PDA

View Full Version : FS9 Weirdness..

middle
February 9th, 2011, 12:47
30756307553075430753These shots I had placed in another thread....this is by far one of the strangest things i've seen in FS9. Seems that a round building (a mosque? Perhaps a convention center?) has been placed right in the middle of the Seattle/Tacoma Airport along with a Moi Statue from Easter Island. Obviously it came from some scenry I installed but I have no idea which one. Has anyine else seen anything like this? I have never messed with creating bgl files so honest guys, this is not a joke....

middle
February 9th, 2011, 14:40
I found it....it'as actually the terminal from the Default Indira Gandhi Airport by a guy named
ashish singh . Me-thinks he may be a prankster...

Z-claudius24
February 9th, 2011, 15:25
Hi,

Prank .. ? or bad install instead ? :jump:

middle
February 9th, 2011, 15:32
ZI don't think it was my install....I can't figure any way that it could have happened w/o the building being attached to a bgl at KSEA....but, I'm not discounting the possibilty that I somehow screwed up.....

aeromed202
February 9th, 2011, 17:10
Is this how hyperspace jumps get started?

Motormouse
February 10th, 2011, 00:34
Seen this before...I posted a reply in the other thread

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?49603-Out-of-Available-Memory.&p=549412&viewfull=1#post549412

ttfn

Pete

Mick
February 12th, 2011, 05:23
When someone creates a bgl file that calls up objects for display in FS, those objects need file names for FS to identify them. Since any number of people with the same or different software are creating these objects all the time, and their computers aren't connected in any way, the only way to prevent duplicate file names is for the software to assign those incredibly long, randomized, gazillion character file names that we see for objects if we open and read a bgl file.

Supposedly those file names are so long that the chances of two people's software assigning the same file name to different objects is so low that the statistical probability of it happening within the anticipated lifetime of the universe approaches zero. The chances of it happening within the lifetime of FS9 of any of its users is a minuscule fraction of that. It should never happen. Never ever. Supposedly...

Hah!

I believe we've seen it happen at least twice before, and I think this is the third time.

We've seen ships aground at an airport in the Israeli desert, we've seen jetways floating in the water among the ships of the VN's TF16 and my CarDiv2 variation of it, and now we have this instance.

People forget that even if the statistical chances of something happening are so low that it will only happen once ever, in the whole lifetime of the universe, the chances are just as good that the single occurrence will happen today as any other time.

You have two sceneries conflicting in a way that's not supposed to happen. You know what one of them is, the one where you took those screenies. The fix is to figure out which other scenery you have is the other half of the conflict, and when you're going to fly around one of them, inactivate the other one in the FS9 scenery library.

Hint: if you frequently fly around the scenery where you took the screenies, and the anomaly just appeared recently, then the conflicting scenery must be a recent addition to your FS world.