PDA

View Full Version : CR-1 Ford Tri-motor Released!

srgalahad
March 16th, 2011, 06:53
No longer a WIP, the Trimotor is now available at the CR-1 storefront:
http://cr1-software.com/addons/ford-trimotor/

Screenshots on the above page, so go take a look!

3DMax model
Multi-layer textures with enhanced shading
Animated pilot and co-pilot
Full exterior animation suite, including gear flex and shock absorbers
Full interior cockpit animation suite
Land version models
Float version models
Passenger carrier models
Cargo carrier models
Airline pilots
Civilian pilots
Fully modeled cargo load – float cargo and land cargo versions
Excellent air file that represents the real Ford Trimotor flying characteristics
Opening passenger door
Opening emergency exit
Opening luggage compartment- underside of wings
Click and open interior window
Full interior and exterior VC lighting and nav lighting
Painters kit
Excellent sound suite
XML 3D gauge suite
7 models
Nine liveries
Full Documentation suite – historical, knee pad and reference manuals
Easy and robust installer software to get you going

$29.95 USD

Also available at other retailers over the next few days.

Rob

krazycolin
March 16th, 2011, 07:02
Very pretty!

AndyE1976
March 16th, 2011, 08:20
Looks like great attention to detail, inside and out.

Anneke
March 16th, 2011, 09:04
Congrat's awesome modelling details. It's a classic!

dvj
March 16th, 2011, 11:09
333113331033309CR1 - this is just stunning. I could not resist this old bird. What a classic!

Roger
March 16th, 2011, 11:58
It's gorgeous! I was lucky enough to beta test this so I'm biased but if you love the old iron you will like this.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-13.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-12.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-10.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-11.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-1.jpg

italoc
March 16th, 2011, 15:11
Good job
Worth the price
Italo

gradyhappyg
March 17th, 2011, 01:24
Really really nice:ernae:. The little details are outstanding. The big details ain't bad either.

Kowalski65
March 17th, 2011, 01:54
The site says it needs a powerful computer to get the best from it.

I have a Quad Q6700 @ 2.67GHz, with 4Gb of RAM, & an NVidia GForce 9500GS. Will that cut the mustard does anyone know?

I hope so as I am sorely tempted!

Roger
March 17th, 2011, 05:15
You have a similar set up to me and I can fly it ok. I have the Q6600 overclocked to 3.3 gig but even so your rig should manage it.

dvj
March 17th, 2011, 06:41
Loving this model, but I have one little niggle. It seems to sit too high and forward on the floats as seen in this image. What in the config file would one adjust to lower the water line and pitch the aircraft toward the back?

d33347

OleBoy
March 17th, 2011, 19:14
She sure looks purty Tom. A great classic endeavor.

Roger
March 19th, 2011, 11:53
Loving this model, but I have one little niggle. It seems to sit too high and forward on the floats as seen in this image. What in the config file would one adjust to lower the water line and pitch the aircraft toward the back?

d33347

I'll ask the question dvj.
It doesn't seem to sit that high with my model?

Here's some more screenshots of the floater....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-15.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-16.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-17.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-18.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/cr1tri-19.jpg

tommieboy
March 19th, 2011, 12:18

d33347

I don't have this plane yet, but might it be a fuel load / payload distribution issue?

dvj
March 19th, 2011, 15:04
I don't have this plane yet, but might it be a fuel load / payload distribution issue?

Regardless of payload or distribution the rudders never touch the water and the aircraft holds the same position on water. Here is the only archive photo I could find on the web of the actual aircraft on floats. If there was a way to adjust this myself, I'd like to experiment with it.

fleurdelys
March 19th, 2011, 22:03
Regardless of payload or distribution the rudders never touch the water and the aircraft holds the same position on water. Here is the only archive photo I could find on the web of the actual aircraft on floats. If there was a way to adjust this myself, I'd like to experiment with it.

Hi DVJ,

Nice pic of this classic and yes, I agree with all that this is a gorgeous rendition of it !

