PDA

View Full Version : MAW FPS VS ETO/PTO

flamingskull
February 18th, 2011, 05:35
Now that I got my installs all sorted out, I've been working on getting the most out of my new rig. Allthough I have a 1 gig video card, I realize that with only 2 mg ram and 2.2 ghz processor, there will be some trade offs. For the most part I get low 30's with 12 aircraft, flak and clouds in PTO/ETO, but in MAW, I get low 50's. This isn't due to flying over the desert with no facilities either, I'm getting good numbers over the harbor in Malta which used to bring my old rig to it's knees. Why the big difference?

hairyspin
February 18th, 2011, 07:45
Now that I got my installs all sorted out, I've been working on getting the most out of my new rig. Allthough I have a 1 gig video card, I realize that with only 2 mg ram and 2.2 ghz processor, there will be some trade offs. For the most part I get low 30's with 12 aircraft, flak and clouds in PTO/ETO, but in MAW, I get low 50's. This isn't due to flying over the desert with no facilities either, I'm getting good numbers over the harbor in Malta which used to bring my old rig to it's knees. Why the big difference?

MAW was built (a few years ago) to be framerate-friendly even with older rigs, ETO was built to take advantage of more capable hardware.

ndicki
February 18th, 2011, 08:53
Tom's right. When MAW was developed, we simply did not have the computers most of you now have. As a result, I don't even TRY to run the recent ETO offerings... MAW is where I live!

flamingskull
February 18th, 2011, 08:59
I guess I'm lucky to be getting the rates I'm getting in ETO then!