PDA

View Full Version : How to get the sound to work in Weapons for FSX

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 19:02
If you have the CS weapons for FSX and the sound where staying on when you pulled the trigger.
I found out what the problem is. Turn your Audio playback Hardware acceleration down to Basic acceleration.
Not the defaults.

After I did this the guns sound work great.:ernae:

flyer01:salute:

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 19:25
I found that after I was able to keep the trigger pulled that i need more ammo. This is what was found on the CS forum on how to add ammo or have unlimited ammo.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296898545

brettt777
February 18th, 2011, 19:37
Ummm...where/how do you adjust audio hardware acceleration in Win7? I've looked for it but can't find it in the sound section of control panel.

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 19:51
Ummm...where/how do you adjust audio hardware acceleration in Win7? I've looked for it but can't find it in the sound section of control panel.

I have XP so I do not know.

Someone will help.

brettt777 doing this made this addon work on my PC. and man what a great addon. I hope this works for you . I think it will.

flyer01

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 21:20
Windows Vista and Windows 7 do not have Sound Acceleration. Sound Acceleration will always appear as Basic in DXDIAG.

You can go to run and put in DXDIAG and see what is there.

Astoroth
February 19th, 2011, 00:33
As I posted on the Captain Sim forum, Glad it worked for you, but it's not the fix for everyone, because I run XP with sound acceleration all the way up, and have never had the sound problem.

I am leaning more toward a hardware/driver issue.

My sound is integrated VIA High Definition Audio chip on the mobo. What about you?

flyer01
February 19th, 2011, 06:46
As I posted on the Captain Sim forum, Glad it worked for you, but it's not the fix for everyone, because I run XP with sound acceleration all the way up, and have never had the sound problem.

I am leaning more toward a hardware/driver issue.

My sound is integrated VIA High Definition Audio chip on the mobo. What about you?

From what CS says there are only 10 reports of this. So I do not know if this will work for them or not.

Also CS never thought to have me check this which IMHO he should have. Fact is he never suggested anything.

I would hope that it may help some of them.

My sound is integrated VIA High Definition Audio chip on the mobo also.

Have you tryed turn your sound acceleration down to see what that will do?

flyer01

brettt777
February 19th, 2011, 07:21
My sound is realtek HD audio in my laptop so I would assume it is integrated as well. It also has some sort of Sound Blaster driver add-on that I'm not really sure what it does. I didn't get a chance last night but I will try it on my desk top which runs XP and has a Creative X-Fi audio card.

flyer01
February 19th, 2011, 07:26
My sound is realtek HD audio in my laptop so I would assume it is integrated as well. It also has some sort of Sound Blaster driver add-on that I'm not really sure what it does. I didn't get a chance last night but I will try it on my desk top which runs XP and has a Creative X-Fi audio card.

Try what I talked about on your XP. If that is not what the problem is then I don't know what is.

I have help all that I can with this.

flyer01
February 19th, 2011, 10:47

You can try this also.
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/

brettt777
February 19th, 2011, 17:58
Okay so I tried all the same exact planes on my desktop in XP and everything has worked perfectly so far. So as far as I can tell it seems to be related to the OS somehow because that is the only difference. And, it's a seperate X-fi audio card with hardware acceleration set on full.