PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Counter

Autothrottle
February 15th, 2011, 22:11
Should it really count in the game what a poor shot you might be? Especially in dogfights against jets? The ammo count shows after every mission in the game and shows percentages and bullets used up.

In the war I heard of hundreds of pilots, both allied and axis using up alot of ammo trying to get a kill. Does the ammo usage matter or the kill itself?

ndicki
February 15th, 2011, 22:34
The less ammunition you use up to bring down an enemy a/c, the more you have to have a squirt at the next one. Accurate shooting improves your probability of a kill. Furthermore, given how much it costs in time, effort and manpower to manufacture and give to you, it should be used as sparingly as is consistent with doing the job properly. There is no reason why you can't bring some home with you if it was not needed.

Just because most people squander their ammunition load spraying it all over the place, it doesn't mean you have to.

Mathias
February 15th, 2011, 22:41
The guys with the high scores where known to require just a few rounds to bring down an enemy.
Hans-Joachim Marseilles made an art of it using just a short burst ranging from the engine back into the cockpit.

jaycee
February 16th, 2011, 04:34
The Americans also used the prey and spray method when dogfighting the jets. firing as much as possible in a head on pass, of course with the closing speed this would not take long, but one bullet in the engine of a jet could cause a catastrophic amount of damage.

Autothrottle
February 16th, 2011, 22:26
Thanks you guys!

I appreciate the information. Its good to appreciate the little things in life. This is one of the reasons I love these aircraft so much.