You might want to try this on for size and see if it matches your pic more closely...

point.2= 4, -14.10, 8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.3= 4, -14.10, -8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0

I have underlined the two changes that I made to better suit my taste. I know, some people are tweak addicts...
There are only 3 settings which handle the location of each contact point (there are 4) of the float on water.
- number 4 determines what type of wheel, ski or float the plane is wearing (don't touch that).
- "-14.10" places the contact point forward or aft of the CG.
- "8.85 or -8.85" places the contact point left or right of the CG.
- "-8.75" determines the height over or below the CG.

I have taken two shots of the plane as it moves up or down sitting in the water. The float rudder makes contact with the water in both cases...

Hoping this will get you moving in the right direction with your experimenting.

BTW, make a copy first of your aircraft CFG just to be on the safe side if you want to go back to square one...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

dvj
March 20th, 2011, 11:06
Hi DVJ,

Nice pic of this classic and yes, I agree with all that this is a gorgeous rendition of it !

You might want to try this on for size and see if it matches your pic more closely...

point.2= 4, -14.10, 8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.3= 4, -14.10, -8.85, -8.75, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0

I have underlined the two changes that I made to better suit my taste. I know, some people are tweak addicts...
There are only 3 settings which handle the location of each contact point (there are 4) of the float on water.
- number 4 determines what type of wheel, ski or float the plane is wearing (don't touch that).
- "-14.10" places the contact point forward or aft of the CG.
- "8.85 or -8.85" places the contact point left or right of the CG.
- "-8.75" determines the height over or below the CG.

I have taken two shots of the plane as it moves up or down sitting in the water. The float rudder makes contact with the water in both cases...

Hoping this will get you moving in the right direction with your experimenting.

BTW, make a copy first of your aircraft CFG just to be on the safe side if you want to go back to square one...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

YAHOO! That fixed it. Big Thank you to Ferurdleys!

fleurdelys
March 24th, 2011, 04:15
For those of you who fell in love with this beauty, you might want to have a look at the original from YouTube !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJlOrmQ2vRA

This one is about the startup sequence, but there are many others taken in and out, and flying in the plane...

The following tweak will enable you to manually follow the startup sequence as seen in the video...

I didn't invent any of it; just red through the manual...:applause:

1. Each engine can be individually selected with the following controls : e+1 (right), e+2 (center) and e+3 (left). You can select one, two or three at a time, and in fact, after startup, you must get them back all in line or you'll be flying on a limb... : e+1+2+3.
The sequencing is easy as you press e and then press the number of the engine that you select.

2. Select the center engine (e+2) first ! Get the mixture to rich (ctrl+shift+F3) and keep that selection pressed for at least 5 seconds to get the lever up to 100%. Crack up the engine a bit by pressing twice on F3 (this gives it a little gas to start the engine up). Then startup the engine by pressing down M++ (read M and the + sign on the board) and leave it there for one second to get it fully started...

3. Now that you've got the first engine running, select the left one (e+3) and do the same...

4. Now get the right engine running by first selecting it (e+1) and repeat the above sequences...

5. After getting all three engines running, make a selection of all 3 engines (e+1+2+3) to get them working as a single unit. Make sure that all the fuel mixtures are up (3 little levers almost hidden behind the wheel).

This startup sequence can either be done inside the VC or from the outside as we make use of the board exclusively.

For the "greens" among you who want to save up on gas, you might want to taxi using the center engine only...
Just remember to get all three engines online after (e+1+2+3) doing any of the above to make sure that you have all three running as a unit when you fly...

Enjoy this gorgeous beauty,

Fleurdelys

baernhard
March 26th, 2011, 03:15
Hi Trimotor-Friends,

if somebody is interested in this painting, I load this up to FLIGHTSIM.
But attention, it is fictitious. In Switzerland only flew Fokker F VII. :kilroy:

Cheers Baernhard

Roger
March 26th, 2011, 04:46
Thanks baernhard,
I'll take that Swiss paint!

Thanks,

Roger.

Cazzie
March 26th, 2011, 05:32
That is sublime is it not Roger? :jump:

fleurdelys
March 26th, 2011, 08:31
Thanks Baernhard,

Downloading it now !

Fleurdelys

flaviossa
March 26th, 2011, 14:46
I cannot locate the link for this paint. Can someone put a direct link for this?

Thanks!

Roger
March 26th, 2011, 15:10
I cannot locate the link for this paint. Can someone put a direct link for this?

Thanks!

I've searched Flightsim too and can't find it?

baernhard
March 26th, 2011, 22:52
Ask patience, please. It was uploaded yesterday. In the course of the day it is available.

Thanks, Baernhard.

OleBoy
March 27th, 2011, 06:42
Getting a little antsy?

FSX Swissair Ford Tri-Motor

View
http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=154986

DL
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=154986

fleurdelys
March 27th, 2011, 09:12
Getting a little antsy?

FSX Swissair Ford Tri-Motor

View
http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=154986

DL
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=154986

Thanks for the tread OleBoy, as you might have surmised, I had not downloaded it when I wrote that note above...:icon_lol:

Thanks Baernhard for that skin ! It was worth the wait...:icon29:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

joe bob
March 27th, 2011, 17:21
Nice!

Roger
March 28th, 2011, 14:47
Thanks Baernhard:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/HB-LBO.jpg

robcap
April 12th, 2011, 13:17
Still didn't get it. Sure looks great.
Here's another vintage Youtube flick. Great period footage.
khTYD2GlTOM

Portia911
April 3rd, 2013, 17:40
Apologies for digging up an old post, but some earlier discussion on this thread is close to my subject question.

I have been happily flying the CR1 Ford Tri-motor for a while now, but have recently tried the floatplane version for a new PNW + accusim-water experience.

My question is whether there is some trick to activating its water rudders as the usual ctrl+W has no effect. Just hoping anyone who has this (or was a beta-tester . . . Roger?) might know how to steer it at low speed. I'm stuck juggling throttle levers to apply right or left power, but this results in turning circles more akin to an ocean-liner rather than a would-be PNW bush plane.

Thanks. :salute:

fxsttcb
April 4th, 2013, 05:05
...My question is whether there is some trick to activating its water rudders as the usual ctrl+W has no effect. Just hoping anyone who has this (or was a beta-tester . . . Roger?) might know how to steer it at low speed....Water Rudder activation is, for all intents and purposes, an animation thingy. The Contact Point steering angle entry, in the aircraft.cfg, for the floats themselves, is what to fix. The 7th(starts at 0) entry after the "=" is the one.

[CONTACT_POINTS]
// 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
point.0=4, 14.0, 8.85, -9.90, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.1=4, 14.0, -8.85, -9.90, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0
point.2=4, -14.1, 8.85, -9.55, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3, 0, 0
point.3=4, -14.1, -8.85, -9.55, 2800, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2, 0, 0...

Both the front and rear points are steerable...Don

Firekitten
April 4th, 2013, 05:49
A lot of multi engine float planes didn't have water rudders... even the twin otter doesn't. Variable power is the correct way to steer, and yeah, turning circles can be larger, but plan ahead... its a trimotor... its not a 180 :P

huub vink
April 4th, 2013, 07:04
FSX68,

There are serveral payware designers who have not automated their purchase systems. As they normally have a real life and a full time job next to FSX designing, you will have to wait until somebody from the payware company is available.

As Cr1 stated they will react within 24 hours I assume "soon" will be somewhere within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Huub

As you deleted your post I assume Cr1 already reacted....

aircav1970
April 4th, 2013, 07:44
I love flying this old bird,here is a single shot coming in to Bowerman Field....

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/FSXFlyer/Ford%20Tri%20Motor/2012-7-31_12-38-15-690.jpg

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 09:04
FSX68,

There are serveral payware designers who have not automated their purchase systems. As they normally have a real life and a full time job next to FSX designing, you will have to wait until somebody from the payware company is available.

As Cr1 stated they will react within 24 hours I assume "soon" will be somewhere within 24 hours.

Cheers,
Huub

Huub,

I can only hope that they do come thru and provide a link. What you say helps (read comfort) me a little that it will all be sorted out. I thought about what you said in that
some devs have day jobs therefore, I have to play "the waiting game". Some of the other folks got their D/L a little quicker then I did and so there was cause for concern.
I deleted post here and started new thread. Sent email to a Thomas Wood ( guess he is the grand Poobah of CR-1)

Roger
April 4th, 2013, 10:05
Glad you got your answer Portia:engel016:
One thing I would like to do is darken the windscreen in spot view but have yet to find the texture, in fac t I think it may be in the model. Anyone got an idea?

