PDA

View Full Version : ahhh! help!

cjcz7
February 16th, 2011, 11:39
i've got my new computer which is win7 and has allowed CFS3 and ETO to work perfectly before.

but now it suddenly dosen't. i get the first loadind screen and an error message about it not shuting down correctly (had that loads of times before!) the screen then flashes black as if the intro movie is about to begin, but then nothing happens, it just returns to desktop!

please could someone help as ive tried everything i know and it's relly frustrating!!

italflyer
February 16th, 2011, 12:12
Suppose you followed the instructions in the sticky "windows 7 install fix"

Try deleting the "uisel.xml" in the appdata folder (not the one in the game folder itself!)

And you sure did run the "multicfs3.exe" as per instructions when installing ETO.

additionally:

under Win 7, CFS3 sometimes doesn't unload from memory when shutting down. When you start up the next time, simply click "no" in the dialog box popping up.

I found out that (on my computer) it helps shutting CFS3 down from within QC or when flying a mission rather than when in the UI. It nearly doesn't happen anymore that CFS3 stays in memory after shutting down.

Cheers

cjcz7
February 16th, 2011, 12:37
i can find the normal CFS3 appdata folder but not the eto one??!

i did run multicfs3 but it said it did not install correctly after it finished

but i have played eto fine on this computer before!!! abd i haven't touched it since

italflyer
February 16th, 2011, 21:52
Try running the multicfs3 as admin.

cjcz7
February 17th, 2011, 09:21
i have completly reinstalled cfs3 from scratch and ran multi cfs3

still nothing....

gamemaster406
February 17th, 2011, 11:39
ETO won't work if you have UAC disabled (sorry if this isn't your question.) I also have Windows 7 and it works ok for me. Also maybe it isn't loading because of something to do with your video card. Try resetting video card to default settings.

italflyer
February 17th, 2011, 11:56
Just a few thoughts:

Are you logged on the computer as admin?

Check the shortcut for your CFS3.EXE if the compatibility is set to "XP SP3" an "run as admin"

Same goes for the shortcust to "CONFIGCFS3.EXE" and "multicfs3.exe"

In ETO, also set the "masteretostartup.bat" to "XP SP3" compatibility.

when running ConfigCFS3go to "file" - "custom settings"
now open "window" then "overrides"
mark "disable intro movie" and "HiResZBuffer"
unmark "dualPassRender"
click "OK"
click "File" and the "exit" (do NOT close with the x in the upper right corner!!)

Try now if CFS3 is running.

cjcz7
February 18th, 2011, 02:58
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
re-enabaling uac worked!!!
only problem is that i now have to manually swap eras, but i can live with that!
thanks to all for the help, very much apreciated!:jump::jump::jump: