PDA

View Full Version : Problem With A/C Count....

Pen32Win
February 26th, 2011, 18:11
I've run into a little problem, too many aircraft, but I only have about 46 loaded. What is CFS2 actually counting? There are a few that have multiple models/skins but not even close to 54 variations.... It's almost like a single A/C thinks it's a bunch...???

It keeps throwing a QC Mission Can't Be Generated Message when I try to go into Free Flight.

Rami
February 26th, 2011, 18:29
Pen32Win,

At 54, you should be nowhere near the limit. CFS2 counts aircraft and skins. (100 is the "hard cap")

So if you're getting that message, it's most likely either too many entries in your mdlnames.txt file, or it could be specific entries in the same file. (Some of Xavierb's mdlnames entries, most notably his piers and breakwaters, are known to do this!)

The best advice? Use the windows search feature, and delete your filelist.dat and .cdp files. Them replace your quick combat and mdlnames.txt files with a backup, and test to ensure that CFS2 is working. Then go through the mdlnames.txt file, adding line entries incrementally until you isolate the problem.

I think that's where your gremlin lies...

Pen32Win
February 26th, 2011, 18:34
Thanks Rami;

I've deleted all of the CDP's and Filelist.dat's, I remembered that much. I'll try the mdlnames next.

BTW, If I delete one A/C it works...

Rami
February 26th, 2011, 19:07
Thanks Rami;

I've deleted all of the CDP's and Filelist.dat's, I remembered that much. I'll try the mdlnames next.

BTW, If I delete one A/C it works...

Strange. Did you try AcMan from Martin Wright's website? That will give you an accurate count...

http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/download/acman.zip

Pen32Win
February 26th, 2011, 19:30
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

The total number of Object DP's was over 1,700. I deleted a bunch from un-used/un-wanted weapons, CFS1 objects, Japanese Stuff in an ETO install and then put back in that one A/C that pushed it over the edge. That went fine, then I dropped all of them back in and it ran like a champ. Now I've got to go cull out my other two new installs.... Isn't This Fun!!!! LOL. This is what I get for being away for so long......

Seagull V
February 27th, 2011, 02:39
Hello Pen32Win

if you are having issues with the 1000 versus 100 allowed aircraft install, try out Morton's great utility, MK_CFS2_UTILITY V2, thanks Morton !!!!! :salute::ernae:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=2586

Pen32Win
February 27th, 2011, 04:21
THanks SG;

The problems was with how many DP's I had in my Objects_DP folder. It had nothing to do with the number of A/C I had; but that's where it showed up. I've never seen one that before. I culled out over 500 DP's and bang, back in business. Keeping under 100 A/C isn't a problem for me as I have 4 Installs, PTO, ETO 39-43, ETO 44-45 and MTO.