PDA

View Full Version : F6F Hellcat, RealFlight

vstudios
December 1st, 2008, 11:40
Hi all, as you know we will be releasing the F6F-3 and F6F-5 with 12 paintschemes, below you will see the full list that will hopefully wet your taste buds :)

http://www.realflight.co.uk/f6f_paintset.png

Anneke
December 1st, 2008, 12:20
Very nice! Any proposed ETA?

vstudios
December 1st, 2008, 12:45
Very nice! Any proposed ETA?

Hi Anneke, release date is set for the 8th of December.

Anneke
December 1st, 2008, 13:32
Wow i'm really looking forward to this one!! Nice companion for the P-51 in MP

sparouty
December 1st, 2008, 13:46
Hi everybody!
I'm waiting for your beautyfull Hellcat with a lot of excitation!! :jump:
But may i correct a little mistake : the GC II/9 Auvergne was a french air force unit that served during Indochina war, not a french navy squadron...

But I'd love to have a 11F french navy flottilla paint scheme with your release (http://www.flottille11f.org/nuke/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=47)...

Good luck!
Sylvain

vstudios
December 1st, 2008, 14:17
oops, we'll look into it, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Cobra8472
December 1st, 2008, 14:58
Hi everybody!
I'm waiting for your beautyfull Hellcat with a lot of excitation!! :jump:
But may i correct a little mistake : the GC II/9 Auvergne was a french air force unit that served during Indochina war, not a french navy squadron...

But I'd love to have a 11F french navy flottilla paint scheme with your release (http://www.flottille11f.org/nuke/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=47)...

Good luck!
Sylvain

Heh, I just knew I was taking a wrong turn there when I added 'French Navy' to the name- but in my defense, it was 5 am :costumes:

Thanks for noticing, hope you enjoy her!
EDIT: Also note that F6F-5/F6F-3 is noted multiple times in the descriptions, also fixed ;) Enough disclaimers, hehe :)

BananaBob
December 1st, 2008, 15:16
Man that is one sharp Hellcat, must have for sure for kitty lovers! :applause::applause::applause:

Craig Taylor
December 1st, 2008, 17:29
Meow! :ernae:

MCDesigns
December 1st, 2008, 17:55
:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

wildcat400
December 1st, 2008, 20:33
Hi all, as you know we will be releasing the F6F-3 and F6F-5 with 12 paintschemes, below you will see the full list that will hopefully wet your taste buds :)

http://www.realflight.co.uk/f6f_paintset.png

Do you happen to have any screen shots of the cockpit?

Panther_99FS
December 1st, 2008, 20:40
Have you folks noticed detail on the pilot figure :ques: :applause:

Cobra8472
December 2nd, 2008, 03:50
Do you happen to have any screen shots of the cockpit?

There were some new screenshots posted on our forums a few days ago, with cockpit shots :D

http://www.dackard-3d.com/rf2/screenshot1.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/rf2/screenshot2.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/rf2/screenshot3.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/rf2/screenshot4.jpg
http://www.dackard-3d.com/rf2/screenshot5.jpg

stiz
December 2nd, 2008, 04:05
must admit, i prefered the "old" gauges :engel016:

LCBORDEN
December 2nd, 2008, 04:24
I'm gonna be in so much trouble with the missus! She thought Warbirdsims Mustang was this years game purchase. Hmmmmmm, I'll have to pull an Obie Wan kanobi mind trick on her. "you Don't see this purchase" "You don't see this purchase" The Hellcat is one of my all time favorites so I'm looking forward to this release with great anticipation. Hey Craig Taylor, nice pic of Sgt. Dan Daly Two time recipient of the Medal of Honor. Old China service Marines must have had some huge gahones.

Ol' Jarhead :wiggle::wavey:

MudMarine
December 2nd, 2008, 05:39
Damn............drool, drool.......Christmas and payday........can't believe I might have to wait........Damn! She's one of the birds I've been dreaming of! Now all we need is a WildKitty and a Hog!

stiz
December 2nd, 2008, 06:09
and i can assure you mud both are on the way :173go1:

MudMarine
December 2nd, 2008, 06:15
VERY good new brother Stiz!!:applause::jump:

GT182
December 2nd, 2008, 08:03
Have you folks noticed detail on the pilot figure :ques: :applause:

Haven't seen any up close screenshots the pilot yet. Have you got a link to some screenshots Panther?

