PDA

View Full Version : FS KBT Kawasaki T-4.

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 07:09
At Flightsim.com:

<CENTER>FSX - FSX Modern Military </CENTER><CENTER>FSX Kawasaki T-4 Exterior
</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>
Name: kawasaki_t-4_fsx_exterior.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=153768) Size: 49,300,229 Date: 02-14-2011
http://www.flightsim.com/q/kawasaki_t-4_fsx_exterior.gif http://www.flightsim.com/wbicons/fcq1.gif http://www.flightsim.com/wbicons/fbq1.gif FSX Kawasaki T-4 Exterior. Because this model is a model only for FSX, the bump texture and the self shadowing are reproduced. It is data only of the exterior as shown by the file name. 2D panel is misappropriated from old T4 model. Trouble occurs in a part of display like the effect etc. of the light in the preview of direct X10. This model was produced on the assumption of the introduction of SP2. (The display confirmation is not executed in the version before SP1.) By Hiroaki Kubota / Team FS KBT.

No VC If I understand the description correctly but if it's a true FsX native model it can be aliased to another.

:)

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 07:28
Can confirm there's no VC, but a quick count shows ten different models and nine different textures included.

:)

delta_lima
February 14th, 2011, 07:41
Sweet plane - reminds me of the Alphajet.

thanks for the find!

dl

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 13:57
What a nice model, and fun to fly too!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr001.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr005.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr006.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr009.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr010.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr013.jpg

As a VC I'm using the one from Piglet's Mitsubishi T-2, which fits quite well:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/fsscr015-1.jpg

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 14:05
A little how-to on how to merge the VC into this model; first you'll need to download Piglet's Mitsubishi T-2 from SOH or Flightsim.com.
Unpack it, and than copy the T-2_interior.mdl from the T2 model folder to all the 'Kawasaki T-4 FSX Exterior' model folders.
Copy the two .cab files to the FsX\Gauges folder.

Next add the line "interior=T-2_interior" to all 'Kawasaki T-4 FSX Exterior' model.cfg files.

Now copy all texture files from T-2\Texture to the 'Kawasaki T-4 FSX Exterior\texture.common' folder. (You probably don't need all, but I'm too lazy to check which are needed ;) )

Rename the 'Kawasaki T-4 FSX Exterior' panel folder, and copy the T-2 panel folder completely into the T-4.

Finally, open the T-4 aircraft.cfg and edit the viewpoint, which is located just below the [general] section to:

[Views]
eyepoint=17.5, 0.0, 1.75 //pilot

Now go fly!

Bruce Thompson
February 14th, 2011, 15:02
Thanks for the HU on this aircraft, and thank you Ferry_v0 for the help with the VC.
It's a great aircraft and it reminds me of the Alpha also.

Piglet
February 14th, 2011, 18:20
I was gonna make a T-4. Whaaaaaaaa!
Cool trick for using my T-2 VC. Should try the one from my Mitsubishi F-1, as the windshield is more like the T-4's.

SADT
February 14th, 2011, 18:22
What about the VC from Dino's Goshawk? That would fit really well. IMO

simkid22
February 14th, 2011, 19:54
The physical appearance of the T-45 pit is probably the best, however if you want to see what both engines are doing you are out of luck because the Goshawk doesn't have two engins. I completely forgot that the F-1 doesn't have the front window framing. Just put it in and its the best (imo) compromise.

Daube
February 15th, 2011, 00:56
Indeed Piglet's F1 would be a good choice.
Perhaps, the VC of Piglet's F-5 would be good too....

deathfromafar
February 15th, 2011, 01:03
Cool trick for using my T-2 VC. Should try the one from my Mitsubishi F-1, as the windshield is more like the T-4's.

Tim, here's a project idea for you:

Fuji T-1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/T-1B.JPG

Ferry_vO
February 15th, 2011, 02:44

I'm quite sure your list of projects is long enough to keep you occupied with other aircraft. ;)

The procedure would be pretty much the same, but maybe the viewpoint would need some adjusting. Basically picked the T-2 because it's the only FSX twin-engine Japanese trainer with a VC that I know of. ;)

Ferry_vO
February 15th, 2011, 03:39
Quick check, but replacing the T-2's VC with the one from the F-1 works fine, the viewpoint just needs to be moved forwards slightly, from 17.5 to 18.0 or 18.5 maybe.

ryanbatc
February 15th, 2011, 06:47
So where did you guys download the VC?

delta_lima
February 15th, 2011, 07:56
first you'll need to download Piglet's Mitsubishi T-2 from SOH or Flightsim.com. Unpack it, ......

darn fine print ....:)

ryanbatc
February 15th, 2011, 08:10
I didn't even see post #5 lolz

delta_lima
February 15th, 2011, 12:09
:ernae: no worries.

As you can see, if you're going to do the VC adding thing, there's been a few options suggested, not just the T-2.

cheers,

dl

fsafranek
February 15th, 2011, 22:18
Spotted this one this morning and installed it right away. Detail level is quite good and I like the properly sized crew figures. But no VC was a drawback. Glad I spotted this thread tonight. Ferry_vO, thanks much for doing the swap in and sharing the instructions.

Now I just wish the paint kit was layered. A camo version (http://r.gire.free.fr/collection/avions72/kawasaki_t4.htm) would be keen as well.
:ernae:

W. Bleddyn
February 15th, 2011, 23:41
Thanks for the HU on this plane. Great fun!

I noticed that that one of the included versions is based at Hyakuri. There is a freeware version of this airport by FSManiacs if you are interested: (have your browser translate the page and it is straightforward) http://www.fsmaniacs.com/modules/d3downloads/index.php?page=singlefile&cid=9&lid=22

fsafranek
February 16th, 2011, 14:36
Flew this one for a bit this afternoon. Have to say again that the exterior model is just beautiful. Spotted in another forum that the interior will follow soon. If it's anything like the exterior, WOW!

Navy Chief
February 16th, 2011, 16:08
Thanks to the earlier post, I modified things to use Piglet's T-2 VC. Only thing not working are the panel lights. Should they be? Formation and other lights working, but not panel.

NC

Ferry_vO
February 17th, 2011, 00:35
You'll need to copy the appropriate lights section from the aircraft.cfg of the T-2 to the one of the T-4. Forgot about that..

simkid22
February 17th, 2011, 03:32
I love this plane! So i decided to clean up the textures a bit for repainting but got sidetracked when i though about a shark mouth. Depending on the model, its either an angry unicorn or an angry narwhal like below. I can't wait for KBT to finish the VC! :d btw, anyone have any ideas on fictitious repaints for the T-4?

Navy Chief
February 17th, 2011, 04:50
I love the shark's mouth! Cool!

NC

simkid22
February 19th, 2011, 12:21
First fictional repaint is a T-4 on loan to the 445th Flight Test Squadron at Edwards AFB for evaluation, similar training role to the T-37, two seat introductory jet trainer. Smoothie has a new site for his repaints and has kindly allowed my work to be featured there too. Check out the new site, enjoy the repaints! Comments welcome.

http://dropzone-designs.clanteam.com/fsx.html

CG_1976
February 23rd, 2011, 19:19
I love this plane! So i decided to clean up the textures a bit for repainting but got sidetracked when i though about a shark mouth. Depending on the model, its either an angry unicorn or an angry narwhal like below. I can't wait for KBT to finish the VC! :d btw, anyone have any ideas on fictitious repaints for the T-4?

