PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia CH-47D Chinook VC preview

merida72
March 13th, 2011, 10:05
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n2k0-QxEGBo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

now found on youtube

Tako_Kichi
March 13th, 2011, 10:37
Nice! :applause:

Roger
March 13th, 2011, 10:44
I'm liking what I'm seeing.

peter12213
March 13th, 2011, 14:13
Ditto Roger mate!

jeansy
March 13th, 2011, 15:21
theres a good read at hover control on this

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=19402

Roger
March 13th, 2011, 15:43
theres a good read at hover control on this

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=19402

For against, for against etc.
I'll stick with what I've seen here tonight in Merida's post.

mal998
March 13th, 2011, 16:21
yeah, a real positive sounding bunch over there... :tgun2:

jeansy
March 13th, 2011, 17:59
yeah, a real positive sounding bunch over there... :tgun2:

yes and no Mal there is a lot of experienced people with the chook there but yes i know its hard to please everyone

Im guessing Phil is pulling his hair out again with the comments, accepting constructive criticism isnt one of his greatest traits

Kiwikat
March 13th, 2011, 18:00
So uh... how do the new rules work?

I can't say what I don't like about it? I guess I won't say anything then. :kilroy:

Tracon
March 13th, 2011, 18:26
I quite like it... Nice weathered look to the flightdeck. Good job. Never heard of you guys though.

snowbird552
March 13th, 2011, 18:47
Weird... that doesn't look like a C-17 pit to me? :angryfir:

N2056
March 13th, 2011, 18:56
@ snowbird: This is a road we have gone down too many times in the past, and we have no desire to do it again. It never ends well. Please take the hint.

snowbird552
March 13th, 2011, 23:37
"Take a hint"? I suppose i'll just turn a blind eye to theft then, is that SOH policy? "Don't worry it's coming soon" has been the Alpahsim/ Virtavia policy for a couple of years now. I know you want more developers to post here, and I never bash the quality of anyones creations as I could not come anywhere near matching their quality myself. But taking money for something and not delivering is theft whether you like it or not. I don't care how many times anyone has been down this road. Unless they're held accountable for their promises, people will continue to get screwed... MAKE IT END WELL.

Ferry_vO
March 14th, 2011, 03:17
@Snowbird: First of all, this thread is about the upcoming Virtavia Chinook, not the C-17.
Virtavia doesn't visit here (At least no offical representation) so accusing them of theft here is completely pointless.
If you feel slighted by them I suggest contacting them through the official Virtavia website and ask for the VC status or try to get your money back.
http://www.virtavia.com/?page_id=202

calypsos
March 14th, 2011, 03:18
All my RW helicopter flying is from the 1970's and 80's so it is real treat to see a panel that I could use without having to de-cipher it all first, how I hate the modern CRT cockpits! Looks real enough to tempt me into purchasing it.

Ferry_vO
March 14th, 2011, 03:20
I agree on the 'steam-powered gauges' Calypsos (They are better on the framerate too!) but since the Dutch fly the D version with a digital cockpit I would like to see that version too.

centuryseries
March 14th, 2011, 12:24
"Take a hint"? I suppose i'll just turn a blind eye to theft then, is that SOH policy? "Don't worry it's coming soon" has been the Alpahsim/ Virtavia policy for a couple of years now. I know you want more developers to post here, and I never bash the quality of anyones creations as I could not come anywhere near matching their quality myself. But taking money for something and not delivering is theft whether you like it or not. I don't care how many times anyone has been down this road. Unless they're held accountable for their promises, people will continue to get screwed... MAKE IT END WELL.

Snowbird, all I can say to you without going into detail as it's not my place to do so is that the VC is most DEFINATELY being worked on behind the scenes. I've seen screenshots of it and it looks really great, and it's still coming along in due course.

You may not realise it, but sometimes life gets in the way of all things flight sim related. Alphasim has gone through a massive transition to Virtavia.

I understand your frustration, but be assured I wouldn't lie to you about this. I'm not closely associated with Virtavia these days having been a past model contributor since 2003 (SR-71, B-52, B-58, Mirage IV) but I have seen progress with the C-17 VC.

It will come.

David.

Shylock
March 18th, 2011, 00:00
Wow........:jawdrop:

Tako_Kichi
May 27th, 2011, 15:25
Anybody heard anything new on this bird recently?