PDA

View Full Version : advise needed=reinstalling FSX

Daveroo
March 1st, 2011, 17:24
Hi,im going to reinstall FSX i have FSX deluxe edition AND the acceleration addon to go with it..ive had ALOT of problems lately like my right rudder peddle making the engine go to max power,i talked to the guys at CH products and they told me..i talked to two differant techs and the general manager because they had not heard of this problem before ( or so they said) and best they came up with was it was an addon software problem....i have to admit..ive added so many things and removed several things ,since i last flew..it is possible...but i also have a wireless keyboard and mouse...and someone along the way asked me if i had my controler ( the peddles) plugged into a hub or the back of the pc,,i wonder if the wireless KB and mouse could be messing up the commands????

but my real question is..to reinstall...do i just put it in and go at it? or do i need to do anything specail first?

N2056
March 1st, 2011, 17:30
Once you have mapped your controls into FSX if you change where they are plugged into all the mapping will get hosed. I'd look at all of your control settings first. :salute:

Alan_A
March 1st, 2011, 20:28
Agreed - check the control axes in FSX first and make sure the throttle axis is zeroed out on your pedals. My control settings sometimes get screwed up when I make other changes, for example in FSX.cfg, and from time to time I need to go into control settings and re-set everything.

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2011, 08:46
ive done all the control settings things..its got nothing to do with that...its some interferance somewhere....like i said i talked to three guys from CH products for 2 and a half hours..trust me we did ALL the control settings in fsx ch products program manager calibration ect....

my main question is...if i reinstall fsx will i have to reinstall all of my scenery? or can i go into my scenery section and move them UP?......

big-mike
March 2nd, 2011, 09:21
I wouldn`t reinstall FSX only because the pedals are not working correctly.
Have you allready deleted--VID_068E&PID_C0F2--in your registry?
This is the entry for the CH Pedals.
To find in ---HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SYSTEM-ControlSet001-MediaProperties-
PrivateProperties-Jystick-OEM.
First unplug the Pedals,delete this entry,reboot and plug in the pedals.
Then try again.
Michael

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2011, 10:02
I wouldn`t reinstall FSX only because the pedals are not working correctly.
Have you allready deleted--VID_068E&PID_C0F2--in your registry?
This is the entry for the CH Pedals.
To find in ---HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SYSTEM-ControlSet001-MediaProperties-
PrivateProperties-Jystick-OEM.
First unplug the Pedals,delete this entry,reboot and plug in the pedals.
Then try again.
Michael

thank you Michael...ill try this...this is the sort of thing(advice) im lookig for..anymore will be plenty wanted/accepted

Dave

N2056
March 2nd, 2011, 19:42
Just so that I know for sure...did you look at the actual controller assignments in FSX? My current set-up consists of 2 Saitek throttle quads, CH rudder pedals, and a Saitek X-45 stick/CH yoke that always use the same USB port (one or the other). All of this is set up directly in FSX. I do not use the proprietary software for any of my controllers.

Daveroo
March 6th, 2011, 15:42
i used Michaels advice and went into the registry and removed the listings for the ch products..all of them..throttles..peddles...and both kinds of yokes...had some troubles at first..then it dawned on me there were prolly more then just the one refrence...there were like 5 places..i went through the whole registry..took me awhile to do..but i got rid of everything for CH Products..and also had removed the ch products program manager...i reinstalled the peddles without the program manager and used the windows calibration panel and FSX to check the null zones ect and VOILA,,

ive got full control again....

THANK YOU...THANK YOU THANK YOU

N2056
March 6th, 2011, 15:49
Nice job! See, despite what so many end up doing re-installation was not required! :ernae:

big-mike
March 7th, 2011, 10:31
Good to hear,that everything`s fine now.
Michael