PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Urgently!

zeke
December 1st, 2008, 16:29
Suddenly some parts of one of my P-47s (The only P-47 that appears like this but I don't know if any other plane does) is becoming transparent and flicking (see image). What tha hell is this???? All was well and I have it installed for more then two years. What is happening??? Need assistance!!!

Zeke

DauntlessDriver546
December 1st, 2008, 17:20
You're flying a new breed of Thunderbolt... a phantom plane! LOL

I know...:bs: on me, but I thought I might make some humor...

I can't help ya bro; good luck though!

bearcat241
December 1st, 2008, 18:33
...What tha hell is this???? All was well and I have it installed for more then two years. What is happening??? ...

Have you tried simply reinstalling it again to refresh and defragment the textures?

Devildog73
December 1st, 2008, 19:08
You don't like your new Klingon cloaking device settings?????:costumes:

On the old SOH, there was a thread about DXT settings in the CFS2.cfg. I wonder if those would help you?

Perhaps our painters can guide you to the source.

OBIO
December 1st, 2008, 20:02
Have you updated/changed the video drivers, replaced the video card, or made any major changes to your system lately? It looks like some of the polygons on the model are not showing as opposed to a DXT setting problem.

Try a reinstall of the aircraft to see if that fixes the problem. If not, check your video drivers and DirectX files to make sure they have not changed or been corrupted in some way.

OBIO

bearcat241
December 1st, 2008, 20:10
If this were a hardware, graphics driver or DX problem it would happen with every CFS2 model carrying textures in the same format as this P-47. My impression is that its isolated to this one model. He did say that its been a long while since it was installed and i'm curious as to when was the last time you defragged the resident drive Zeke? A severely fragged hard drive can yield some amazing problems in gameplay...:kilroy:

zeke
December 2nd, 2008, 01:29
Didn't do any of those things. The system is fairly new (not even two years old - ACER Aspire T160 AMD 64 Dual Core) and everything is standard. Graphic board is NVIDIA GEForce 7300 SE. Didn't defrag the disk or compressed it. I've tried other planes and they look ok. I already reinstalled this P-47 and the problem remains. I haven't tried all my installed AC (more then 300) but perhaps it's too many for one single installation. Any ideas?

Zeke

Shessi
December 2nd, 2008, 02:15
Hi Zeke,
Is this a converted Fs2004 ac? What format are the texs in?

Back-up the texs to a safe place. Then open the original texs and re-save them as Extended 16 bit 565.

I think that it's just this ac still has texs that have not been converted and it's the alpha or shine channels that are causing the probs.

Cheers Shessi