PDA

View Full Version : Lost Tool Tips ?

IanHenry
February 18th, 2011, 05:11
I seem to have a small problem, in that the “tool tips” (at least I think that’s what they are called) which gives you the readings of gauges and the names of switches when you roll the mouse cursor over them have disappeared.
Maybe the answer is obvious and I’m missing something really simple, but if anyone can make any suggestions as to how to rectify this problem I would much appreciate it.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

kilo delta
February 18th, 2011, 05:17
Are you running FSX under DX10? They won't work under that format.

papab
February 18th, 2011, 05:25
You did not accidentally uncheck the tool tips display in settings did you ?

IanHenry
February 18th, 2011, 06:28
Thanks for your replies,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Yes I am using DX9 Kilo Delta. Papab, where in settings is that option? I can find “Display Flying Tip” in the options section, but that’s the one that keeps scrolling irritating messages across the top of the screen, and not allowing me to use the mouse pointer to read gauges etc.
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks,
Ian.

stiz
February 18th, 2011, 09:58
i belive its under the settings - display - aircraft bit on the left hand side under the slider where you set the 2d transparency :)

IanHenry
February 18th, 2011, 10:41
Thanks Stiz, that’s sorted it. That must be the only place that I missed looking at!
Regards,
Ian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

jimjones
February 19th, 2011, 04:13
Vista,DX10,fsx acceleration system shos tool tips in windows mode, not fullscreen.