PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios TBF Avenger

roger-wilco-66
February 17th, 2011, 02:15
Any TBF Avenger experts here :-) ???

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?122-TBM-Avenger-Experts-!

Also, a few nice shots of the DC-3 and B-25:

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?123-eye-candy

Cheers,
Mark

BOOM
February 17th, 2011, 02:36
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally,An Avenger for FSX!!!!!:jump:

Lawman
February 17th, 2011, 09:26
This is not meant as an attack on Vertigo or any other payware developer, but I have some mixed feelings about them doing aircraft like the B-25, DC-3 of Avenger. Don't get me wrong, they do really great stuff and I can understand that they're also trying to make a living. But somehow I fear those releases will eat into the MAAM-sales when they get ready to redo those aircraft for FSX.

I know some of you will say that the MAAM-planes may still be a long way off and it would be great to have those Vertigo-planes in the meantime, but still ... Is the majority of the (general) public going to buy another release of the same plane? I very much doubt that. Since I'm not that "hot" about the B-25 and DC-3, I will wait for the MAAM-releases in the knowledge that the money will go to the preservation of the real aircraft. Having said that, I hope these planes will prove to be a succes for Vertigo also.

c87
February 17th, 2011, 09:34
Sweeeeeet. I couldn't get the Maam-Sim Avenger to work in FSX but now it looks like I'll someday be able to fly this bird again. Kudos to Vertigo for going out to look for experts on this aircraft (as I think they've done for others). That can be a double-edged sword too but hopefully they'll get the info they need to make it stunning aircraft.

And I can't wait to try and take their B-25 off of the deck of their upcoming Enterprise flattop.:jump:

AndyE1976
February 17th, 2011, 09:38
Looking forward to the avenger and B25 particularly.

I wish MAAM all the best and happily bought their DC2 to support the preservation of the aircraft. FSX has been out for a long time, so I don't have a problem with VS producing aircraft that MAAM have previously done for FS9 and not had time to bring to FSX standards.

I would consider the purchase of the MAAM version as a donation to the aircraft preservation with the bonus of an FSX aircraft, rather than the other way around. I gave to the preservation of the Vulcan recently and there was no such bonus associated with it.

Warrant
February 17th, 2011, 10:35
This is not meant as an attack on Vertigo or any other payware developer, but I have some mixed feelings about them doing aircraft like the B-25, DC-3 of Avenger. Don't get me wrong, they do really great stuff and I can understand that they're also trying to make a living. But somehow I fear those releases will eat into the MAAM-sales when they get ready to redo those aircraft for FSX.

I know some of you will say that the MAAM-planes may still be a long way off and it would be great to have those Vertigo-planes in the meantime, but still ... Is the majority of the (general) public going to buy another release of the same plane? I very much doubt that. Since I'm not that "hot" about the B-25 and DC-3, I will wait for the MAAM-releases in the knowledge that the money will go to the preservation of the real aircraft. Having said that, I hope these planes will prove to be a succes for Vertigo also.

MAAM sim will be MAAM sim! It takes a loooooong time before release, but when finally there.....!

I would not be to worried about that. If MAAM releases it's TBM Avenger for FSX, it will sell itself. They will have that nitty gritty detail that nobody thought about, and it will be great!

People who purchased the Aerosoft F-16 also purchased the IRIS Viper, right?

YoYo
February 17th, 2011, 11:11
Sorry but MAAM finished work with Flight sims since FSX borns. DC-3 and B-25 was fantastic for FS9, but it was.... now I can say long, long time a go.
Port from FS9 to FSX isnt good choise. No native version - no flying so please dont talk about MAAM project here. They stopped support for FS series.
See this: http://www.maam.org/flightsim/news/tbm_rel_pr.htm
2008 ? Nice looking, but not FSX standard and maybe Im wrong (I hope!) but we never see FSX, native, new version of this TBM.
Lets see Vertigo TBM ! :)

RCAF_Gunner
February 17th, 2011, 16:38
Excellent! Looking forward to them. Thanks for the H/U.