Cobra8472
December 2nd, 2008, 08:36
A few quick shots. Tried to get the closest view of the pilot for ya :)

http://www.dackard-3d.com/pilot1.jpg

http://www.dackard-3d.com/pilot2.jpg

http://www.dackard-3d.com/pilot3.jpg

vstudios
December 2nd, 2008, 14:35
Hi all,
We've now also added the Aircrafts feature list which can be found here: http://www.realflight.co.uk/hellcat.php

MudMarine
December 2nd, 2008, 15:19
VERY impressive pilot figure!!:applause:

Mithrin
December 3rd, 2008, 02:20
P-51, nice, P-47, nice nice, P-38, not too shabby...but the Hellcat. Just look at her kill ratio. Ruler of the Pacific. Can' t wait to fly this one!

stiz
December 3rd, 2008, 02:22
but the Hellcat. Just look at her kill ratio.

but look what she was shooting at ;)

vstudios
December 3rd, 2008, 13:07
Heres a quick update after we took 2 kitties up to do some sight seeing :icon_lol:

Scratch
December 3rd, 2008, 14:19
Outstanding!!!! I love the sharpness of the canopy frame. The rest of it is a beautiful piece of work also:applause:

MCDesigns
December 3rd, 2008, 15:19
Sweet! can't wait for this one! :ernae:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 3rd, 2008, 15:42
Every time i take a ride i notice something new , today was the degree
the cockpit gives me a three dimentional look and feel , like in this shot over my sholder looking at Dean i was amazed at the depth of field .

N2056
December 3rd, 2008, 16:19
Chuck, that's really cool. :ernae:

vstudios
December 4th, 2008, 02:48
Hopefully today we'll be putting up some carrier landing shots from myself and chuck..

vstudios
December 4th, 2008, 05:09
Does anyone know if there was any Hellcats based in england.

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 06:37
but look what she was shooting at ;)

Ya, shooting at things that shoot back! And that after you've flown hours over an empty sea and got to land on a moving object that looks about the size of a dime in the huge wave tossed ocean. Then forget about liberty your stuck on board ship no women, very little hooch. Oh, and don't forgett the massively comfortable living conditions! But other than that; the ETO pilots did get to shoot at "real" airplanes not those pathetic zero's!:costumes: Hint, hint just joking, in a way:rolleyes::)!

stiz
December 4th, 2008, 07:40
Ya, shooting at things that shoot back! And that after you've flown hours over an empty sea and got to land on a moving object that looks about the size of a dime in the huge wave tossed ocean. Then forget about liberty your stuck on board ship no women, very little hooch. Oh, and don't forgett the massively comfortable living conditions! But other than that; the ETO pilots did get to shoot at "real" airplanes not those pathetic zero's!:costumes: Hint, hint just joking, in a way:rolleyes::)!

didnt mean it like that, just ment it shot at planes which went boom easily compared to others that the p51, p47 and most p38s shot at :wavey:

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 08:21
didnt mean it like that, just ment it shot at planes which went boom easily compared to others that the p51, p47 and most p38s shot at :wavey:

:icon_lol: I know Stiz! Just taking a jab at those who like to forget about the war in the PTO. Sorry, I have a strange way of making a point sometimes!:wiggle:

SkippyBing
December 4th, 2008, 08:25
Does anyone know if there was any Hellcats based in england.

Yes, from a quick check of my sources there was a training squadron at RNAS Eglinton (Northern Ireland), individual aircraft based at RAE Boscombe Down for trials as part of C Squadron, the Naval Fighter School at RNAS Yeovilton was equipped with a number and RNAS Ford had a number of squadrons at the end of and post war (I think a night fighter squadron 891 or 892 and 888 the photo-recon squadron).
If you contact the Fleet Air Arm Museum they should have more details.

vstudios
December 4th, 2008, 09:27
Yes, from a quick check of my sources there was a training squadron at RNAS Eglinton (Northern Ireland), individual aircraft based at RAE Boscombe Down for trials as part of C Squadron, the Naval Fighter School at RNAS Yeovilton was equipped with a number and RNAS Ford had a number of squadrons at the end of and post war (I think a night fighter squadron 891 or 892 and 888 the photo-recon squadron).
If you contact the Fleet Air Arm Museum they should have more details.

