PDA

View Full Version : UTX testimonials?

Killbilly
October 1st, 2008, 14:40
I'm thinking of buying the UTX USA package. I'd like your testimonials if you have it. I currently use FSGenesis landclass, is the improvement significant? How is your performance compared to default landclass/textures? I fly mostly in Alaska and Utah. How does UTX do in these areas?

Thanks in advance.

Dexdoggy
October 1st, 2008, 14:55
I have UTX USA, and I have found it brilliant! I don't have any other significant adds for the USA. You can grav a VFR Chart and follow main roads, find lakes etc, which I really like. It doesn't do anything for Alaska though! Utah looks great (to me - I should point out that my home is in Australia and I have never been to the US!). I love it! :applause:

bkeske
October 1st, 2008, 15:32
I'm spoiled...I won't fly in areas without it 99.999% of the time.

And that is my testimonial :mixedsmi:

Wing Nut
October 1st, 2008, 16:06
I'm with bekeske ... UTX exclusively for me. The real roads and railroads reference is invalublel. You can put road traffic everywhere or only where you want it. Rural, urban, major, minor roads etc. The towns and cities are accurately placed but dont necessarily reflect real buildings, etc.
The urban areas do look great ... and at night all the street and stop lights look fantastic. I have FS Genesis terrain mesh and it gets along perfectly with UTX.

UTX .. a product well worth it.

Overshoe
October 1st, 2008, 16:36
I can't imagine FS without Ultimate Terrain. I have US & Canada installed. Coverage for Alaska is not yet available.

lifejogger
October 1st, 2008, 17:01
I have to agree with everyone else, UTX USA is a must for FSX.

spotlope
October 1st, 2008, 17:46
When I first started working on Plum Island, I created a patch of phototerrain from some high-res USGS aerial photos. When I pumped it into FSX, I was shocked! The coastlines of the aerial matched the surrounding FSX terrain perfectly. Even in the marshy area near the airfield, the little pools and creeks from my terrain blended seamlessly into FSX.

Then I remembered... I was also running UTX! When I disabled it, the default coasts and water bodies weren't nearly as well blended. That'll tell you something about UTX's quality.

harleyman
October 1st, 2008, 18:05
Its a *Gotta Have * for me too..........

Gdavis101
October 1st, 2008, 21:40
I wouldn't use FSX without it!

DennyA
October 1st, 2008, 22:29
Yep. IMHO the combo of UTX and the FSGenesis landclass is killer.

dharris
October 2nd, 2008, 03:27
Hate to be a groupie, but this time , I completely agree, UTX is great, I liked it so much I bought the USG landclass, GEX for the environment, and FEX for the sky and water treatment. These have made a very big difference in the look of the sim, and as far as frame rates, it had virtually no impact. If you could only buy one piece of software for FSX , then Utx would be the one to get. This is not a paid commercial for UTX by the way, just giving back to them for all the enjoyment they have brought to the sim.
:icon31:

Killbilly
October 2nd, 2008, 05:40
Well, I guess I've heard enough. :mixedsmi:

Thanks for the reviews. I'm off to buy.

SirBenn21
October 2nd, 2008, 05:52
Yip. I love it.

Just make sure you set ORBX off if you don't want to have the "Sea of Forests Bug".

Ben

FLighT01
October 2nd, 2008, 09:11
Excellent add on, works well with FS Genesis or Pilot's mesh (I have both) and add GEX textures for the cherry on top.

guzler
October 2nd, 2008, 09:26
UTX Europe here, another great testimonial. I guess you're convinced now :costumes:

Pultacatt
October 2nd, 2008, 09:39
Hear, hear!

Flork
October 2nd, 2008, 10:08
UTX is a must have for any type of VFR/Pilotage flying. Couldn't and wouldn't fly without it.

limjack
October 4th, 2008, 11:06
I'm thinking of buying the UTX USA package. I'd like your testimonials if you have it. I currently use FSGenesis landclass, is the improvement significant? How is your performance compared to default landclass/textures? I fly mostly in Alaska and Utah. How does UTX do in these areas?

Thanks in advance.

Good Job Killbilly, your thread got me all excited and now I have purchased it. Should arrive next week:jump:.

Jim

GeorgeM
October 4th, 2008, 16:41
As an aside, if you enjoy flying in Utah you might want to check out the freeware Utah Complete (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Utah+Complete&CatID=fsxscen&Go=Search).

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2008, 17:19
It doesn't do anything for Alaska though!

That's my problem, I rarely fly in the continental U.S., so I see no reason to get it until Alaska is ready. I was hoping it would be ready BEFORE TongassX (default AK sucks), but doesn't look like that it going to happen, sure do miss flying in Alaska!!!:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Killbilly
October 4th, 2008, 18:54
As an aside, if you enjoy flying in Utah you might want to check out the freeware Utah Complete (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Utah+Complete&CatID=fsxscen&Go=Search).

Yep. I already use that ,and it's great. I missed all my mountain roads and my favorite small lakes, though. UTX did the trick nicely!

I got UTX all installed, and I have to say that you guys weren't lying. I can't believe I haven't bought this before now. I find that I can still use Utah Complete (if I prioritize it just above the vegitation landclass from UTX, it really enhances). I can hardly wait until they finish Alaska! :d