PDA

View Full Version : For smokers only: wanna recycle those old BIC lighters?

Cazzie
February 12th, 2011, 06:43
And I thought I was a modeler! :icon_lol:

http://www.inewidea.com/2011/01/15/36096.html

Bone
February 12th, 2011, 07:00
Very creative.

OleBoy
February 12th, 2011, 08:44
Tell me that guy didn't watch transformers cartoons. I wonder if they've added tires to it yet..lol

Piglet
February 13th, 2011, 00:40
BIC lighters do come in handy!
1/35 scale Bren Gun Carrier. Springs came from Bic lighters.31018

Stratobat
February 13th, 2011, 01:06
Hey Piglet,

BIC lighters do come in handy!

So do cigarette butts... Built a hill out of them for a diorama a good few years ago... Think there were over 300-400 butts all in all.

Nice Bren Gun Carrier :cool:

Regards,
Stratobat

Mickey D
February 22nd, 2011, 09:29
Hey Piglet,

So do cigarette butts... Built a hill out of them for a diorama a good few years ago... Think there were over 300-400 butts all in all.

Nice Bren Gun Carrier :cool:

Regards,
Stratobat

Phew! Bet it "niffed" a bit.

TARPSBird
February 22nd, 2011, 11:13
I think most modelers have a stash of "Hey, I can use this for something" stuff that they keep on hand for future projects. Ya don't see too many non-modeler people keeping toothpaste caps to use for garbage cans on their dioramas or train layouts. :)

Stratobat
February 22nd, 2011, 21:15
Hey Mickey,

Phew! Bet it "niffed" a bit.

It was quite bad while gluing everything together (I don't smoke) but once it was built the smell wasn't all that bad.

The whole lot was glued together with wood glue and then encased in plaster of paris.

Regards,
Stratobat

Daveroo
February 23rd, 2011, 08:20
when i was still building models...i saved all kinds of things...my folks went to my apartment one time while i was on a camping trip to help me ..or so they thought...i was a single male,alone in an apartment..it was clean but messy...anyway...my mom threw away everything i had been collecting for several years for my models and dioramas.......and threw away a work in progress i had ...she thought it was just a mess on a board,,,,,,,,arrrg,,,,thats the problem with a family of people with no vision..only see whats in front of them...no imagination

hae5904
February 23rd, 2011, 08:36
....darn, I just quit smoking recently.

:icon_lol:

Stratobat
February 23rd, 2011, 08:52
Hey Daveroo,

and threw away a work in progress i had ...she thought it was just a mess on a board,,,

Sounds like a familiar story... I almost lost an Airfix Avro Anson wing to the garbage bin a couple of days ago :greenf:

Regards,
Stratobat