PDA

View Full Version : Ki-57 Topsy

wolfi
February 25th, 2011, 00:31
The aircraft is ready to upload but I've some problems with the DP file, the main wings are breaking off fare to fast, just after a few hits.

So if someone with more skills likes to tweak the file, here is the DP file (FS2000) model that will render in DP edit.

Thanks in advance,

Wolfi

JapLance
February 25th, 2011, 03:52
I gave it a quick look, and I think that the problem is that some of the wing boxes are using the wingtip parts instead (less damage points).

I think I fixed this with DPed, but I can't test it. I hope you don't mind, I had to put the parts names in English to know what was in each box, I have some notions of German but the technical stuff is simply too much for me :isadizzy:.

wolfi
February 25th, 2011, 09:24
I gave it a quick look, and I think that the problem is that some of the wing boxes are using the wingtip parts instead (less damage points).

I think I fixed this with DPed, but I can't test it. I hope you don't mind, I had to put the parts names in English to know what was in each box, I have some notions of German but the technical stuff is simply too much for me :isadizzy:.

Oh thanks a lot, about the technical stuff; same here but the reverse way. I will drop the file into the Ki57 folder and make the last few test flights. Upload will be in a few hours.:jump:

wolfi

wolfi
February 25th, 2011, 13:13
Just a stupid question, where can I find my add-ons?

Wolfi

Fibber
February 25th, 2011, 13:37
You mean like these that are here?:applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=wolfi

They are in the archives.

wolfi
February 25th, 2011, 13:44
Gosh, I searched for an hour and can't find it, maybe I get old? :isadizzy:

Thanks for the info!

Wolfi

wolfi
February 25th, 2011, 14:08
I just uploaded the Ki-57 Topsy.

A military livery is in the works it will come with a MDL update that will include the bullet holes effect also!

Wolfi

Rami
February 25th, 2011, 15:38
Wolfi,

Thank you very much, it looks up to your usual standards!

Sarg Willy
February 25th, 2011, 15:57
Thanks Wolfi ,, top drawer stuff

Jagdflieger
February 25th, 2011, 21:46
Thank you Wolfi!!!

My old Metal Dreams Topsy was all but worn out. It's great to have one with the "Wolfi" touch now.

Jap Lance,

Thanks for the quick DP work.

TARPSBird
February 25th, 2011, 23:54
Wolfi, very nice work, thank you. Just one question, my plane is showing 200 kts airspeed just sitting on the runway with engines off. I used to remember what caused that and how to correct it but it's gone out of my brain. Any suggestions?

wolfi
February 26th, 2011, 00:19
Sorry I can't give any adweise how to solve that problem, I haven't even seen that screen before, I know the Panel the HUD and VC, but how did you get to this screen?

I like to add, in the panel folder is another panel CFG Zip therein is a different, more original instruments setup. Because I don't know where all the different instruments are from and therefore I couldn't ask the owners for uploading, so finaly I uploadet the aircraft using only stock instruments.

wolfi

TARPSBird
February 26th, 2011, 00:42
The screen shot is from spot (chase) view, upper left portion of the screen to show the airspeed. Also reads 200 kts in the HUD view.

Hurricane91
February 26th, 2011, 04:46
I just uploaded the Ki-57 Topsy.

A very nice model with an excellent VC and interior. Thank you Wolfi.

John

Jagdflieger
February 26th, 2011, 09:37
What a great addition to the Senior Sim!

It excels in all three uses in CFS 2: Player AC, AI Aircraft and as Infrastructure.

I too have the extra 200 knots indicated in my Shift Z data. I wonder what causes that?

Here's a few shots of the Topsy over the stock MS Henderson Field.

