PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to fix this?

Captain Kurt
February 15th, 2011, 22:48
This is the Donationware / FDG2 P51B nose. The forward part of the nose section's texture is mapped to just several pixels on the spinner texture map (pointer and circled area). It makes it impossible to paint the spinner color separate from the forward nose section, and the forward nose section can't be detailed to match the rest of the fuselage.

My question is -- is there ANY way to fix this by mapping the nose to another part of the skin .bmp?

Is there anyone who can volunteer to do this for me and any other future painters? I have permission to modify the plane, but I don't know how to do it even if it is possible. :banghead:

Seagull V
February 16th, 2011, 02:04
Hello Captain Kurt

Afraid I can't help, but the Andrew Wai Mustang also had a few mapping issues, especially around the nose spinner, and underneath the nose engine area. The Ju-52 project was also interseting as the top of the fuselages did not quite agree with the roof, and the roof was also a mirror image of the real camo schemes. Advice from fellow members was that a "Scasm-Zen-Master" was needed to fix the problem.

One thing that I have used is the Panel Finder:-
http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/f34-general-tutorials/using-panel-finder-tool-456/
which helps you to locate where things are.

All the best with your Stang project, looking forward to the end result as there are some nice RAAF skins for the Bravo model. :ernae: