PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with AVSIM?

Navy Chief
December 2nd, 2008, 16:45
I know their forums were down for renovation, but I am not able to acess their library listings.

Anyone else having this difficulty? Can't get to Simviation either.

NC

pointy31
December 2nd, 2008, 16:49
Same here, but Avsim appears to be OK now...

TomSteber
December 2nd, 2008, 16:53
Can't get in. :banghead:
Been trying to get the new Pitt's S1T

Craig Taylor
December 2nd, 2008, 17:03
Experiencing no problems here. Have you checked your firewall settings? I had some trouble a while back but eventually sorted it out.

Navy Chief
December 2nd, 2008, 17:16
Firewall ok. Still no go. It's my wife's laptop, which just came back from repair at HP. Nothing else messed up. Can get to Flightsim.com easy enough though.

NC

TomSteber
December 2nd, 2008, 17:28
Same here. All other websites work fine for me.

Craig Taylor
December 2nd, 2008, 18:05
Firewall ok. Still no go. It's my wife's laptop, which just came back from repair at HP. Nothing else messed up. Can get to Flightsim.com easy enough though.

NC

Maybe "cookies" and other such files were wiped, along with certain settings in the firewall to accept them from Avsim. I had the same problem after installing a major upgrade for ZoneAlarm, which reset me back to default lockdown. I had to 're-teach" it to allow certain sites to allow "stuff." It took forever to figure out how to get simple things like animated smilies (which I can see here finally but not at the Quartermoon :isadizzy:) and embedded youtubes.