Captain Kurt
February 26th, 2011, 13:04
Super job Wolfi. Thank you for this. :ernae:

Will you go on to develop a Ki-21 version once you have the Topsy finished? We could use a good one, especially a late version with upper turret.

wolfi
February 26th, 2011, 13:49
Well that would cost me around a year to finish; I thought about it, but the whole fuselage, the engines the turret and the landing gear had to be completely new rebuild. I would also had to make a new set of textures. The only parts I could use are the virtual cockpit with a few tweaks and the wings, elevator and the tail with ruder, because the original aircraft was based on the Ki 21.
wolfi

Captain Kurt
February 26th, 2011, 14:33
Wolfi, That's OK, it was just a thought. I appreciate the response.

Seagull V
February 27th, 2011, 02:13
Captain Kurt
The Ki-21 had wings mounted nearly mid-fuselage, while the wings of the Ki-57 are mounted at the bottom of the fuselage, so that would need alteration on the models well. Had a look to see if it was possible to do a modified DP similar to the turret upgrade on the Ju-52 project, but the 2 aircraft while similar are also quite different. :wavey:

wolfi
Thanks for this wonderful aircraft, there are also some very nice colour schemes for it. Very much appreciated !!!!!!!! :ernae:

TARPSBird
February 27th, 2011, 06:47
The 200 kts airspeed with the aircraft parked was related to the .air file, exactly what section I don't know. I substituted an .air file from a Ki-49 Helen and that fixed it. :) Thanks again Wolfi, it's great that we're still getting new CFS2-specific planes after so many years.

Jean Bomber
February 27th, 2011, 07:46
Thanks Wolfi for the work done for this nice plane :ernae: for the ol' sim.

JP

wolfi
February 27th, 2011, 13:17
the military texture is close to ready

wolfi

UncleTgt
February 28th, 2011, 00:56
Awsome!:ernae:

wolfi
February 28th, 2011, 23:00
Bullet holes for the fuselage right site are added.
What do you think, should I remove the passenger seats for the military version and made them as BGL so you can load them as “weapon”?

stupid question, I know...

wolfi

gavinc
February 28th, 2011, 23:43
[QUOTE=wolfi;557029]
What do you think, should I remove the passenger seats for the military version and made them as BGL so you can load them as “weapon”?

stupid question, I know...

Hi Wolfi - there are no stupid questions, only smart-ass answers :wiggle:
What would be really great (not sure how much work it is, probably too much) would be if you could create an empty seat and a seat with a passenger in it.

On the other hand you could just leave it exactly the way it is now and that would be great too.

Thanks
Gavin

P.S. took the Topsy for its first flight across Japan the other night. Absolutely brilliant aircraft - Thank you very much for everything you have done.

G

Jagdflieger
March 1st, 2011, 08:17
Wolfi,

That would be a good idea I think.

I see that this aeroplane is generating a lot of interest in FS 9 too.

wolfi
March 1st, 2011, 09:04
Yes, I recognized it also, I posted a simple FS2004 MDL at the thread, when both CFS2 versions are ready I will do a FS2004 version also, but as always -CFS2 first, for me.:jump:

About seats as "BGL weapon" it’s easier to remove some parts than to add one.

wolfi

sc7500
March 1st, 2011, 09:39
I've flown a LOT of big / quirky a/c in the past 2 decades, but THIS Topsy flies BEAUTIFULLY right out of the hangar !

No aileron or rudder trim needed - it just flies..... ! BRAVO !!!

SC
:kilroy:

miamieagle
March 2nd, 2011, 07:08
Thank you!

PomBee
March 3rd, 2011, 03:42
Beautiful work.

Thank you, Wolfi.

Cheers,

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute:

kelticheart
March 4th, 2011, 06:37
Another splendid aircraft from Wolfi's shop!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you very much!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Maxstuka
April 22nd, 2011, 22:56
Thanks, exelent model !!. one question please. this model is the ki-57 II?

http://lemairesoft.sytes.net:1945/weben/avion/avion1/139.html#102991

:running:

Maxstuka
April 23rd, 2011, 13:05
it seems to be version I because, the version II has the motor and espiner extended. there is less distance of the motor to the nose of the airplane.
Nice model to break with cannons :icon_lol: