PDA

View Full Version : For the "international Rescue" Thunderbird fans ...

rcbarend
February 20th, 2011, 13:40
Hi all,

Just a few teaser screenshots from Guzman's upcoming freeware Thunderbird-2.

Fully VTOL of course, and lots of visual/audible effects and animations.
Even the moll.

Rob B.

johnr
February 20th, 2011, 14:23
That's fantastic!

It looks like the first TB2 for Flightsim that's accurate in shape, detail and colour!

Sort the font out and stick some tracks on the Mole and it's s dead ringer for the original!

Stunning work

Kind regards

JR

AndyG43
February 20th, 2011, 15:07
Very nice!!

rcbarend
February 20th, 2011, 15:47
Now just hope there is a clever guy out there able to create a (preferably: moveable) angled launch platform.
Because, besides VTOL, a launch from a sloped surface (like the hill in the picture) would be a piece of cake to realise (in fact: I already did).

Rob

Jagdflieger
February 21st, 2011, 09:37
"Thunderbirds are go!"

If you liked Thunderbirds, Anderson's earlier Super Car was also fun to watch on Saturday mornings back in the day.

You can get Douglas' and Tate's FS 9 Super Car at the larger sim sites.

Look for: Superc40.zip

Quax d. Bruchpilot
February 21st, 2011, 12:10
huuuuh !!! looks gooood the "Thunderbird2" :wiggle: Can't await to see more !

Greets
Andi

rcbarend
February 21st, 2011, 18:00
huuuuh !!! looks gooood the "Thunderbird2" :wiggle: Can't await to see more !

Greets
Andi
Just another 2 weeks or so before it's released.
There will be an FSX-compatible version as well (after that).

Cheers, Rob

johnr
February 24th, 2011, 10:20
Did I read that correctly? So it's FS9 first? That's fantastic if that's right :jump:

Kind regards

John

rcbarend
February 24th, 2011, 15:50
Did I read that correctly? So it's FS9 first? That's fantastic if that's right :jump:

Kind regards

John
Yes, most likely available within a week or so.

Attached, a screenshot of the "Launch-mode" which I now integrated.
Just from a hillslope for now; maybe some clever scenery designer can create a real moveable, angled takeoff platform (if even possible in FS9).

Cheers, Rob

PS: When uploaded, I report it here.

Clarke123
February 24th, 2011, 17:18
Moving landable platforms aren't possible in FS9 unfortuanately. That's why all the carriers are static.

rcbarend
February 25th, 2011, 04:49
Moving landable platforms aren't possible in FS9 unfortuanately. That's why all the carriers are static.
Hi,

Thanks for the response.
And Yes, I know that about the carriers.

However, with "moveable" I mean that the platform can pitch up when the aircraft is on top of it.
I know there are carriers for FS9 with a working lift, so for a horizontal platform it should be possible. However, the problem might be the changing angle them.

And if that fails: a static angled platform (scenery object) would be nice as well.
But I ask around in the Scenery forum on avsim.

Rob

AndyG43
February 25th, 2011, 05:47
And if that fails: a static angled platform (scenery object) would be nice as well.

Rob, that should be doable - I'd suggest tracking down the inimitable Dave Garwood, as there is certainly a 'working' skijump on the old Alphasim HMS Hermes that he updated for use in FS9.

rcbarend
February 25th, 2011, 06:27
Rob, that should be doable - I'd suggest tracking down the inimitable Dave Garwood, as there is certainly a 'working' skijump on the old Alphasim HMS Hermes that he updated for use in FS9.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind.