How about a Canadian CT155 please http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?aircraft=British%20Aerospace%20CT-155%20Hawk

fsafranek
February 23rd, 2011, 21:17
How about a Canadian CT155 please
I stumbled across the other day and finally found it again (scroll down to image #3).
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23365&pid=258528&mode=threaded&show=&st=#entry258528

CG_1976
February 23rd, 2011, 21:35
Excellent find Frank:salute:. I would love to see a CT155 as the we really don't have any freeware FSX native CT155 and this one is just right and creative. I actually like the lines and curves on this model, very FPS friendly.

simkid22
February 24th, 2011, 01:31
Decided to take a brake from skinning and test out the WIP, still need to play with the blue and finish the NATO tail marking and chase down some small things like the gear door hinges and the antenna on the back.

simkid22
February 24th, 2011, 01:37
:banghead: I forgot to post the screens of the 445th FTS T-4. Sorry about that.

delta_lima
February 24th, 2011, 06:29
its either an angry unicorn or an angry narwhal like below.

Definitely an angry narwhal - at least that's what I see! :) I think your USAF paint is very "credible", given the goings on there. I had the privilege of visiting Dryden in Sep (should really get around to uploading those photos) and saw a few things that likely were'nt "supposed to be on the tour" - anyway it's creative and well done.

I like the CT-155 scheme on this bird - personal bias aside ( :) ). In reality, I was always a huge fan of the Alphajet, and as a kid, thinking what a capable little trainer that would have made to follow up on the T-bird. I don't believe the CF ever even considered the Alphajet, though. The T-4 certainly reminds me of it, and you've really captured the essence of the real-life Hawk scheme.

This is a lovely model, and I can see a wide range of repaint ideas - thanks for sharing them with us!

dl

CG_1976
February 24th, 2011, 08:38
Indeed the CF did consider the Alpha, but it was a higher cost due to a manufacturer liscense and parts. With the Hawk or Texan you get a lower cost as more are available in supply and demand. The T-4 would make a short list and is lower in cost then a alpha jet. It all boils down to the DND bean counters lol. I like the CT155 scheme on the T-4, wonderful job. Coming from a personal point and doing training at CFB Moosejaw, I found flying the Hawk much better in stability and durability. Also the Hawk can be pressed if needed into a Combat light ground attack role and close in defender.

Simkid22 excellent job on the USAF paint.

delta_lima
February 24th, 2011, 10:08
Indeed the CF did consider the Alpha, but it was a higher cost due to a manufacturer liscense and parts. With the Hawk or Texan you get a lower cost as more are available in supply and demand. The T-4 would make a short list and is lower in cost then a alpha jet. It all boils down to the DND bean counters lol. I like the CT155 scheme on the T-4, wonderful job. Coming from a personal point and doing training at CFB Moosejaw, I found flying the Hawk much better in stability and durability. Also the Hawk can be pressed if needed into a Combat light ground attack role and close in defender.

Simkid22 excellent job on the USAF paint.

Interesting - I didn't know the CF evaluated the Hawk. It could have made a good trainer option in the '80's, but certainly against the updated 115 platform, the much older AJ is a lesser choice in today's world. Furthermore, I can certainly see the export success of the Hawk would create a parts economy against which the Alpha Jet couldn't compete.

In stating your preference for the Hawk, did you get a chance to fly the AJ? As part of Top Aces? Curious to know about it's flight characteristics from someone who was there. Since they won the ICATS contract, we get to see these in Canada after all, albeit not in the traditional training function.

Back to the topic (T-4) at hand, I'd be curious to know why Top Aces selecting the AJ over the T-4.

BTW - and I'm assuming you know this - the AJ can be configured for the light attack role ... and if memory serves, they may even have employed in anti-guerrilla ops during the 90's in Africa - something rings a bell from one of the UNTAG briefings way back ... could be wrong, though.

dl

CG_1976
February 24th, 2011, 10:40
I never flew the AJ, only the CT155 which is the hawk http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/ct155/index-eng.asp and the CT156 http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/ct156/index-eng.asp before being sent to the CC-138. As for the AJ versus the T-4 id say it boils down to National Pride and of course the Bean Counters.

Hum I didn't know know about the AJ be fitted for light attack role. Thank you for that, learn something new today:salute:.

delta_lima
February 24th, 2011, 11:41
You're so right CG.

