PDA

View Full Version : bit of this and a bit of that

jeansy
February 26th, 2011, 18:36
if your Australian you know bushfires and if you know bushfires you know "Elvis"

Another addition in my heros of bushfire helo paints

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2286/image2wwa.png

I was a little surprised Elvis wasnt in the package after all the publicity it got here in Au

but anyway here he is,

in addition some extra work in the paint that isnt in the stock variant

and

I know we never had them

but while im playing with the paint kit, i wonder if back in the 60s and 70s when the operated the Helos what the RAAF retro paint would look like

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3199/image1ol.png

available at OZ x

noddy
February 27th, 2011, 05:25
Outstanding paints schemes. :salute:

Daveroo
February 27th, 2011, 08:34
erickson started in Marysville california..just up the road from me....they are now in Oregon...but when i was younger i went to the Mt Lassen area to get a smei truck and trailer load of precut fire wood...i was in high school and they had a full crew who were paid well for what they did ( loading the trucks) so i was told to get lost for a couple of hours,i decided to walk down this meadow...was a stream and a bunch of mountain ferns..pretty place...but then i came to this place where the ground was all torn up and a swath was dug about 2 feet deep and about 10 yards or more wide....i walked down into it and stood there looking around when i saw a yellow sign off to the side...and about 30 feet north..so i walked up and looked at it...just before i could read the words..i heard ...and felt..a sound ive never heard or felt....then i saw..."BEWARE,LOW FLYING HELICOPTERS,WITH DRAG LOADS"
the sound got louded and a panic over came me and all i could do was launch myself into the ferns...good thing i did ....i hit the ground and rooled over to see a ericson helicopter S64 skycrane with a log drag under it being pulled up the dirt path......i came close to wizzin my pants....i guess theyve stopped doing it..but they accually pulled the heavy loads of logs along the ground...looked dangerous as hell to me......there was also a dirt road that was about 50 feet wide that had a huge sign at the pavement crossing..said no street cars allowed and there were dump trucks traveling about 70 mph fully loaded on this road....i still dont know what the project was..but there was an armed gaurd at the crossing...that was trip ill never forget