PDA

View Full Version : Redirecting where screen shots are stored

Bone
February 17th, 2011, 06:08
Normally, when you make a screen shot using the built in FSX feature (V button), the shots are place in "Libraries...>>>>...Pictures...>>>>...Flight Simulator X Files" on the C: drive. How can I redirect my screen shots to go to my D: drive? I'm using Windows 7.

Bjoern
February 17th, 2011, 06:43
There's no way to do that except using an external screenshot capturing program.

Bone
February 17th, 2011, 09:18
There's no way to do that except using an external screenshot capturing program.

hmm. that's inconvenient. thanks Bjoern.

bstolle
February 17th, 2011, 09:21
In win7 I'm using the 'snipping tool' that is included. Works very nice.

papab
February 17th, 2011, 10:30

Could you elaborate some on the "snipping tool"
Thanks

Rick

EDIT: found it, I searched in windows-duh!!!!

Bone
February 17th, 2011, 10:30

Yes Bernt, but you have 9-12 hour enroute times enabling you to have figured out there was a "snipping tool", and then how to use it. lol.

Paul K
February 17th, 2011, 11:16
Normally, when you make a screen shot using the built in FSX feature (V button), the shots are place in "Libraries...>>>>...Pictures...>>>>...Flight Simulator X Files" on the C: drive. How can I redirect my screen shots to go to my D: drive? I'm using Windows 7.

Get a copy of Gadwin Screen Capture and you can store your shots wherever you want them. It will number each shot in sequence, store them in a choice of formats ( BMP, JPEG etc) and will even resize them automatically if you wish. You also have the option of ignoring your mouse cursor which is good for game screenshots.

I've been using it for years.

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

kilo delta
February 17th, 2011, 11:42
Or get a copy of FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com/) :)

stiz
February 17th, 2011, 11:53
or FSScreen, 1 file, just plop it in the folder you want your shots stored, run it, then run fsx, the press print screen, simples! :)

Bone
February 17th, 2011, 12:49
ok, thanks, all

Paul Anderson
February 17th, 2011, 14:24
You can also (in XP, don't know about W7) track down the screenshot folder in explorer, right click and send an icon for the folder to your desktop. Then it's just a double click to access your V shots thereafter.