Cheers,

Roger.

huub vink
April 4th, 2013, 11:53
In the past it was the same with Aeroplane Heaven. As I live in the Middle European Time zone there is a time difference of nearly 12 hours with East Australia where Bazzar lives. He ran his shop more or less on his own, so sometimes it could take some time before I had a response.
However the product were always worth the wait ;)

When I'm informed correctly Thomas Wood is from Calgary, so at the time I'm writing this it is nearly 2 PM there. Just to give you an indication.

Cheers,
Huub

Huub,

I can only hope that they do come thru and provide a link. What you say helps (read comfort) me a little that it will all be sorted out. I thought about what you said in that some devs have day jobs therefore, I have to play "the waiting game". Some of the other folks got their D/L a little quicker then I did and so there was cause for concern.
I deleted post here and started new thread. Sent email to a Thomas Wood ( guess he is the grand Poobah of CR-1)

Portia911
April 4th, 2013, 13:31
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try changing the contact point values. :salute:

FSX68
April 4th, 2013, 18:37
FSX68,

Cheers,
Huub

You were right Huub, this bloke has a day job and responded to my email with a link and PW to unlock it. He is trying to pass the blame of Paypal not providing me with the
D/L link. Paypal provided me with a link to CR-1 page with a Success story and while you are waiting you can watch some vids. He was a little perturbed that I was a little
impetuous about getting the link right away and waiting for 24 hours is not the end of the world. I am glad that I did sent him an email as that put the onus to provide me
with a D/L link. So I got what I paid for and it's all sorted. From all of this when it comes to doing business CR-1 it's once bitten twice shy.........

Portia911
April 4th, 2013, 23:35
Big thanks to fsxttcb! It was as easy as swapping the 0.0 for 25.0 (as per the value I found in Milton's Avia floatplane). Here's a couple of pics of my now-maneuverable Ford floatplane - including my first attempt at 'parallel parking' at a jetty! ;)

I'm still likely to move on to the DH.89 Rapide floatplane soon (especially as it comes in Queen Charlotte Airlines livery and I've just done a bit of searching - wow! what a find - just perfect for anyone wanting to replicate an historic regional air-hauler company of the 1940s using FTX-ORBX PNW/PF scenery!)

Thanks again CR1 and fsxttcb. :salute:

Tom@Cr1-Software
April 5th, 2013, 08:55
Hello all.
When you buy from the Cr1-oftware Web site you are directed to PAY PAL. Once you have completed your purchase Pay Pal is supposed to give you a link that redirects you to the CR1-Software Home site. A lot of people miss that last step. If you miss that step then the Cr1-Site will not allow you to download the software. Its a common mistake and not a big deal as I can generate a new download in seconds for you. However it is Pay Pals system that I am a member of and I am bound to thier cart system and the way they set it up. Sometimes the link may not pop up due to heavy traffic on the site as well as we are always very busey. If you by mistake miss that link you can always get to me through here at the out house through a PM or through my personal email tomatsimtech@shaw.ca or through the Cr1-Software web site under customer service www.cr1-software.com

I have been around as long as dirt. 14 years. I am the second longest running flight sim commercial vendor out side of Abacus who has endured for 25 years. I am not going any where any time soon and have many new projects coming up. Unfortunately I have to also raise a very young family and I have a day job so I do my best to get back to you all as soon as I can, if I have the information I will be more then happy to get you up and running. Also Im am a one man design team, not big 20 man team like others around here. Im one guy building them and servicing the addons. I am not in the habit of ripping people off either. My prices are just about freeware as I do this as a hobby more then a commercial enterprise. And yes I get frustrated with PAY pal all the time as well.

Lastly, I appreciate the support all of you have shown me over the years. From the early years when I was Simtech Flight Design To the more recent times as Cr1-Software ( Crashwoody1-Software) and I hope that you will still come out to my hangar for my future releases such as the new Fsx native Do 335.

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks to all!