PDA

View Full Version : VERY IMPORTANT - Need to contact Javier Fernandez NIMITZ - Fernando Martinez F4

Vietnam War Project
March 9th, 2011, 21:53
VERY IMPORTANT - Need to contact Javier Fernandez NIMITZ - Fernando Martinez F4

As some of you ask us, we have tried to add AI carrier ( in fact, we tried since months and months )
This is the 3rd version of our test. In this version we use the great NIMITZ from Javier Fernandez to represent USS Enterprise or USS Constellation at Yankee Station

We want to build a static scenery, to add navaids and statics airplanes.

But in this version, it seems that launch assistance don't work (test start now)
We use the empty version, but there are still CH-60 on the deck.

So we need the agreement from Javier, and some help. And we haven't get any response, don't know if he have received our mail.

We use also AI F4 from Fernando Martinez as statics airplanes, haven't get any response, don't know if he have received our mail.

If any of you know their e-mail adress, or know how to contact them.

This will be a great help, many thanks to you

Xavier
FSX Vietnam War project

Dave Torkington
March 9th, 2011, 23:18
VERY IMPORTANT - Need to contact Javier Fernandez NIMITZ - Fernando Martinez F4

But in this version, it seems that launch assistance don't work (test start now)
We use the empty version, but there are still CH-60 on the deck.

So we need the agreement from Javier, and some help.
FSX Vietnam War project

Hi Xavier,

It's possible using AI Boats Traffic Compiler and a 'kml' file made from Google Earth. My flying buddy has made many carrier routes using AIBTC this way. If you want the Carrier to be 'static', the route made has the carrier making just one rotation on its axis during the night. This way, it appears to be static but with all the carrier animations, launch bar etc. working 100%. Of course you can add navaids, statics no problem in this setup.

Take a look at AIBTC program and manual - it's very helpful.

Regards,

Dave

expat
March 10th, 2011, 04:51
As some of you ask us, we have tried to add AI carrier ( in fact, we tried since months and months )
This is the 3rd version of our test. In this version we use the great NIMITZ from Javier Fernandez to represent USS Enterprise or USS Constellation at Yankee Station

Wonderful news! Screenies look great! Love your Viet Nam Project scenery.

Having played around with carrier AI a bit in both FS9 and FSX, I think you must have a static boat - a library scenery "object,"rather than moving one which is effect an aircraft "model," in order for the AI to fly to a flight plan and land and takeoff from what is, in effect, an airport/AFCAD bgl at sea.

Re FSX launch assist, I am less certain but suspect this might work only on a moving CV model and not on a static carrier. I could be wrong, and have been before . . I use the RBCBO gauges for FSX that work on any moving or static carrier and which you no longer need to assgn any carrier deck location coordinates (global setting), just a few panel entries in your carrier plane's panel.cfg that are quick and easy to do.

Bring it on!

Felixthreeone
March 10th, 2011, 05:20
Fernando Martinez left the FS scene a few years ago; He left us some outstanding models, but I am not sure you will have any luck getting in contact with him. You may want to try the forum over at MAIW just to double-check that what I am saying is correct, and possibly help you with your package

Vietnam War Project
March 12th, 2011, 22:20
Many thanks,

Sorry for this late reply.

I will take a look at AIBTC, and also at RBCBO gauges.

So, we have several solutions, we would prefer a static scenery, with full functionnaly lauch and recovery systems, and without the SH-60 on deck.
Thanks for your help and tips.

About F4, we will add those airplanes at sceneries with a warning, Fernando's F4 are so well done, we can't build a Yankee Station scenery without them.

Best

Xavier

expat
March 21st, 2011, 08:38
Just wondering how this - very important project, at least IMHO! - is progressing.

Also, which A-6 Intruder and A-7 models are in the screenshots?

I see my beloved RA-5C in the first pic but assume that is the player's aircraft, not AI. Reason I say this is the wings are folded and also every attempt I have made to use the AS Vigi as AI in FSX the model turns invisible with just the lights showing.

I don't really understand why so many other and older models work fine in FSX and not this one - e.g. I have OK results with Rick Sasala's F2002 era E-2 Hawkeye - but have read that mixing FS9 airport scenery (AS Big E) with FSX/SP2 can do this. Would like to hear if you have had any different results.

Regards and keep up the great work!

expat

Vietnam War Project
April 1st, 2011, 11:27
Hello,

I'm sorry for this late reply ( I'm now working, also, for Return to Misty Moorings, I need some peaceful areas as R&R)
@ Expat, A-6 and A-7 are Razbam airplanes.

A test version is fully functionnal, using ArrestorCables, thanks to José who joined the Team.
Another version using AIBTC is in progress.

The final version will have no AI airplanes, but SH-3, RA-5, and F-4 statics airplanes.
A target scenery will be provided in the pack.

No idea for a release date, maybe in 2 weeks.

Best

Xavier

expat
November 1st, 2011, 06:48
Was wondering if there is any news on this project?