th, 2011, 10:51
Once again "If you lead a horse to water, he will drink" - eventually. Should have got it from W Bleddyn's first reply; anyway thanks for the help. Super repaints Wild Bill.