PDA

View Full Version : Texan Kangaroo Citation

Aztec
February 12th, 2011, 18:04
I thought this scheme was too good to pass up. The real-life aircraft is the later Citation Bravo with updated avionics and engines, but for repainting purposes the differences are negligable.

I know it sounds a little philosophical, but I much more enjoyed repainting an aircraft that brings help to those who need it.

I'm not sure on the legalities of uploading this one anywhere since the logos etc are copyrighted; any advice on this would be appreciated.

Trans_23
February 12th, 2011, 19:16
I think as long as you don't make money from it then you are fine. If they have a problem with it I sure they would ask nicely to have it removed.

Good job on the paint BTW.

VPL Paolo Lao
February 14th, 2011, 09:27
Nice paint job :salute:

Desert Rat
February 14th, 2011, 10:31
I'm not sure on the legalities of uploading this one anywhere since the logos etc are copyrighted; any advice on this would be appreciated.

I'm sure that if this was a problem we wouldn't have a single tubeliner that was painted in a RL scheme, they would all be FS style fictional ones, Orbit, etc.

looking good, shame I don't have this one though,
Jamie

Aztec
February 15th, 2011, 23:32
I'm sure that if this was a problem we wouldn't have a single tubeliner that was painted in a RL scheme, they would all be FS style fictional ones, Orbit, etc.

True JD, I didn't really look at it that way - if anyone was going to get litigious over these things surely the airlines would be all over it!

fsafranek
February 16th, 2011, 07:45
True JD, I didn't really look at it that way - if anyone was going to get litigious over these things surely the airlines would be all over it!
Back in 1999 American Airlines decided that using their logo was not allowed even on repaints. You had to apply to their attorneys before releasing anything.

As I recall it had to do with some add-on vender (Papa Tango?) signing an agreement giving them exclusive rights to the AA logo and colors for Flightsim use. So some of the download portals got letters from AA attorneys telling them to pull the files. (http://www.flightsim.com/main/blt/aa-ban.htm (http://www.flightsim.com/main/blt/aa-ban.htm)) Which they did. You couldn't find an AA repaint anywhere at Flightsim.com. They might have been targeted because of their First Class membership that cost money. I think Avsim was spared but I don't recall. They hosted Project Freeware who always included an AA version in their various series.

Obviously that isn't the case now because you can find AA repaints all over the place but it was a big deal back in the day.
:ernae: