PDA

View Full Version : OBJECTS_DP cleaning

Morton
March 6th, 2011, 04:20
Does anyone know of any good procedure/utility to clean the OBJECTS_DP for unused DPs? Or do I have to make it myself?
I have reached 1990 DP's and this of course gives the usual QC problems etc.

Morton

Shadow Wolf 07
March 6th, 2011, 07:07
Morton: Have you deleted the CDPs? (Search folder = cdp, select all. delete.) :jump:

Morton
March 6th, 2011, 07:34
You got me there Wolf. :icon_lol: With CDPs deleted I'm down to 1500 DPs. Maybe I can delete (or move to another folder) all DPs not having its counterpart CDP?

Mort

Shadow Wolf 07
March 6th, 2011, 08:01
You got me there Wolf. :icon_lol: With CDPs deleted I'm down to 1500 DPs. Maybe I can delete (or move to another folder) all DPs not having its counterpart CDP?

Mort

NO! The cdps are generated by each object that is used in a mission - buildings, trees etc. The ones (dps) that don't have corresponing cdps may yet be used and you'll need them.

Pen32Win
March 6th, 2011, 20:34
I just went through this same thing and found most of the excessive DP's came from having so many redundant weapons installed.

Morton
March 7th, 2011, 14:21
Ok. How about writing some sw that will scan through all Aircraft-DPs and look for unused DP files in the OBJECTS_DP. Will that work?

Mort

Pen32Win
March 7th, 2011, 21:27
That sure would help sort out the chaff. The only thing that won't cover is having 5 different US 500 GP Bombs. Like a Stock version, DB, Version, FDG Version, AlphaSim Version, etc. If you have all of your A/C using the same version, like I do with DB's BGL's, the program would work great.

Now if you could sort out which planes had something different so you could update the DP that would also be a great help. Especially with A/C you've had sitting in a Hangar for a long time.

It sounds like a great idea with a lot of options.

Morton
March 7th, 2011, 23:27
Right. I'll look into it. Will take the "easy" part first and keep your other ideas in my mind as I go along.

Mort

Discus
March 8th, 2011, 02:37
Right. I'll look into it. Will take the "easy" part first and keep your other ideas in my mind as I go along.

Mort

If this is going to be an upcoming tool, well, that would be extraordinarily useful!!

Cheers, Discus