PDA

View Full Version : FREE Socata Rallye ...Native FSX ...released

kilo delta
March 12th, 2011, 05:55
This one has been out for a while now,but I haven't come across it until today. Cannot wait to try this out as I've most of my RL hours in variants of this bird. Download and pics are available here.. http://www.d-riv.fr/fs/avions/Rallye100ST/ :ernae:

skyhawka4m
March 12th, 2011, 06:08
no pilots???

bmd
March 12th, 2011, 07:05
Hello kilo delta,

Thank you for the heads up about the new socata rallye model. The model lokk very good. It is a good new to have a native FsX model of this famous french aircraft.

To skyhawka4m: this a veta version of the rallye. May be the designer will introduce the pilot later.

Have a good day

Benoit

CavOk
March 12th, 2011, 07:17
Thanks for the heads up with this one. I have very fond memories of the Rallye, I learned to fly on the type at Biggin Hill. The model seems a little more spriteley than I remember, but so what it was very evocative of those happy times. My first solo was nearly interrupted by the BofB Lancaster but her captain allowed me to take off first and he waited until I completed the circuit and landed and then I got a cheer from him. Happy days.......

Bjoern
March 12th, 2011, 08:13
no pilots???

Can't blame the designer.

Humans are awfully hard to model.

kilo delta
March 12th, 2011, 08:19
Thanks for the heads up with this one. I have very fond memories of the Rallye, I learned to fly on the type at Biggin Hill. The model seems a little more spriteley than I remember, but so what it was very evocative of those happy times. My first solo was nearly interrupted by the BofB Lancaster but her captain allowed me to take off first and he waited until I completed the circuit and landed and then I got a cheer from him. Happy days.......

Brilliant story Cavok! :d :ernae:

Regarding the pilot...maybe someone could donate a pilot figure to the dev (as it is freeware)...if that is mutually acceptable to all parties?

N2056
March 12th, 2011, 08:55
Although this one has been out for a while it looks like a few people (including myself) missed it originally...deserves a sticky :salute:

T6flyer
March 13th, 2011, 00:07
Thanks for the HU. I have quite a few hours on Rallyes too, mostly the 100hp models and a few trips in the larger Minervas. Preferred the lesser power examples (with a stick). Don't see many around now as believe corrosion is a major factor these days and no one can really afford the fuel in the larger variants!

Martin

Dougie
March 13th, 2011, 11:59
no pilots???

You're the pilot
;)

kilo delta
March 14th, 2011, 03:42
Took this up for a brief flight last night and am very impressed by it. The lack of a pilot doesn't bother me too much as I usually fly from the vc only. I love the way the wing slats are correctly modelled too.I've switched out the sound for the Carenado C152 as a personal preference. All in all a fantastic bit of freeware.

Now...I know of a Rallye shell going a begging. Wonder if I can smuggle it into the garage and start on my cockpit sim project! :d

BAT21
March 14th, 2011, 11:20
Below a certain speed (I did not understand at wich km/h) there is a strange sound and the slats came out from the wings.
When the speed increase again the slats go back in the wing.

I did not appreciate the change in lift because at the same time I pulled the flaps

It is the first time I find an aircraft with this device in FSX

Very well done

wiltzei
March 14th, 2011, 11:49
...slats came out from the wings.

Anthony´s Tiger Moth incorporates this feature as well.

Francois
March 17th, 2011, 11:21
Below a certain speed (I did not understand at wich km/h) there is a strange sound and the slats came out from the wings.

I did not appreciate the change in lift because at the same time I pulled the flaps

Very well done

The old Lysander was (I think) the first plane to include fully automatic slats and flaps. And of course, that's modeled in our model :wavey:

W. Bleddyn
March 17th, 2011, 18:41

Besides the Lysander mentioned by Francois above, the excellent freeware SectionF8 F-86/F Sabre has fully functional automatic wing slats. I am sure there are lots more, like some of the airliners but I rarely fly those myself so don't know of any offhand.

N2056
March 17th, 2011, 18:45
I'm fairly certain that the Flight Replicas Me-262 has that feature as well.

danyboy21
March 17th, 2011, 19:50
There is a new update of the plane - 15 march.

kilo delta
March 18th, 2011, 09:09
There is a new update of the plane - 15 march.

Excellent! Thanks for the HU.:ernae:

Cazzie
March 18th, 2011, 15:37
Merci, downloading now. :jump:

Caz

kilo delta
April 14th, 2011, 13:39
Another new update now available..April 11 :)

Bruce Thompson
April 14th, 2011, 14:32
Thanks for the HU on this updated version.
It's a nice aircraft to fly low'n'slow handles really well.

kilo delta
November 24th, 2011, 09:00
I've just received an email from the dev stating a new updated model is now available. This one includes a (non animated) pilot figure. Get it here... http://www.d-riv.fr/fs/avions/Rallye100ST/ :ernae:

Roger
November 24th, 2011, 09:05
Just downloaded now. Thanks for the hu KD:ernae:

Killbilly
November 24th, 2011, 09:46
Thanks for the HU on the new version (and thanks to the developers for the update). It's a nice-looking plane, but I had avoided downloading this one before 'cause ghost planes kind of creep me out. Now I can really enjoy it. :applause:

OleBoy
November 24th, 2011, 10:26
This looks pretty good. A must try for me.

kilo delta
November 25th, 2011, 12:15
I've not had a chance to fire up my sim pc for a while. Can someone post some screenies of the plane/pilot so I can see how see looks? Much appreciated. :)

Killbilly
November 25th, 2011, 13:45
Here ya go, Kilo Delta. I slapped a little of my own paint on it, and a US registration; but this will give you the idea of what the pilot is like. It's a really nice plane. The interior textures need a bit of work, but they're not bad.

kilo delta
November 26th, 2011, 03:58
Thanks for the sceen shots,Killbilly. :ernae:

ryapad
August 3rd, 2016, 16:00
Hey guys, check out this old buried thread.