PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME Back, boxcar!

Chacha
February 15th, 2011, 07:59
Hey boxcar,
Welcome back, man!
It is always a pleasure to see you here at SOH!

:wavey:

boxcar
February 15th, 2011, 11:37
Why, thank you, lovely lady! ~smiling~ Most kind. Is good to be back here now.

Been a challenging last year for me, as many of us know themselves through their own life's experiences. Discovering that I am a grandpa... 2 1/2 months after the fact (son estranged by his own choice some dozen+ years ago, having never indicated why to this day); the passing on of my dad 3 weeks later the morning after last year's Super Bowl (being from Indiana, it was suggested that the last interception killed him) with mom following within months; helping to deal with their small estate's affairs & all it involved; moving to the left coast to help my family with everything as well as be closer to my sister in Portland; so very much more. No regrets, as all of it helps to make us the people we are now.

Have always felt as if I am among giants whenever participating here &, in a real sense, it's true. All of you artists, developers, lovers of flight real as well as virtual... it's as if you all are in a vast room together with your necks & heads above the surface of a calm body of water, discussing intellectual matters with ease while I'm working hard just to dog-paddle in keeping my head above the surface. It's a real privilege & honor to get to jump in here & hang with so many FS titans.

Anyhoo, am under no illusions. It's clear that many who first make my acquaintance don't particularly care for me, & that's okay... but once they make the effort & get to know me a little then they really can't stand me! http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif

Remember, Eli, we own a whole page here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?32229-The-Longest-Thread-play-the-Game.../page88 That was fun! Best to you & Hannah. So pleased that you are still here being who you know to be so well: yourself.