Bomber_12th
February 17th, 2011, 16:43
Sorry but MAAM finished work with Flight sims since FSX borns. DC-3 and B-25 was fantastic for FS9, but it was.... now I can say long, long time a go.
Port from FS9 to FSX isnt good choise. No native version - no flying so please dont talk about MAAM project here. They stopped support for FS series.
See this: http://www.maam.org/flightsim/news/tbm_rel_pr.htm
2008 ? Nice looking, but not FSX standard and maybe Im wrong (I hope!) but we never see FSX, native, new version of this TBM.
Lets see Vertigo TBM ! :)

YoYo, sorry to disappoint you, but MAAM-sim is, and has been, alive and active in FS, including projects for FSX. Just because you haven’t seen anything yourself, doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything behind the curtain. Remember, excellence takes time, and they aren't being paid to do it (all money goes to the MAAM museum)! One of their main focuses right now is the N3N, which you can easily find screenshots of in a quick search of these forums.

Kiwikat
February 17th, 2011, 16:43
Neeeeed.... Patches........... First........

Seriously, we need the Bearcat and Panther patches.

flaviossa
February 17th, 2011, 16:49

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: Agreed!

robert41
February 17th, 2011, 18:05
Concerning the DC3, I have the default-modified, the JF version, and the FS9 MAAM version flying in FSX. Iam looking forward to the VS release and the MAAM FSX version. Why, because these are the kind of aircraft I like to fly. I do not think the VS DC3 will cut into the MAAM DC3 sales at all. Just more to enjoy.

YoYo
February 17th, 2011, 18:09
I found on Avsim http://forum.avsim.net/topic/290097-maam-sim-goes-native-fsx/
I hope he will finished one day!

crashaz
February 17th, 2011, 20:59
This is a VS thread....lets drop the comparisons with MAAM.

MAAM does beautiful work and I will be there when their turkey comes out with all the trimmings to help out the museum.

However this is also a free market and VS has given us some great work since they have begun... particularly with the warbird crowd. In addition the TBF just makes sense for them considering they have released the F9F and SBD.

Lets see what the market bears eh? I would say the same thing if we had a MAAM announcement and people were talking about VS in their thread.

So good to see the B-25B plans I found actually coming to fruition.... me = :jump:

Guess I am going to see if I can put together:
USS Salt Lake City CA-25
USS Northampton CA-26
USS Vincennes CA-44
USS Nashville CL-43

since Big E is already in the works... seems it would be silly to build Hornet.... maybe I can talk Dean into making the changes hehehe.

Then we can have TF 16!

skyblazer3
February 17th, 2011, 23:50

This is so true.

All the luck MAAM-sim.

stansdds
February 18th, 2011, 02:37
Uhhhh... seems to me MAAM-Sim did the B-25J... yep, I definitely bought the FS9 version of the B-25J from MAAM-Sim. The VS B-25 is an early production version of the B-25C, so both firms are producing different versions of the B-25.

Honestly, competition in any field leads to better outcomes.

YoYo
March 9th, 2011, 08:08
Hi!
First shots of TBF !!!

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133-Development-Shots-of-the-Avengerhttp://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133-Development-Shots-of-the-Avenger

Cirrus N210MS
March 9th, 2011, 08:36
sweet i love avenger its a great aircraft

i got a 1:18 scale model of one at home in az:salute:

this is flight 19 version

http://www.warart.com/images/products/598_large_image.jpg

mal998
March 9th, 2011, 12:24

you all know that they are being worked on...in the meantime there is nothing unflyable about either plane. why some guys insist on taking potshots at deveopers simply because they may not be your favorites is beyond me.

it does nothing to help the hobby grow. anyone who is really that interested in those patches can alway stop by VS's website for an update on what's happeneing. it's really time we stopped doing that kind os stuff, especially in a

third-party forum. it's no wonder that some developers don't want to come around here. i mean think about it, i love MAAM so i'll take a potshot at VS...it doesn't make sense.

mho

Warrant
March 9th, 2011, 12:37
sweet i love avenger its a great aircraft

i got a 1:18 scale model of one at home in az:salute:

this is flight 19 version

http://www.warart.com/images/products/598_large_image.jpg

Wow, very nice model!

Is it metal? If yes, where can i order it? :jump:

Kiwikat
March 9th, 2011, 13:03
you all know that they are being worked on...in the meantime there is nothing unflyable about either plane. why some guys insist on taking potshots at deveopers simply because they may not be your favorites is beyond me.

it does nothing to help the hobby grow. anyone who is really that interested in those patches can alway stop by VS's website for an update on what's happeneing. it's really time we stopped doing that kind os stuff, especially in a third-party forum. it's no wonder that some developers don't want to come around here. i mean think about it, i love MAAM so i'll take a potshot at VS...it doesn't make sense.

mho

If this were any other developer (The "A" word comes to mind...) all hell would break loose here at the outhouse. People would be up in arms complaining about the customer support and such. We have been waiting months for it to be patched and it hasn't happened yet. Other developers get patches done in hours, days, or even a couple weeks. I don't understand what is taking Vertigo so long to release a couple of patches.