When I was in, we were just trading our 5/4T Radio Comm vans for the LSVW. In the name of IRB (Industrial Regional Benefit), a massively inferior product was selected (vs Amercian designs produced in Ontario) at a significantly higher price. A more wretched vehicle I have never driven. Thankfully, by then I had CFR'ed and as an officer, spent almost no time driving them, mostly working in the pods in the back. But my troops loathed them with a passion.

Thankfully, though, in the case of our trainers, they seem to be working out well.

Back to the T-4, I'm struck by what appears to be a total, or at least dimished, attempt to export this product. From a nation so so adept at export economics, I'd have thought this plane would have been heavily marketed for the trainer, light attack, COIN, and similar roles for smaller military air arms.

Thankfully, in FS, these possiblities can come to life ...

dl

simkid22
February 24th, 2011, 17:10
May I officially introduce the Canadair CT-154, license built version of the Kawasaki T-4 used for NATO Flight Training in Canada. The download is available by clicking in my signature. Maybe now i'll actually do some JASDF schemes lol

W. Bleddyn
February 24th, 2011, 18:17
That looks really good. Thank you! :salute:

noddy
February 24th, 2011, 23:27
I think it's time to pick this beauty up, great work on the skins guys.

delta_lima
February 25th, 2011, 07:56
May I officially introduce the Canadair CT-154, license built version of the Kawasaki T-4 used for NATO Flight Training in Canada. The download is available by clicking in my signature. Maybe now i'll actually do some JASDF schemes lol

LOL - awesome repaint!!

Yes, the JASDF has some superb schemes, and she deserves so good "domestic" treatment.

Thanks for all your work.

dl

fsafranek
February 25th, 2011, 21:39
Just uploaded a couple Japanese Air Self Defense Force repaints.
These are from 31 and 32 Kyoiku Hikotai of 1 Kokudan (31st and
32nd TSQ of 1st Air Wing) based at Hamamatsu AB (RJNH) in
south-east Japan. This is the main training base that uses the
T-4. Both units have the yellow/black checkerboard tails with a
color line below (red or blue) to designate the squadron.
Hope you like. :salute:

32311 32312

CG_1976
September 11th, 2011, 21:08

Is this RCAF paint available anywhere please?

simkid22
September 11th, 2011, 22:21
Is this RCAF paint available anywhere please?

Just uploaded it here.

AndyG43
September 11th, 2011, 23:05
Back to the topic (T-4) at hand, I'd be curious to know why Top Aces selecting the AJ over the T-4.

Nothing like answering a question 7 months later! :icon_lol:

Simple answer; cost & availability. The Luftwaffe took them out of service, and sold them off very cheaply to avoid the costs of storage; some went to Portugal, to Thailand, Qinetiq in the UK took some for trials support, 3 went to the Flying Bulls, some (reportedly) went to the UAE and others are available for the civilian market. The T-4 is a current aircraft, and Top Aces would presumably have had to pay market rates for them.

CG_1976
September 11th, 2011, 23:08
I'm still trying to figure out how to merge Dino's T45 VC?

lazarus
September 12th, 2011, 09:46
Try Tims T-2- Japanese cockpit, twin engine. Everthing here, make sure you copy the T2 interior model to the model folders, model configs and aircraft config are edited already, replace the panel folder with this one here. And; 'cause I'm that kind of guy, there is a alpha issue RAAF Tennix/Kawasaki T-4 Wagtail LIFT- a wip, as I must get back to it at some point and do some High-viz versions.
The T-4 is certainly a capable trainer/light attack aircraft, but Japanese constitutional prohibitions make it pretty tough to export military hardware. One other reason for the popularity of the Hawk is the excess of capacity designed in at the outset to allow for growth, where as the Alpha jet has always been a bit 'tight around the middle'- the Holly cartoon of a RAF driver placing a 'this space for let' sign on the fusilage of his Hawk come to mind (Highly risable Timpkins! Been reading our Braybooke again?). One of the reasons I was appaled at the purchase of S-92's for the CF- its a bloated Blackhawk with very little growth left in it without a new (expensive) dynamic system, as well as another type in inventory to dulute the operating budget- assuming they even get the verdamned thing into service before anti-gravity becomes commonplace!

