PDA

View Full Version : Missing mission objects

highpockets
March 1st, 2011, 18:28
where should I look for problems in loading missions when there are missing objects such as A/C, ships or vehicles? mdlnames , missions themselves, etc.? For example, in my MTO install, a DAF Italian mission has SHI_CA_Zara-class_RN_Zara that doesn't load but it appears in the mission,mdlnames& is in the list of ships in the main folder. Having the same problem with a couple of A/C in the same way.

Jagdflieger
March 1st, 2011, 19:15
Highpockets,

The mission file (CFS 2 > Missions) lists all objects that the mission requires in the [Unit Type.X] paragraphs in the bottom third of the file.

Here is a list of unit family codes:

1 - Fighter (default)
2 - Bomber
3 - Ground vehicle
4 - Static object
5 - Ship or boat
7 - carrier

Example from a mission file:

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3856
unit_family=1 < Aeroplane in flight
name=P38F_LIGHTNING

[unit_type.1]
type_id=4067
unit_family=3 < moving ground vehicle
name=amamb

[unit_type.2]
type_id=4205
unit_family=4 < Library object
name=forest_02

[unit_type.3]
type_id=4277
unit_family=4 < Library object
name=GER_OPEL_Blitz_Africa_P

[unit_type.10]
type_id=6063
unit_family=5 < Ship under way
name=RM_zara

You can open up the mission file of the mission that is giving you trouble and track down what you need from it.

Jaxon did an update of the Zara and you should be able to find it by searching for:

JX_SHI_CA_Zara-class_RN_ZARA.zip

or for the original:

RM Zara.zip

If you get Jaxon's Zara, be sure to change the name in the mission file to match Jaxon's name.

highpockets
March 2nd, 2011, 13:59
Still having problems with the mission not loading with Sm-79 A/C and /or Zara ship!:mixedsmi:
I have checked the name in the mission file and it matches the a/c name in the main folder, however, the model name is DAF Sm-79. I even tried changing that in the missions folder--still not loading??
Will go back and try again on the ship something obviously not the way it should. Should they be in the mdlnames list? Here it is in the mission file-
[unit_type.21]
type_id=6056
unit_family=5
name=SHI_CA_Zara-class_RN_ZARA

The A/C not loading from the other mission file-
[unit_type.6]
type_id=3980
unit_family=2
name=Sm-79
????

Pen32Win
March 2nd, 2011, 21:29
HP;

This may be a stupid question but; does the Zara Ship Main folder have all of the manditory files/folders in it? You know Model, Panel, Sound, Texture, ship.cfg, DP, files/folders in it?

Jagdflieger
March 2nd, 2011, 21:45
Highpockets,

You do not need to have planes or ships in the Mdlnames.dat file for them to appear in missions or for use in the Mission Builder.

For aeroplanes, the only name that needs to match the mission data is the folder name. For ships, all the following need to match the folder name or it will not appear.

Folder name: RM_Zara
DP title: RM_Zara
Model (.mdl file) title: RM_Zara.mdl
Ship.cfg file:

[fltsim.0]
title=RM Zara
sim=RM_ZARA <Must match DP file and .mdl file
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=RN_ZARA << Texture file must match, e.g. "Texture.RM_Zara"

If the texture folder is only "Texture" then nothing should follow the "Texture=" entry. It's the same for the other .cfg entries other than the sim= and the title= entries. The title entry is what you see in your drop down menues and does not need to match the folder name. The sim= datum must match the folder name, the DP file and the .mdl file.

I took a look at Jaxon's Zara and you might try renaming the .mdl file in the Model folder to:

SHI_CA_Zara-class_RN_ZARA

Best guess right now on the SM-79 is to check your sound folder and then the sound.cfg file and see if the alias directs it to a plane in your airplane folder. Seems like 90 percent of the aliases go to the stock A6M2_Zero. If you've removed that plane from your airplane folder, you will need to realias to something else with a radial engine or install a sound package into the folder.

highpockets
March 4th, 2011, 07:23
Thanks Jagdflieger & Pen32Win for your input. I checked the possible empty folder issue. It was there in the ship but the SM-79 had its own sound and panel. I finally deleted and reinstalled and that fixed the SM-79.(daf_sm79). The ship issue turned out to be as Jagdflieger had suggested in the mdl name in the mission. I renstalled it as well and had to change the name in the missions to match the model file (SHI_CA_ZARA-CLASS_RN_ZARA). I had a similar problem after intalling VN_RM Scipione Afracano. Panel & sound folders were empty. Fixed that now an all finally working at this point. Wheww!