PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Bushhawk update spotted

gajit
December 2nd, 2008, 13:30
Hi - im just downloading the "framerate friendly" Bushhawk V110.

Lets hope its a great improvement.

Thanks Aerosoft for listening to us. :applause:

Panther_99FS
December 2nd, 2008, 17:44
Please give us your report gajit! :wiggle:

gajit
December 2nd, 2008, 22:29
Please give us your report gajit! :wiggle:

Hi Panther

Im pleased to say that its a very good patch. Once loaded on top of the original download you can choose (even whilst FSX is running) if you want your Bush Hawks to be high or low poly models and also high or low textures. I have to say that the difference in frame rates i can achieve is from a poor 9- 12 with the higher settings - up to 20 + with the low settings. The great thing is that I can hardly see any difference to the aircraft model or texture - it is great. And definately has one of the best night vc on any product,

Well done Aerosoft :applause:

Now if they can do that - can they please sort out the stuttery performance on their superb F-16

CodyValkyrie
December 2nd, 2008, 23:19
Defrag gajit :D

On a serious note, there are some differences. A lot of the unseen polygons were stripped as well as a few extra features from the cockpit, such as the wires going to the control yoke and the coffee cup for example.

Still hard to explain why this affects others, yet for some like me, not really at all.

Sure, my graphics card is a beat... but FSX is CPU bound. I'm running just a Core2Duo E6400. Certainly not top of the line, but also no slouch. To be honest, when I switched from my ATI 1900XTX to my Radeon 8800GTX I saw no appreciable increase in framerates. This was expected though, as suggested, FSX is NOT GPU bound unless you are running something a bit older.

I still get great frames in this plane for the most part on high settings.

It was tossed around in the beta for some time however how to fix it. I can't say that I contributed that much however, as I was fairly busy. I did keep an eye on it though and the developer was very concerned with the comments about FPS and how to fix it.

CBris
December 3rd, 2008, 00:37
Sadly I fear the Bushhawk suffered a vociferous minority of customers. I was getting a lot of four-lettered hate mail in the PMs about my defense of the frame rates - by people who didn't read what I wrote, but just suffered "Knee-jerk" reactions. Not one of the hate-mailers recognised that the Bushhawk is aimed forward and not backward.

Everyone seems to think the customer is king - but if the customer doesn't read what it says on the packet, then he is no better than a peasant. At least a peasant knows what he wants and will listen to advice...

A good customer is one who knows what the seller is offering and makes a well founded decision to buy. After all, what else is "selling" but a maker offering something he has made for sale. If I have size 9 feet, I don't go buy size 8 shoes and complain loudly that the shoes make my feet hurt. These people did.

I fear that my faith in human nature was severely tested as painter on that project. To get threats of violence for defending an idea is way over the top.

Epsillon
December 3rd, 2008, 01:33
This patch is very good.
With low poly models and high-res textures, my framerate has doubled.
The interior is still very nice and I'm now happy with that.

Cris, don't take buyers for fools and stop your permanent complaint, please. I'm a customer and I feel insulted by your remarks. You and the developpers have done a good job on this plane but not an outstanding and incredibly innovative job as you seem to think. Look at the AS Hughes H1 or the Sibwing Saab Safir or the Warbirdsim P-51B/C and explain me why while they are more detailed (much more) and complex than the Bush Hawk, they are much framerate friendly...and much beautiful.

Peasants learn everyday from earth, nature, weather and they work hard to be always better because they have the magic ingredient: humility.

Best regards and thanks for your job.
You will thank us for the money later, when you'll have landed...;)

Stephan

CBris
December 3rd, 2008, 03:04
You didn't read the hate mail I was sent in PMs. :censored:

I did not take any money on this project.

Oh... forget it. Nothing is worth this treatment...

Anneke
December 3rd, 2008, 04:04
You are right Cris, we all tend to be a little too passionate at times and forget about feelings and honest intentions of developers and vice versa.

Best!

Panther_99FS
December 3rd, 2008, 04:55
Thanks gajit,
Now that it appears to be flyable on my system, I must put it on the Christmas list :mixedsmi: