PDA

View Full Version : Pedals...Which brand?

Aussie Pilot
December 1st, 2008, 12:18
Guy's I know this has been asked many times before but i have to ask again because it's been suggested that everyone in my family may chip in and get me some pedals for chrsitmas... sounds great aye.

So which brand? I have been reading up a bit between the CH Pro and the Saitech, seems much of a muchness although the Saitech one's seem cheaper.
I have seen the Saitech one's as cheap as 67 pounds but they both range from about 80 pounds to 110 pounds.

What are your thoughts ?

tenspeed
December 1st, 2008, 13:24
I have the CH peddles and like them. I've had them for 4 or 5 years now. I can't say anything about the others as I've never had anything else. If the quality is the same and they're a bit cheaper in price I'd say go with the better deal. The only problem you may have is any compatability issues. All my stuff is CH so I've never run into any problems.

willy spaten
December 1st, 2008, 16:06
Hi aussie pilot,
ditto tenspeeds comment, I dont have knowledge of the other pedals you mentioned-- however, they may be a great deal.
Ive had CH pedals/ and stick for about 3 years+-- both have been reliable with no probs to date. -willy

Murray Cod
December 2nd, 2008, 03:40
I've got CH pedals -plus yoke, fighterstick and throttle quad. I ilke them, but I have to tie them to my chair otherwise they tend to slip away on the carpet (and yes, my floor is level :costumes:).

ndicki
December 2nd, 2008, 08:18
I have the Saitek pedals - they are very good, with an adjustable-size footplate and adjustable tension spring, and I wonder if the pedals themselves are not a bit further apart than the CH ones? Anyway, they also have toe-brakes and are fully compatible with the X-52 stick and throttle, so you are guaranteed no conflicts. Easy to install and set up. Good kit.