PDA

View Full Version : The corrected Lt. Commander Fuchida's B5N2 Kate demirrored skin is uploaded

kelticheart
March 7th, 2011, 13:52
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

As promised, I just uploaded the corrected Smashing Time's Pearl demirrored repaint of B5N2 Kate "AI-301", carrier Akagi.

I hope I did not cause too much hassle for all who had download already the Fuchida repaint last week. This repaint replaces entirely my previous one with corrected texture files and new damage textures reflecting the skin correction. I re-uploaded all files included in the old pack.

Let me take the opportunity to correct another historical imprecision: Lt. Commander Mitsuo Fuchida did not fly Kate "AI-301". The pilot was Lt. Mitsuo Matsuzaki, while the gunner/radioman was P.O. 1c Tokunobu Mizuki (source: Wings Palette website)

Fuchida was on board as observer and air strike coordinator/commander-in-chief.

Please, forgive any pain in the ....... I might have caused with my goof-up. Many thanks to Rami for his assistance.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Jagdflieger
March 7th, 2011, 17:05
Thanks Kelti. I would never have guessed that there was an error on the original. Now we know!

kelticheart
March 10th, 2011, 11:59
Thanks Jagd and hi everybody! :wavey:

With bits and pieces coming from the repaints I uploaded in the past few months, I decided to do another Pearl Kate skin. Since I did mostly level bombers, this time it's an aircraft of the torpedo force deployed at Pearl Harbour, whose profile I found over at Wings Palette.

B5N2 "AI-311", carrier Akagi, 1st wave Torpedo Force. Piloted by Lt. Cdr. Shigeharu Murata, this aircraft was credited with a torpedo hit on the USS West Virginia. Lt. Cdr. Murata was, later on, the Torpedo Force leader at Midway.

I'll upload it as soon as the damage textures will be ready.

Cheers!

Rami
March 10th, 2011, 12:13
Keiti,

Truly spectacular, what else can I say? If it were any more real, I'd be feeling the prop wash! :salute:

kelticheart
March 10th, 2011, 13:42
Keiti,

Truly spectacular, what else can I say? If it were any more real, I'd be feeling the prop wash! :salute:

Thank you, Rami for your kind words!

Can anyone, with more PTO expertise than yours truly, identify what tail assembly colour might be the one shown in this Wings Palette profile I just d/l'd?

"AII-324", carrier Kaga, scored a torpedo hit on the USS Oklahoma, it looks an interesting skin for our Pearl scenario, but I'll be damned if I can understand the colour of her tail!

Cheers!

miamieagle
March 14th, 2011, 15:20
Your hard work is appreciated.

Thank you!:wavey: