PDA

View Full Version : Looking for - Weather add-ons.

demorier
February 26th, 2011, 15:09
A long way out of date with this type of stuff. Am looking for an enhanced weather package for CFS2 MB, free flight use....(cloud, rain, wind, turbulence etc.) I know some of this stuff is already there but no wind effects and the rain doesn't work to good. Just after Pacific stuff really.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 26th, 2011, 15:23
The best way to set weather in a mission is not via MB. Do it in Free Flight then go to the CFS2.cfg file and copy that weather info and paste it into the mission file. In FF you can set weather in atmosperic layers with winds' direction and speed, Note: f you open the mission again in MB and save, you will erase the weather data and have to paste them in again. CFO Weather is a good utility for changing weather, clouds and light conditions while you are in flight.

demorier
February 26th, 2011, 15:45
Thanks shadow...have researched some of this stuff but didn't find out much. Tried setting up some heavy rain in FF and nothing happened (the light rain worked). Have had zero results trying to find out about this CFO weather utility...I've seen it mentioned here and there at simviation forums but can't find out anything else about it. That's why I'm trying to find some answers here.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 26th, 2011, 16:36
Thanks shadow...have researched some of this stuff but didn't find out much. Tried setting up some heavy rain in FF and nothing happened (the light rain worked). Have had zero results trying to find out about this CFO weather utility...I've seen it mentioned here and there at simviation forums but can't find out anything else about it. That's why I'm trying to find some answers here.

http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/Cfsops/Modules/cfo_weather/Cfo_Weather_75.htm

demorier
February 26th, 2011, 16:55
Thanks again shadow...that's what I have been looking for...downloaded and bookmarked :wavey: