PDA

View Full Version : Me 262 Campaign

Discus
March 3rd, 2011, 06:49
Rami

Last night I flew some of your Me-262 revamped campaign missions. WOW!!!!!:jump:Iīve enjoyed them very much.

Nš 2 was very difficult to finish with objectives completed. If I intercepted the P51 flight the Me262 I was supposed to cover as they landed got destroyed alone (the only P51 fligt was in my sights) so I had no chance of completing the mission and got kikked out of the Staffel!! I had to fly it several times with different strategies until I found how I had to make the interception in order to let the Swallows land safely.

From Nš 3 onwards the sound of the new Me 262 was music to my ears!

In many of the missions the goals appear as "Waypoint "N" - MG". Whatīs that supposed to mean or should it be a goal hiden for the player? By "N" I mean 1 or 2 or whatever.

Other objective said "No ammunition" If the player lands with some ammunition left in his guns he fails?

In mission Nš 4 the Mossies crashed by themself, all alone. I never got a visual or "radar" capture. Fortunately my radio controler radioed the incident! I will fly it again to get a chance of an interception!

Flying near or over the Alps is great. I like dogfighting while dodging the mountains or hugging to the terrain; you can get your opponent crash into the mountains, sometimes even before I crash myself! (unforced error). But it looks as something difficult for the AI planes.

Thanks to you Rami and to all the people involved in this sim, and specifically my ETO install!!

Cheers, Discus

Rami
March 3rd, 2011, 08:38
Discus,

Allow me to translate my syntax. I use a shorthand system to make notes in MB.

To give you an idea...

MG - Mission goal
HG - Hidden goal
PG - Partial goal
AW - Alternate Waypoint

My general rule of thumb is that if you get at least one kill, that's a minimal objective. If you are in a fight and get at least one kill, but don't fire off your ammunition and land, you should not be penalized.

For your specific question, sometimes I put in kills as a condition of warping. For example, if I know there is going to be a dogfight at a waypoint or between one waypoint and the next, I will make a condition of warping dependent on meeting your objectives of racking up a kill or two. (Either air, ground, or both, depending on the situation)

The partial goal / out of ammo triggers are to provide you an "out." What I mean by this is that if you're in a dogfight and have bagged an enemy fighter before running out of ammo, but you didn't meet the mission goal, I realize that you can't do more fighting without ammo. This way, you can clear the combat area (pretty easy in a Me-262, don't ya think?) and use an alternate waypoint to clear the combat area and return immediately to your airfield, or be able to land and end the mission.

Discus
March 3rd, 2011, 10:52
Rami

Thanks for your quick answer.

Now I see your logic. From now on understanding the objectives window will be much easier without MB surgery.

By the way, I have a problem with MB. It canīt load. Will have to look in mdnames and other data archives.

I would prefer not to have to shoot down a fighter as an objective. Generaly speaking almost every pilot in WWII ended each flight without a kill in the bag. But that didnīt mean they failed.

Cheers, Discus