PDA

View Full Version : A tour around my town.

Cazzie
February 25th, 2011, 15:13
I worked up a collage of photos taken from ym walks about Danville and made a YouTube video. Thought I'd share with you folks.

Caz

R1sgWdWOcKg

Tracon
February 26th, 2011, 07:25
Nice video. Where is that in relation to Virginia Beach, Virginia?

Cazzie
February 26th, 2011, 07:43
Nice video. Where is that in relation to Virginia Beach, Virginia?

Danville is in south-central Virginia, bordering on North Carolina, about 200 miles west of Virginia Beach, follow along Highway 58 out of the Tidewater area and you'll find it.

Caz

Tracon
February 26th, 2011, 07:48
Next time I'm back east I will for sure have to explore it.

EasyEd
February 26th, 2011, 09:34
Hey All,

Nice job Caz! I'll have to figure out how to do that. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Couple comments.

First I don't know how or if you can size the images so they show at their best. I found watching it in the small window here was no where near as impressive as watching it full screen at youtube but the problem there was that the images were to varying degrees blurry. Sharp images at full screen for some predetermined size I think would be awesome. Don't know if it can be done though.

Second as I watched I couldn't help but be struck by what a statement could be made with these images about the history, growth and decline? of Danville with just some rearrangement. No criticism it's just what jumped out at me.

Finally I was halfway expecting bluegrass :jump: but that music fit well. However part way through I remembered another song by Chris Knight called Danville that I think would really track with the theme above. He is one of my favorites from sort of the Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie folk stuff I also like so much. Couple others in the same genre are Reckless Kelly and/or Micky Braun of Mickey and the Motorcars. Anyway here is Danville - sorry it's live.

LTtf-MOhmc4&feature=related

-Ed-

Cazzie
February 26th, 2011, 12:49
Ed,

The Danville Dame in Woody Gutherie song refers to a lady from Danville, CA, not VA.

tWDYVaZhri4

Ed, I don;t know which Danville Chris Knight's song refers to, there are so many in the US.

Now Tim Hardin did once date a gal from Danville, VA. and immortalized her in his song "Danville Dame".

Sadly YouTube does not feature it and you'd have to buy it to hear it.

Caz