PDA

View Full Version : Trouble landing here ??? OUCH !!

HouseHobbit
February 18th, 2011, 22:23
Okay, I keep my wings level, drop flaps and gear.
Slow to 150 Kts..
Keep my Nose up ..
And as soon as I touch down BANG!!! :gameoff:

Hobbit pieces everywhere...:isadizzy:

I know I am landing (SOP) according to the training manual..:ques:

I think this B-17 is messed up.. may have to reload it???

At a real loss, over this...:banghead:

Have a look..

BeauBrummie
February 18th, 2011, 22:27
I'm confused Owain I thought that's how Hobbits always flew the big birds as they can't see over the dash otherwise:jump:

italflyer
February 18th, 2011, 23:41
No, the B17 isn't messed up, but its the export model for New Zealand; if you fly it on the other end of the world, the wheels and not the tail would touch the ground first!

:173go1:

hairyspin
February 19th, 2011, 01:33
I'm confused Owain I thought that's how Hobbits always flew the big birds as they can't see over the dash otherwise:jump:
Of course that's how he flies them, the only way he can see the ground is to fly inverted and stand on the headlining. Hobbits don't know which way is up, y'see.

gradyhappyg
February 19th, 2011, 01:54
Talk to your ground crew I think they put the wheels on the wrong side of the wings. Other than that everything looks fine to me.

KellyB
February 19th, 2011, 04:17
ssheeesh! Hard to get any respect around here, eh, HH?

These guys have, of course, missed the obvious answer and it's not your fault: Look at the tail. That arrowhead is pointing the wrong way! Rotate it 180 degrees, and you'll be just fine, I'm sure.

HouseHobbit
February 19th, 2011, 11:12
Okay so I stand on the seat/ceiling to see..:173go1:

Except for Nigels Bf 109's he makes me sit in them correctly..BUMMER..

And I will yet get this B-17 down in one piece, it will be a first for a Hobbit to land and not go bang!!!
Leave it to the AVH team to put the wheels on the wrong side of the wings..:icon_lol:
Off to wreck some birds..

Which way is New Zealand ?? And which has the longer runway, Christchurch or Wellington??

italflyer
February 19th, 2011, 12:28
I was told New Zealand is just a tad west of Australia......

Sorry: too much good vine, good fondue (chees-fondue!mhhm) and good friends tonight, so don't expect any answer that's making even the slightest sense.

Chee(r)s

Daiwilletti
February 20th, 2011, 15:40
And which has the longer runway, Christchurch or Wellington??

Christchurch has a nice, long, US-Miltary constructed runway. Its used by the big Globemasters as the last stop to McMurdo Base in Antarctica. So go with Christchurch, HH!