I have nothing against Vertigo Studios, except they are very slow at patching their products (which is more of a fact rather than a personal opinion). Why you quote my post and say something like "taking potshots" is beyond me. They are really improving their products and I am eager to see how the DC-3 and B-25 are when finished. The Bearcat has become one of my favorite warbirds for FSX.

I'm not one of the people who mentioned MAAM in this thread so if your post was targeted at them, why did you quote me? You obviously meant to attack me since you went after a post of mine from 3 weeks ago. I think it was rather uncalled for. :ques:

Roger
March 9th, 2011, 13:48
We see fewer and fewer developers posting here. I wonder why?

mal998
March 9th, 2011, 13:53
OK before this goes any further, I mean to attack no one. All I'm suggesting here is that critical statements do not serve anyone's interest in a postive way. Particularly when made in a 3rd party setting.

If one has an issue to discuss with any developer they need to go to that website and take it up there. That is what I am suggesting.

Regarding Alphasim, it is fairly obvious that some people here had a bone to pick with their management and used any excuse to justify a verbal attack. That is now ancient history.

I've said my piece on the subject.

Now back to the subject of the thread...I look forward to having a nice new TBF to fly in FSX.

Warrant
March 9th, 2011, 13:54
We see fewer and fewer developers posting here. I wonder why?

Dunno. Are they posting somewhere else?

Roger
March 9th, 2011, 14:01
Dunno. Are they posting somewhere else?

Rene, I want them posting here...without fear. I want developers to feel free to post their project news and development shots on our forums.
Vertigo is a good example of a dev who doesn't post here now.

Warrant
March 9th, 2011, 14:18
Rene, I want them posting here...without fear. I want developers to feel free to post their project news and development shots on our forums.
Vertigo is a good example of a dev who doesn't post here now.

I'm with you old friend, and whish the same! I too have noticed a downfall in announcements by developers over here at SOH. And i also have noticed the bashing of developers over here in the past. Something that disturbes me!

I used to lurk around here to learn about what was in the developers stove pot, but now seems ages ago. I now need to browse the known developers sites in order to make sure i do not miss stuff.

What happened?

Cirrus N210MS
March 9th, 2011, 14:34
Wow, very nice model!

Is it metal? If yes, where can i order it? :jump:

plastic and they dont make them anymore makes them price high i got mine befor they went out of biz

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/prefinish/21c/kit_21c_tbf.shtml
http://aviatornut.com/aircraft/118-scale-aircraft/118-tbf-avenger-21st-century-toys
http://www.amazon.com/TBF-1-Avenger-U-S-Torpedo-Bomber/dp/B000P6H3QI

Rezabrya
March 9th, 2011, 14:51
Kiwi wasn't bashing anyone. He simply said that devs need to fix their current products before they start putting out new products. Mal then jumped down his throat. Kiwikat made a completely true statement. He did nothing wrong.

Roger
March 9th, 2011, 15:02
Kiwi wasn't bashing anyone. He simply said that devs need to fix their current products before they start putting out new products. Mal then jumped down his throat. Kiwikat made a completely true statement. He did nothing wrong.

Try to understand this if you can...Vertigo don't post here anymore! Do you value their input into the FsX world or not? Would you be happy if they said "to heck with it, let's do something else"

Vertigo are continuing development of existing projects whilst collating information for patches.

flaviossa
March 9th, 2011, 15:07
Kiwi wasn't bashing anyone. He simply said that devs need to fix their current products before they start putting out new products.

+1! Nothing wrong with that. And about the devs not posting, i think that they must be adults to deal with good and bad comments. In fact, i think we all have to thanks the people that show the flaws. Itīs vital feedback information to continue in the market and be able to make better and better addons, that all of us will be happy to buy.

Roger
March 9th, 2011, 15:08
+1! Nothing wrong with that. And about the devs not posting, i think that they must be adults to deal with good and bad comments. In fact, i think we all have to thanks the people that show the flaws. Itīs vital feedback information to continue in the market and be able to make better and better addons, that all of us will be happy to buy.

Make that information available to the developer in their own forum.

Thread closed.

PRB
March 9th, 2011, 15:10

A true statement? Says who? Who wrote into law that they can't start work on another product before "fixing" a previously released product? Why can't they do both at the same time? Good grief. Another example of the "why" some of you say you're looking for, but refuse to see.