PDA

View Full Version : Just needed to share this about Dad...

papab
March 10th, 2011, 10:50
I have been a part of these forums for several years and although I have only had direct contact with several of you I just wanted to share this with my SOH family...

Got a call yesterday that Dad was in Intensive care ,in a coma, with a bleed on the left brain. He is on a ventilator, and not responsive. His living will says "DNR" and I respect his wishes

Please help me celerbate Dad's long life, 90 years long!! A stubborn farm boy from Ohio,served in the Army Air Corp working in AT-6 Texans. After marriage and college he got his PHd in Psychology, was a research psychologist at Johns Hopkins where he retired from 25 years ago

Lived in northern Maryland on a beautiful piece of property. Had a xmas tree farm that he has worked and sold for 20 years, watching families grow up....

Rebuilt 1930-1940 tractors in his barn, grew grapes and made his own wine , had a huge garden and cannned and pickled for the winter months and even designed and built the house he retired to...

Dr. Clinton C. Brown was a wonderful man, was and has been an inspiration to me my whole life and will be missed...

I write this with tears in my eyes, not of saddness but of joy to be the son of this wonderful,wonderful man!!

God bless his soul and may he find eternal peace--Bye Dad...

Your Son,
Rick Brown

hews500d
March 10th, 2011, 10:58
A wonderful tribute to your father. I'm so sorry to hear about this. It sounds like he's lived a wonderful life and I pray that God will be with you and your familiy during this difficult time.

Darrell

Roger
March 10th, 2011, 10:59
God bless.
Seemed he had a wonderful life and family as you so eloquently expressed.
I lost my dad just over a year ago and even at 57 (as I was then) it's still hard to bear the loss.

OBIO
March 10th, 2011, 11:11
papab

Sorry to hear the news..but thanks for sharing your Dad with us. We should all be so lucky to have lived a life as full, rich, rewarding and meaningful as the one your Dad lead. Restoring antique tractors and raising Christmas trees....those really touched my heart as I have a thing for vintage farm equipment and evergreen trees.

May the good Lord welcome your Dad to his reward, and my He comfort you and your family during the days and weeks ahead. Grieve not for a life lost, celebrate the life lived.

OBIO

txnetcop
March 10th, 2011, 11:19
Outstanding tribute Rick to a man deserving of it! Godspeed
Ted

JoeW
March 10th, 2011, 11:36
Sorry to hear about your das, Rick. You only have one set of parents. To lose one is a major upset.

boxcar
March 10th, 2011, 11:59
.... Quite the full life your father enjoyed, Rick. You are in my thoughts, my friend. Peace to your heart this day.

papab
March 10th, 2011, 12:02
Thank you everyone for your heart felt replies.. It is comforting..
I wish everyone could have met my Father

Rick Brown

beana51
March 10th, 2011, 12:08
Thoughts and prayers for you and Family....Vin!!

minuteman10
March 10th, 2011, 12:59
How wonderful that you have chosen to celebrate his life....May it bring peace and comfort to your soul....

rayrey10
March 10th, 2011, 13:38
My thoughts and prayers are with and your family.

That was a nice tribute you paid your father.

When my Grandfather died, my Father told me "you can laugh or you can cry. Remember the laughs you shared with him and forget the rest. It was meaningless anyways."

Tracon
March 10th, 2011, 13:52
Powerful story and a very honest life your Father has lived. I'm glad he was able to teach us all something in his years. I will not get my hopes down though, I want your dad to get better. Hug him again.

Crusader
March 10th, 2011, 14:08
Thank you everyone for your heart felt replies.. It is comforting..
I wish everyone could have met my Father

Rick Brown

What a wonderful tribute to your Dad . Lost my Dad in Jan 2007 and he would been your Dad's age had he lived . There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him . I certainly would have loved to meet and talked to your Dad as you have stated . You can easily understand why they were called " The Greatest Generation".

Rich

Gdavis101
March 10th, 2011, 14:23
God bless.. My heart goes out to you and your family..

papab
March 10th, 2011, 14:54
Again, Thank all of you for your kind words........

My Father would have smiled,nodded his head in thanks, and looked back at the sunsets he loved so much...

Rick Brown

norab
March 10th, 2011, 15:02
may God's blessings bring you and your family peace. It sounds like your Dad was a great guy. I lost my Dad about three weeks ago so I share your grief , but I rejoice knowing that he is happy and beyond earthly suffering now.

Daveroo
March 10th, 2011, 15:14
Rick,,,hugs to you and your family...this is a very nice tribute to your father..thank you for letting us know him in the last days...he sounds like he was a wonderfull man,husband and father...nice to see someone be able to honor the loved one rather than mourn the loss

papab
March 10th, 2011, 17:45
may God's blessings bring you and your family peace. It sounds like your Dad was a great guy. I lost my Dad about three weeks ago so I share your grief , but I rejoice knowing that he is happy and beyond earthly suffering now.

Norab, My thoughts and prayers to you as well my friend and to all that that have lost loved ones..

Life is way to short so rejoyce each day and only say kind words to the ones you love, they may be the last....

Rick

N2056
March 10th, 2011, 19:35
In all of my life experiences there has been none so devastating as losing a parent. Mom passed suddenly a few years ago, and I never thought something could hurt so bad. Your Dad was a great man. It is obvious when reading your post.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
Robert

papab
March 12th, 2011, 19:23
Just wanted to give an update:

My brother called and said they have taken the ventilator out, turned off Dad's pace maker and have him on a morphine drip to keep him comfortable. CAT scan reveals the bleed is larger with no chance of recovery....... so now we wait

Good bye my father, I love you and will miss you oh so much, God be with you as you find your eternal peace...

Your loving Son,
Rick Brown

Navy Chief
March 13th, 2011, 05:19
It is a blessing that medical science has the ability to remove pain, so at least you can be grateful for that. I too, know the pain of losing a parent.

I think of my dad every single day. He passed in 1993. But I believe he watches over me. In fact, I am convinced he is my guardian angel, having kept me from danger on more than one occasion over the years.

Remember all the good times with your dad. I am thinking of you, my friend.

NC

papab
March 14th, 2011, 07:52
I want to thank each one of you for your support during this stressful time......

Dad passed away at 10:30 AM this morning ,3/14/2011....
He now will be able to find his eternal rest........I love you Dad!!

Your loving son,
Rick Brown

boxcar
March 14th, 2011, 08:03
..... Bless you, Rick.