PDA

View Full Version : Gun Camera

Ickie
March 9th, 2011, 12:08
Today I am watching on the military channel "Gun Camera" wow what a cool program. There are 3 parts 1 hour each.
The WW-2 one was narrated by a WW-2 pilot and some footage was actually his gun camera and he told what you are looking at and what to not do, lol

Daveroo
March 9th, 2011, 12:58
ive seen them all several times but im watching again...good stuff

Wittpilot
March 9th, 2011, 14:45
Somewhere we have color, COLOR!! gun camera footage from late in the war in Europe. It was given to us from someone that held onto them since the war ended. They are super super neat... It mainly consists of straffing German airfields.... Another roll of footage, not in color, shows some aerial footage. One shot is a P-47 shooting down an Me-262...Best part?? You see the German pilot open the canopy and jump out, as he flies within feet of the camera!!!!!

-witt...

TARPSBird
March 9th, 2011, 17:13
On the Gun Camera episode I saw tonight they showed frame-by-frame the clip of the B-24 that apparently got hit from a bomb dropped by one of the higher aircraft. Just before the left wing folds up in flames you see a stick of bombs falling in the background, very close to the B-24. That clip is in just about every WWII air war documentary ever made, but I never picked up on the falling bombs before. The Luftwaffe gun camera footage was pretty graphic, lotta chunks of plane chewed off those bombers.