PDA

View Full Version : Installed FSX Tonight

TARPSBird
March 2nd, 2011, 23:26
Well, I ordered FSX Gold Edition over the weekend and it arrived today. :) Haven't installed the Acceleration pack yet, just couldn't resist the urge to fly around a bit. I like it! Tweaked some of the settings up from the defaults, FPS is nowhere near what I've been getting in FS9 but I do have the autogen vegetation pretty dense. I'm still not about to depart my FS9 world but so far I am impressed with FSX. Somebody tell me which airport I can go to that has elephants walking. Hey_Moe showed me that when I was over at his house and I thought that was really neat. :d

Stratobat
March 2nd, 2011, 23:44
Hey TARPSbird,

Somebody tell me which airport I can go to that has elephants walking. Hey_Moe showed me that when I was over at his house and I thought that was really neat. :d

Have a look at one of the missions... I think it's the Kwa-Zulu Natal Gamepark mission.

There should be elephants in that one.

Regards,
Stratobat

TARPSBird
March 2nd, 2011, 23:55
Thanks Stratobat, I'll check it out. :)

Daube
March 3rd, 2011, 00:58
Well, I ordered FSX Gold Edition over the weekend and it arrived today. :) Haven't installed the Acceleration pack yet, just couldn't resist the urge to fly around a bit. I like it! Tweaked some of the settings up from the defaults, FPS is nowhere near what I've been getting in FS9 but I do have the autogen vegetation pretty dense. I'm still not about to depart my FS9 world but so far I am impressed with FSX. Somebody tell me which airport I can go to that has elephants walking. Hey_Moe showed me that when I was over at his house and I thought that was really neat. :d

You said that you haven't installed Acceleration yet, that means that you still have the retail version of FSX Deluxe, which is not optimised at all. I would highly recommend you to install Acceleration right away to bring the FSX.exe up to the SP2 level. It will then start to use your CPU much more efficiently, and so you'll get more acceptable framerates.

Then you'll have to go on Jesus Altuve website (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html) to get a basic optimized FSX.cfg file according to your hardware. That should provide you an additionnal FPS boost :)

PS: oh, and welcome to the dark side :D
Seeing your avatar, I suppose I do not need to advise you to download Dino Cattaneo's FSX Tomcat :P

TARPSBird
March 3rd, 2011, 01:20
Seeing your avatar, I suppose I do not need to advise you to download Dino Cattaneo's FSX Tomcat :P
Daube, thanks for the additional suggestions. Yes, I need to get Dino's Tomcat, it's on my list. Well, it will be. Even with the computer I still write this stuff down on a yellow note pad. :d

expat
March 3rd, 2011, 01:24
Well done. You must do what Daube suggests - you will be glad you did.

Stratobat
March 3rd, 2011, 01:26
Hey TARPSBird,

I stand corrected but I think the mission I mentioned earlier may be included with Acceleration.

Don't forget Piglet's Skyraiders :wavey:

Regards,
Stratobat

Daube
March 3rd, 2011, 01:39
Daube, thanks for the additional suggestions. Yes, I need to get Dino's Tomcat, it's on my list. Well, it will be. Even with the computer I still write this stuff down on a yellow note pad. :d

Take your time, and install Acceleration first, because Acceleration will bring the support for aircraft carrier operations (arrestor cables, catapults, moving carriers etc...), and Dino's F-14 (and T-45) are made to work in Acceleration anyway.
You'll also have to download the Nimitz package from Javier, as well as the little tool nammed "AI Carriers 2". All freeware of course.

But first, Acceleration. As an administrator.

Daube
March 3rd, 2011, 01:52
Don't forget Piglet's Skyraiders :wavey:

With the "412" photorealistic repaint :redfire:

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1230.jpg

Stratobat
March 3rd, 2011, 04:37
With the "412" photorealistic repaint :redfire:

I think almost everything in that screenshot is photo-realistic, Daube - Looks awesome! :applause:

Regards,
Stratobat

Daube
March 3rd, 2011, 05:04
All kudos to the guys who made those addons:
- Piglet for the Skyraider
- Javier for the Nimitz
- the team who made AI Carrier
- Gizmo for the 2x water waves
- FSWC team for, well, FS Water Configurator
- Boris for the ENB bloom
- and I can't remember which artist did that photoreal repaint...