PDA

View Full Version : Been thinking about getting the Due South collection on DVD...opinions?

Craig Taylor
December 1st, 2008, 12:25
"Due South - The Ultimate Collection" on DVD. Amazon has it for $15.99, and says it's all the episodes. Does anyone have this, and is it a good set? I have fond memories of watching it years ago but don't want to be disappointed. Thanks in advance.

Joe P
December 1st, 2008, 12:58
Sounds like a good choice to me, I also loved watching that show!

Buddha13
December 2nd, 2008, 09:24
Hi all,
My wife has got me the complete Babylon 5 box set for Christmas.it includes all the films and the series Crusade.
I will disappear into my den for several weeks.they can just push food and drink underneath the door...lol.
Must admit I like what I saw of Due South.But it was always on when i was going out.

Buddha13

Craig Taylor
December 2nd, 2008, 11:54
I thought Bab5 was one of the best-written and -produced sci-fi shows to hit the small screen. :ernae: I loved it when little things from past seasons would suddenly take on new significance. I'm going to have to take a look at that myself. :applause:

voyager
December 2nd, 2008, 12:06
We don't have that set. We do have seperately boxed seasons 1, 2 and 3 that we got from Barnes and Noble. A total of 68 episodes (including the 2 part pilot however they count that). We also have the 2 part Due South Call of the Wild. A total of 12 disks. If it really is the "ultimate" collection it should have all of the above.

Price is a lot better than what we paid for ours.

voyager

Craig Taylor
December 2nd, 2008, 12:35
We don't have that set. We do have seperately boxed seasons 1, 2 and 3 that we got from Barnes and Noble. A total of 68 episodes (including the 2 part pilot however they count that). We also have the 2 part Due South Call of the Wild. A total of 12 disks. If it really is the "ultimate" collection it should have all of the above.

Price is a lot better than what we paid for ours.

voyager

Assuming that what Amazon has is just a combined packaging, were you happy with the quality (picture, sound, etc.)?

voyager
December 2nd, 2008, 12:58
Picture quality is very good, no stutters or freezes so far. Haven't watched them all yet. Considering that I have lost a lot of my upper range hearing sound quality is something I can't really comment other than it sounds okay to me.

voyager

Dain Arns
December 2nd, 2008, 14:13
"Due South - The Ultimate Collection" on DVD. Amazon has it for $15.99, and says it's all the episodes. Does anyone have this, and is it a good set? I have fond memories of watching it years ago but don't want to be disappointed. Thanks in advance.

That's an excellent price for a great quality show. I'm into Season Two right now again. Some very nitpicky people have complained about the video quality. Looks just as good as it was filmed in the 1990's. We didn't have HiDef yet. Get it. They just don't make good shows like this anymore.

Constable Benton Fraser and Dief would both be proud to know you got such a wonderful deal. :icon_lol:

Snuffy
December 2nd, 2008, 14:22
"Due South" ??

Is that kind of an opposite show of ...

"Norhtern Exposure"??

:wavey:

Craig Taylor
December 2nd, 2008, 14:48
"Due South" ??

"Norhtern Exposure"??

I think it was a fair trade! :costumes:

Dain and Voyager, I appreciate the feedback. I'm off to break out the plastic!

Dain Arns
December 2nd, 2008, 14:52
"Due South" ??

"Norhtern Exposure"??

Well, no. While both was about a person out of their elements, and both shows had fantastic music, "Due South" was more of a "Cop Show". But it had really great dialog between Paul Gross who played Constable Benton Fraser of the R.C.M.P., and David Marciano who was Ray Vecchio of the Chicago P.D.

And showing that you could still be polite, honorable, and well mannered to the world, despite the ugliness of today, was its big charm. It is just such a nice, laid back, wonderfully entertaining show. It features a lot of inside jokes from the old Mountie movies and T.V. shows as well. It was kinda like a modern day Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, and his lead dog King. :icon_lol:

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love "Northern Exposure" as well. But both could be considered fruit, yes. One was definitely an orange and the other an apple, however, but equally tasty.

Snuffy
December 2nd, 2008, 15:35
Actually I haven't watched either one so I can't say Dain. Thanks for the reviews.