FSX68
September 13th, 2011, 15:55
[QUOTE=lazarus;626302]Try Tims T-2- Japanese cockpit, twin engine. Everthing here, make sure you copy the T2 interior model to the model folders, model configs and aircraft config are edited already, replace the panel folder with this one here.

So I don't need to copy any files from the T2 folder yes? Also, in your copy to model folders there is a file called T2-Interior.mdl, where does that go?

I must of missed something or copied something to the wrong folder cause
when I fired up FSX and picked one of the T4 Thumbnails I got a not avail notice
and then the screen went black and then FSX crashed and reloaded.

I don't see any gauges or effect folders are they not needed?

Thanks.

FSX68
September 13th, 2011, 16:43
You'll need to copy the appropriate lights section from the aircraft.cfg of the T-2 to the one of the T-4. Forgot about that..

OK now why am I getting a dark cockpit?

lazarus
September 13th, 2011, 17:29
remove the exsisting panel folder and replace with the new one; the gauges are in it.
copy the interior model to each of the new T-4 model folders. The new model folders have an edited model configuration file, but no model files to keep the size down. copy or move the model folders, click yes to merge folders and overwrite- back up first. Edit the new config file by copying/paste of the [fltsim.xx] sections from your aircraft config to the new config file, check for corect numbering- the new config file has the adjusted eyepoints. Copy and merge the shared texture folder to the T-4 install and overwrite- that has the VC textures in. I'll bet that you have the light effect file allready installed, if not, its in most of Tim's models. You DON'T have piglets T-2 and F-1?? What in the heck do you do supersonic training on? Kidding! But do try those two out.
Effects are unchanged . Clear Skies

FSX68
September 14th, 2011, 15:58
remove the exsisting panel folder and replace with the new one; the gauges are in it.
copy the interior model to each of the new T-4 model folders. The new model folders have an edited model configuration file, but no model files to keep the size down. copy or move the model folders, click yes to merge folders and overwrite- back up first. Edit the new config file by copying/paste of the [fltsim.xx] sections from your aircraft config to the new config file, check for corect numbering- the new config file has the adjusted eyepoints. Copy and merge the shared texture folder to the T-4 install and overwrite- that has the VC textures in. I'll bet that you have the light effect file allready installed, if not, its in most of Tim's models. You DON'T have piglets T-2 and F-1?? What in the heck do you do supersonic training on? Kidding! But do try those two out.
Effects are unchanged . Clear Skies

I really hate to be a pest but I feel that I have followed you directions and
still get a dark cockpit. I got a good copy of the T2 and started the above processes.
Yet I still am having problems cracking this nut.
What makes me feel bad is that the others on this thread have been successful
and I'm still here twisting in the wind (so to speak). I think there is not too
much to read between your lines of instruction so I don't know where I went
wrong.

FSX68
September 14th, 2011, 16:38
Well after twiddeling with a few files in the T4 panel I managed to see a
real cockpit. There must of been some misunderstanding on my part
in the directions between what to do with the T-2 and T-4 panels.

Thanks for all the time and help you have provided.

lazarus
September 14th, 2011, 19:00
Give me a bit to set up a sendspace, and I'll upload the complete modified file. Thats often a better way to do things...uh.. watch this space, latter tonight. We'll get it figured out. Edit. Duh-oh. You got it....good. Where was the glitch?

FSX68
September 15th, 2011, 03:57
Give me a bit to set up a sendspace, and I'll upload the complete modified file. Thats often a better way to do things...uh.. watch this space, latter tonight. We'll get it figured out. Edit. Duh-oh. You got it....good. Where was the glitch?

Somewhere in the panel folder. I don't remember exactly what I did.

I was either adding/removing or adjusting files in the panel folder of the T4 after
doing your merged files and was trying to fix that black cockpt. I think I removed
a file or two from the T4 panel file and fired up the T4 and there was the cockpit
like it should be. Got lucky I guess.