Rob

Matt Wynn
February 25th, 2011, 11:29
also UKMIL did ski jumps for RAF Wittering and Yeovilton for the UK2000 scenery...

dharry
February 25th, 2011, 14:01
IRIS Simulations released the Russian carrier Admiral Kuznetsov for FS9 which had a ski ramp

Tanmann
February 25th, 2011, 15:06
As a child this was one of the TV shows I rushed home from school to see. I had models of most of the Thunderbird hardware including Lady Penelopes 6 wheeled Rolls Royce. This show had some of the most fantastic machines ever on TV like the "Sidewinder" or the "Fire Flash". My fav will always be Thunderbird 2 and those wonderful pods. All we need now is for a scenery guru to create Thunderbird Island. This sim gets better with age and I looking forward to flying Thunderbird 2. Thanks to the great modelers who make this sim so enduring. F A B!

rcbarend
March 5th, 2011, 12:26
Hi,

The Thunderbird-2 is available now for download at simviation.com, file TB2MOLE-1-1.zip
In a few days, on other sites as well ..

Enjoy ....:)

Rob

johnr
March 5th, 2011, 12:58
That's great news... even though my flightsim machine is down at the moment I'm off to get it!

Many thanks

JR

Matt Wynn
March 5th, 2011, 13:03
Excellent! off to grab it!...

out of curiosity anyone know where i can find TB1 and 3? :jump:

johnr
March 6th, 2011, 00:13
You'll find most Gerry Anderson models here, other than Ito's and the old sadly now unavailable 'Sundaybirds'.

http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/ga/ga-fs.html

I don't think there's ever been a Thunderbird 3 however

Kind regards

JR

Motormouse
March 6th, 2011, 01:57
You'll find most Gerry Anderson models here, other than Ito's and the old sadly now unavailable 'Sundaybirds'.

http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/ga/ga-fs.html

I don't think there's ever been a Thunderbird 3 however

Kind regards

JR

You need to check out 'Orbiter'; and its associated add-ons for TB3 John

ttfn

Pete

johnr
March 6th, 2011, 04:03
Hi Pete

Yeah sorry I meant for MSFS... Unless you know of one?

Kind regards

JR

Ferry_vO
March 6th, 2011, 07:36
Thanks Libardo and Rob, it's an excellent model with lots of great effects!

nigel richards
March 7th, 2011, 00:24
:salute: LOL! Okay... nice work, I have to admit it! ...as it looks like TB4 (submarine wasn't it?) is not suitable for fs2004 (I can't seem to go submersible however hard I try - and I've used everything from Wrght Flyer to Canadair cl-215 to no avail- but perhaps its my particular version) and TB5 is out as a flyer, when do you reckon we get Lady Penelope's cool pink Rolls-Royce?

What a bomb she was: love at first sight when I was just 7 ...took months to get over her (the gal idiots, not the drive!).
Be good in a dragster race I'll bet! :bump: (not the lady, the car twits!).
0-300 mph before you can say...(let me think...who's on my shortlist today???...oh yeah,!!!)
Willy! Yep, I can say that pretty quickly anyway (Gotcha back for sending me back to Coventry) have learnt to by now, in order to avoid getting clobbered by this fine gentleman.

Oh, and don't forget to include Brains in this pack. Oust Penelope's driver and stick good old Brains in the jumpseat. Make sure you don't mess up on the head animation though, very characteristic!
Bet you could talk Smoothie into a slick paint for this one...I'll knock up a couple of sounds!
And, as I'm in a generous mood today, I'll even wav up a copy of the 'Thunderbirds' theme music for you all to listen to while loading up the sim!
How about a Merlin with a bit'o Mustang 'throat'? :jump: and the 'whistle' just for badness!
As for internal sounds: a ticking clock would do...Rolls-Royce used to say in their advertising, that the loudest sound to be heard in a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow doing a ton, is the dashbord chronometer!
Rectrums! Never believe anything you ever read in advertising. EVER! We'll stick to the Merlin.

Haven't a clue who'd be doing a panel/VC though, out of my depth there!

Looking forward to HU! :monkies:

wbuchart
March 15th, 2011, 16:44
...was my all time favorite Saturday morning show as a kid. I'd love to see a new, more up to date model available.....Take it it away, Professor Matt Matic!:wiggle: