PDA

View Full Version : A question about graphics card configuring...

Navy Chief
December 1st, 2008, 18:23
BFG sent me a replacement for my 7800 GTX OC 512 graphics card.

The swap out is a: BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB PCIe 2.0

I am not impressed so far, especially considering what I initially paid for my 7800, and what the 8800 GTs are currently selling for.

But maybe you folks can clue me in as to suggested configurations for FS?

If I can get the settings right, maybe this thing will impress me enough not to call BFG about it........

NC

danimalhanke
December 1st, 2008, 19:45
hey squid!
I've got the same card after having a 7800gt. amazing difference. are you running the latest drivers. if u can post your specs including the bios setting i may be able to help

Buddha13
December 2nd, 2008, 09:28
Hi all,
The 8800 should run rings round your old card.I know this may sound daft but try running it at a higher reslution.These cards really shine at higher resolutions.

Buddha13

Cazzie
December 2nd, 2008, 10:07
Hey Chief, go to the nVidia Forceware site and upload the latest drivers. I have two 8800 GTs card running SLI. For what it's worth, I downloaded and tried the latest Forceware drivers, the 180 series and it screwed up certain programs, among them FSX.:banghead:

I found that the 179.13 drivers work best for my cards and backed up to them. All's fine now.

Get nHancer too, but do not install nHancer until you have install the latest drivers.

Caz

Navy Chief
December 2nd, 2008, 12:40
Thanks for the tips!

NC