PDA

View Full Version : PAD ALERT!! Jetstream 31 Twin Turboprop

falcon409
March 2nd, 2011, 10:13
The latest from Premier Aircraft Design, here:
http://www.premaircraft.com/

Yes I know it isn't native FSX, with all the bells and whistles. . . .it's there to enjoy though.:salute:

bstolle
March 2nd, 2011, 10:16
Looks nice.
FYI, Rick Piper is working on a super high quality freeware Jetstream as well but with the original french engines

Tako_Kichi
March 2nd, 2011, 10:50
Rick Piper is working on a super high quality freeware Jetstream as well but with the original french engines
I've had Rick's beta for almost a year now and it is truly superb. From the screenshots this PAD one looks fine on the outside and appears to have a usable VC.

falcon409
March 2nd, 2011, 11:25
. . . . . . . .and appears to have a usable VC.
lol, couldn't resist Larry. . . .what is a "usable" VC as opposed to other VC's?:salute:

Daube
March 2nd, 2011, 11:46
A usable VC is a VC that is clickable enough to really use the plane from startup to shutdown.
On the contrary, a non-usable VC is something like Kirk's Mirage F-1, which looks good but is totally useless, since you cannot manipulate anything inside.
Other non-usable VCs are those that are ugly enough to make your eyes bleed, but that's another story :D

falcon409
March 2nd, 2011, 11:49
ahhh, got it. . .thanks!:salute:

Tako_Kichi
March 2nd, 2011, 11:50
lol, couldn't resist Larry. . . .what is a "usable" VC as opposed to other VC's?:salute:
One that you can actually use (i.e. fly from and make use of and has some resemblance to reality) as opposed to one that looks like it is built from Lego blocks with paper cut-outs for gauges. :icon_lol:

Daube
March 2nd, 2011, 11:59
I have to admit that I had to learn to be carefull with PAD planes.
So far, only two of them could stay on my FSX, the little Socata...err... Tobago I think (EDIT: it's the TB200GTXL, I love it :) ), and the Twin Otter with floats. The other planes, I didn't like their virtual cockpit. Biggest dissapointment was certainely the Dornier Do228. I loved the external model, but the virtual cockpit was unusable for me...

Some of the PAD planes would look much better with some alternative internal textures, I'm surprised talented repainters have never done anything in this area. Sometimes I wish I had painting skills :/

I'm downloading this new plane at the moment. Will test soon. :salute:

expat
March 3rd, 2011, 01:33
I've had Rick's beta for almost a year now and it is truly superb.

Saw that one a year ago and thought it was pretty finished looking. Guess at this point it will never be released?

Tako_Kichi
March 3rd, 2011, 07:52
Saw that one a year ago and thought it was pretty finished looking. Guess at this point it will never be released?
Rick had a job change which meant more hours (so less time for modelling) and IIRC he ran into gauge issues on some of the 3D gauges and was looking for a gauge programmer to help him finish it off. Needless to say the project is on hold for now but I expect he will get back to it one day.