PDA

View Full Version : Need help to get the VC mod to work!

idahosurge
March 10th, 2011, 11:16
In the sticky for Beginners Instructions for X3TC Gigabyte posted a link to a VC mod addon.

Below is a link to the thread for the VC mod over at Egosoft.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I can not get the mod to work, I posted the below over at Egosoft on the thread for the VC mod, but have not gotten any help. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to get the VC's to show up?

__________________________________________________ ____________________
For starters I am new to X3TC and know nothing about modding.

I downloaded PSCO1 CockpitMod v1.30 from the first page of this thread.

I created a mods folder and then unzipped v.130 in the mods folder, but when I start X3TC I do not have any VC's.

Here is my folder
X3 Terran Conflict\mods\Xtented_v1.30_PSCO1_CockpitMod_v.130 rc and in this folder I have two files, 16.cat and 16.dat

What do I need to do in order to see VC's?

By the way I am flying the default Humble Merchant Mercury
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Lionheart
March 10th, 2011, 23:13
Mike will probably be able to answer this since he's probably reinstalled X3 about 4 times this year.

All I know is that Cat's go in one specific location, and putting things into the right folder system is totally important. Wrong folder, and it doesnt work.

It is cool to have VC's though. You'll be happy when its working right. Probably missed some basic little step is all.

Maybe try installing it again. 3rd time is a winner. ;)

GT182
March 12th, 2011, 17:35
If I recall correctly.... When I had the cockpit the cockpit mod the CAT and DAT files went in the Main folder. They were numbered the next numerical number after the last CAT and DAT files. If you have CAT 12 and DAT 12 as the last files, you rename to number them to cockpit 13, for both. Keep a written record of what files you number for what you install. It will make it easier to find them if you want to unistall them or need to change anything.

The Mod file will show the Apricot Mapping Service for TC if you decide to install it. The Mod file is only for this type of mod. Same for Xtend mod. These types of mods are a major change for X3 and you will have to start and new game. The game saves for before these are installed will no longer work.

Make sure you use the Plugin Manager for cheat scripts, Free Jump, AMS Salvage scripts and so on.

GT182
March 12th, 2011, 17:47
BTW... I see Mike hasn't posted in here since January. Any ideas on what's happened?

I sure hope all is ok with him and/or his computer.

idahosurge
March 13th, 2011, 07:04
Thanks for the suggestion Gary, but I get the same results starting with a new game as I do continuing from an existing game. The VC shows up but instead of seeing space outside the VC windows it is like looking at the bulkheads of a ship or something like that.

GT182
March 13th, 2011, 16:38
I'm stumped.

Try hitting the 5 key on the number pad. That centers your view forward. If that doesn't work, I've no idea on what's wrong. You might have to wait until Mike shows up for the fix. Sorry I can't help more.

idahosurge
March 14th, 2011, 17:14
Over on the Egosoft forum thread for the VC PSCO1 posted update v1.30a for X3TC v3.1 and it now works!

GT182
March 15th, 2011, 06:28
Great... never thought of an update for it with the new patch. Glad it's now working for you.

Any chance of posting a screenshot of it installed? I don't have it in but might just do it.

idahosurge
March 15th, 2011, 13:05

Here you go, this is the default Mercury that the Humble Merchant starts with.

GT182
March 15th, 2011, 15:57
Nice... glad you got it working.

I'm flying an Apricot Mapping Service Vidarsaurus. I'm not sure if the cockpits will even work with it. I'll have to try tho and see what happens.

Lionheart
March 16th, 2011, 10:24
IdahoSurge,

Glad you got the cockpits running proper. Remember, you can blip between the views of with and without panels view modes via F1 key. This includes a rear shot as well if you are being chased, it comes in handy.. ;)

BTW... I see Mike hasn't posted in here since January. Any ideas on what's happened?

I sure hope all is ok with him and/or his computer.

He has been pretty busy with biz trips and working on the wifes computer. He plays pranks on his family all the time, they may have done something to him... :S

GT182
March 19th, 2011, 14:02
He has been pretty busy with biz trips and working on the wifes computer. He plays pranks on his family all the time, they may have done something to him... :S

Hmmmm. Then maybe they've been keeping him tied him up when he's home. LOL

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2011, 18:08
Hmmmm. Then maybe they've been keeping him tied him up when he's home. LOL

um... no.. I think they know he would like that... ;)

gigabyte
March 29th, 2011, 02:09
Hey guys, I have been buried but I am alive and well, having some puter problems but will have them solved shortly I hope. Finally got the wife back on line and now my system is dead, working on the nnetbook is no fun...

GT182
March 29th, 2011, 15:58
Hey there he is! Great to see ya Mike. :wavey:

Had problems with my old computer too and had to build a new one. Hope you get it sorted out soon and back online.

gigabyte
March 30th, 2011, 12:48
What a PITA... I have been on the road more this winter than any of the past 15 I have been with this company and I have to head out again on Monday...:isadizzy: when I got home from the last trip the wife's new desktop had packed it in so I had to install a new Hard drive and by the time I reinstalled all of the software and restored the backup the week was shot. I was just getting back into the cockpit to blow some stuff up and what do ya know my 24" monitor will not light up :angryfir:... so I am back to the 2 old 19" (what a drag...) and one of them starts acting funny... I am thinking it may be the video card and not the monitor now so I have some more work to do before I am functional again.

This might all be for the best, I have been looking at a new ATI card that supports 4 DVI outputs so it would give me an excuse to buy that, then later if the 24" is not fryed I will add a second and have 2 24" and 2 19", that would suite me just fine :jump:.

GT182
April 2nd, 2011, 13:01
Mike, that happened to my old computer too. Some one another forum suggested it could be your power supply taking a dump. Check that out too.

Lionheart
April 3rd, 2011, 14:16
sorry to hear that Mike. Have a safe journey and hope you get everything working right.

Is there a way you can get your GC and PS checked? At BestBuy's GeekSquad, they would take out the parts, put them in another computer and check that they were working..

Just an idea. Maybe if you had an old rig you could test them on...

Bill

gigabyte
April 4th, 2011, 02:49
My biggest prolem is TIME, I don't have enough of that, I am A+ certified and do all my own work on my system and all the systems at work so it's just a matter of finding a few hours to really look at it. I think the wife would crap her pants if I ever took one of my systems to anyone else to repair...lol

I tested the PSU (I have a dedicated tester for Power supplies) and it is right up to spec, it is actually able to deliver more power than it is speced for. I am betting on the Video Card and I am fairly certian it is just output #1, no problem on the #2 Output, but #1 cuts out and sometimes it will not kick back in after the system sleeps.

I really want a new Video card anyway, so this is not a bad thing, I am thinking abou the ATI 5770 and will try to pick one up while I am in Hfx this week.