PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, DO NOT DOWNLOAD MY STOCK KATE FUCHIDA REPAINT!

kelticheart
March 4th, 2011, 06:13
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded the last demirrored repaint from Smashing Time's Pearl Harbour collection: B5N2 Kate "AI-301", 1st wave Level Bomber Force, flown by Lt. Cdr. Mitsuo Fuchida off the carrier Akagi. The carrier Akagi was the Kido Butai leader during the Pearl attack, Vice Admiral Chuichi Nagumo, in charge of the Attack Force, was embarked on the Akagi.

Fuchida was not only the 1st wave Air Strike Leader, but also the commander-in-chief/coordinator of all IJNAF formations deployed at Pearl. He was also responsible for training all the Imperial Navy Japanese pilots involved in the attack. He was the pilot who radioed back the historical code message "Tora, tora, tora!" to let Vice Admiral Nagumo know total surprise had been achieved at Pearl.

The 2nd wave Air Strike Leader, which struck Pearl at 8:40 a.m., was Lt. Cdr. Shimazaki whose S.Time's Kate demirrored repaint I uploaded back in December.

In this repaint, which I prefer calling touchup since S.Time did the actual repaint, I followed the same guidelines as the other Pearl series skins for CFS2 stockers I uploaded. I grafted demirrored Fuchida's individual codes from S.Time's repaint on the Kate clean stock demirrored skin.

I took extra steps to differentiate the weathering on each side of the aircraft and, where necessary, I rebuilt rivets and paneling that got lost in the original repaint. I tried cleaning red/green extended-bmp bleeding effects in the stock skin, too. Particular detailing care was dedicated to the flaming red tailplane and vertical fin/rudder, where I corrected the original AI-801 code, done probably out of necessity due to the stock mirrored texture limitations, to the historical AI-301. I resized the code itself to fit the vertical fin better, using Talos2005's same Fuchida repaint of Thicko's B5N2 model as historical reference, adding also the white "birdtail-like" lines on the elevators top surface that were missing from the original repaint.

This is the last green-camo stock Kate repaint I know of, if there are any other somewhere, in need of a cleanup/touchup as well, I'll be very glad to take them down to the local carwash for you, just let me know where they are.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Rami
March 4th, 2011, 06:29
Kelti,

Your work as always is outstanding, and thank you again for your effort on this series of paints. Well done! :salute:

kelticheart
March 4th, 2011, 06:45
Kelti,

Your work as always is outstanding, and thank you again for your effort on this series of paints. Well done! :salute:

Thank you Rami! Eh, eh, eh....did you check the tyres in this repaint?......

Cheers!

Jagdflieger
March 4th, 2011, 07:38
Thanks Kelticheart!

As always, superlative work and attention to detail.

I read sometime ago that those lines on the tail surfaces were to help the observer-navigator determine wind direction by comparing the direction of the wind blown waves to the various angles on the tail.

kelticheart
March 4th, 2011, 07:56
Thanks Kelticheart!

As always, superlative work and attention to detail.

I read sometime ago that those lines on the tail surfaces were to help the observer-navigator determine wind direction by comparing the direction of the wind blown waves to the various angles on the tail.

Thank you, too, Jagd!

As always, it's a pleasure reading excerpts from your vaste knowledge about military aviation history.

I didn't know the purpose of those horizontal tail top lines, since not all IJNAF planes wore them, I though it was part of leader aircrafts means of reckognition, just like Luftwaffe chevrons and bars and such.

Or just like Lt. Cdr. Egusa's Val Gold fish-like red fuselage skin, of which you offered an historical great explanation I, again, did not know anything about.

I sure learned a lot from you!

P.S.: Let me ask you, are there any other historical green camo early-war repaints done for the stock Kate, or the Val and Zero, around? I only know of Smashing Time's and Revev's.

Cheers!

kelticheart
March 5th, 2011, 00:00
I AM SORRY TO REPORT THERE IS AN ERROR IN THE REPAINT I UPLOADED TWO DAYS AGO. I OVERLOOKED AND CARRIED FORWARD AN INCORRECTLY EXTENDED RED TAIL AREA UP TO THE SINGLE RED AKAGI ID FUSELAGE BAND, WHILE IN FUCHIDA'S KATE HISTORICAL LIVERY THE FUSELAGE REMAINS GREEN ALMOST TO THE TAIL END.

I JUST ASKED RAMI TO PULL TEMPORARILY THE UPLOAD FROM THE LIBRARY.

I WILL UPLOAD A CORRECTED VERSION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I APOLOGISE FOR YOUR INCONVENIENCE.

KH

kelticheart
March 5th, 2011, 01:27
The attached below is what I mean. Sources are: Kate profiles over at Wings Palette (I should have looked it up before), Talos2005's Fuchida repaint of Thicko's Kate (I should have looked more carefully)

I have rough, beta version textures already of both sides of the aircraft.
They need some finishing touches but I am going out of town for the weekend.

You'll get the correct textures by Monday.

Sorry again for any inconvenience.

KH

Rami
March 5th, 2011, 04:20
Kelti,

I deleted it this morning, per your request.

Discus
March 5th, 2011, 04:22
The attached below is what I mean. Sources are: Kate profiles over at Wings Palette (I should have looked it up before), Talos2005's Fuchida repaint of Thicko's Kate (I should have looked more carefully)

I have rough, beta version textures already of both sides of the aircraft.
They need some finishing touches but I am going out of town for the weekend.

You'll get the correct textures by Monday.

Sorry again for any inconvenience.

KH

I´m not flying PTO this days but I keep collecting all your beautifull upgrades you and others are sharing with us for my future PTO install. Although with such eye candy skins you make, I will more probably keep my feet on the ground in an eternal walk-around than risking even a scratch in the air!

Thanks, Discus

Jagdflieger
March 5th, 2011, 18:59
Standing by Kelti. Of course Commander Fuchida and his flight crew are a bit anxious to get into the air and can't wait for the paint to dry!

I've always thought that this was a most striking color scheme. The red and green compliment each other and the yellow on red is very scintillating.

TARPSBird
March 6th, 2011, 01:23
Take yer time Kelti. Fuchida picked out a couple good samurai movies to watch in the Ready Room, we'll be entertained for a while. :d