PDA

View Full Version : A Marriage Made in Heaven?....

Matt Wynn
February 18th, 2011, 09:43
.... i think so! Kirk Olssons F-16 married to an IRIS F-15 afterburner effect.... if anyone wants the modified .cfg and panel .cfg i'll be glad to fire them over... heres a quick vid i made of it in use... keep your eye on that flame and not the aircraft :icon_lol:

EHOcxmsDy_c

awj112
February 18th, 2011, 10:15
Makes sense. Both aircraft use the same engine. If you would be so kind, would you PM it to me?

Z-claudius24
February 18th, 2011, 10:23
Hi,

Can you PM me the effect cfg's mod please .. I want experiment it :)

Matt Wynn
February 18th, 2011, 10:37
i'll put them here in a zip... requires prior installation of the IRIS F-15, if you have that it should work perfectly, and my panel.cfg is straight out the 'usviper' download apart from the reheat controllers if i recall... not sure if i tweaked anything in the panel.cfg (Did this very early hours after 3 days awake) but i may have, try with just the aircraft.cfg first... if that don't work with just that then add the panel.cfg too...

Z-claudius24
February 18th, 2011, 11:06
Hi,

Thank you :salute:

MIKE JG
February 18th, 2011, 14:20
Is the afterburner effect based on throttle position or is it still tied to the lights??

Z-claudius24
February 18th, 2011, 15:09
Hi,

Not yet tested but I have the feeling it's tied to the throttle position (or % power) like for the original effect :)

Z-claudius24
February 18th, 2011, 20:17
Hi,

Tested .. work .. but seem's to be tied with light activation ...
Maybe it's some already changes I made somewhere ?
Anyways I will continue to use the old afterburner effect who is tied with the throttle (at least on my install ... )

EDITED:
Will make further tests .. as it's maybe a gauge problem from my side .. will report :)

Tested again and no joy ...
Further more I have 3D lights .. and the aircraft.cfg modified contain a set for 3D lights
It's perfect for the landing light but it's misplaced flashing light on the tail ...
I used the VIPER from K.O (not a other variant)

----------------------------------F-16 VIPER (By KIRK OLSSON) ----------------------------------
[fltsim.0]
title=VIPER gbu
sim=VIPER
model=GBU
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=
description= F-16 Fighting Falcon ---by Kirk Olsson---
ui_manufacturer=VIPER
ui_type=F-16 viper (USAF)
ui_variation=GBU's
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=94
atc_airline=Air Force
atc_flight_number=
atc_type=LOCKHEED
atc_model=F16I see in the modified CFG
ui_type=F-16 viper
It's soo many F-16 K.O iterations .. LOL

http://i54.tinypic.com/2nkp2cx.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2m3fxqq.jpg

jhoopes2
February 23rd, 2011, 06:20
I've experimented for hours with various A/B effects, and for some reason they are all tied to a light function...no matter how hard I've tried to work around it, they've only been visible with lights all switched on...OR, the AB is always 'on' even when parked and shut down.

stuartcox
February 23rd, 2011, 07:00
I've experimented for hours with various A/B effects, and for some reason they are all tied to a light function...no matter how hard I've tried to work around it, they've only been visible with lights all switched on...OR, the AB is always 'on' even when parked and shut down.

Same here!
It needs a panel tweak, I just don't know what.
Eventually I got it working by using a replacement panel.
That was the last option before I lost my patience.

paul day
February 23rd, 2011, 08:19
I am a complete novice at CFG,s but try this in the panel CFG under the
[Vcockpit01]

gaugexx=F15_Gauges!Effect Controller, 1,1,20,20

making sure the gauge is numbered correctly.

Regards Paul Day.