The more details the better for our planned expansion pack, if we get enough detailed info then the expansion pack will begin.

Marlin
December 4th, 2008, 19:16
Amazing work folks :applause::ernae::applause:

MudMarine
December 4th, 2008, 19:57
Only four more days!!:applause::jump:

Lawman
December 6th, 2008, 05:00
Any "clean" models included (meaning no bombs/rockets):redf:?

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 6th, 2008, 05:07
The Kitty is set up so your able to use the payload selection window to add or remove the rockets , bombs and droptank on any version .

Lawman
December 7th, 2008, 01:29
Thanks for the info, Chuck:ernae:.

vstudios
December 7th, 2008, 12:11
The release is all set for Monday 1800 hrs GMT :jump:

MudMarine
December 7th, 2008, 12:31
:jump::ernae::applause::jump::ernae::applause::ern ae::jump::applause:

BananaBob
December 7th, 2008, 13:47
Yut Yut Yut! Blood makes the grass grow! (sorry, Marine flashback) LOL :applause::applause::applause:

Craig Taylor
December 8th, 2008, 09:23
The release is all set for Monday 1800 hrs GMT :jump:

So, is it out, and has anyone purchased it yet? I'm at work and won't be able to until I get home.

:bump:

Roger
December 8th, 2008, 09:31
Nope the magic blue "buy" button isn't functional yet.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 10:11
-sits clicking on Buy button-

Nothing yet.:costumes:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 10:16
Should be ready to DL later tonight. 1800hrs GMT is right around 2400 EST, I think, add about 6 hours or so?

hews500d
December 8th, 2008, 10:18
1800 hours GMT should be 1300 Eastern I think.....

Darrell

Craig Taylor
December 8th, 2008, 10:22
Should be ready to DL later tonight. 1800hrs GMT is right around 2400 EST, I think, add about 6 hours or so?

Try the other direction, Mud.

EST is GMT -5 hrs, I believe. :mixedsmi:

vstudios
December 8th, 2008, 10:24
Hi guys we're testing the installer now.. shouldnt be too much longer

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 10:26
Try the other direction, Mud.

EST is GMT -5 hrs, I believe. :mixedsmi:

:costumes: I was right, just the wrong way!:costumes: It's -6 according to the website it just visited.

Craig Taylor
December 8th, 2008, 10:28
Hi guys we're testing the installer now.. shouldnt be too much longer

:applause::applause::applause:

OK, no crashing the server until I get home! :costumes:

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 10:31
:costumes: I was right, just the wrong way!:costumes: It's -6 according to the website it just visited.

This is why the Navy has to deliver them devil dogs right to the enemy's shores to fight. They would get lost otherwise. :costumes:

stiz
December 8th, 2008, 10:35

well actually its either -5, -6, -7 and -9, i've yet to find someone whos -8 hrs behind me, then you've got to rember if its DST or not, ahhhh the fun of it all :costumes:

Craig Taylor
December 8th, 2008, 10:37
I think Mud's right (in his 2nd post). I'm probably using EDT conversion. Whoops! :redf:

Cobra8472
December 8th, 2008, 10:45
Over here in Sweden we are currently approaching 20.45 hours- which is GMT +1.

Therefore it is roughly 19.45 hours, I believe :costumes:

vstudios
December 8th, 2008, 13:23
Dont worry we're still testing the installer and should be ready shortly, sorry for the delay -

I guess these things happen :banghead:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 13:44
Dont worry we're still testing the installer and should be ready shortly, sorry for the delay -

I guess these things happen :banghead:

Don't they always!:costumes:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 13:46
This is why the Navy has to deliver them devil dogs right to the enemy's shores to fight. They would get lost otherwise. :costumes:

We just want the Navy to feel like they can do something useful!:costumes:

Scratch
December 8th, 2008, 15:42
We just want the Navy to feel like they can do something useful!:costumes:

Yea, they cook good too!:wiggle:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 15:49
Better than C-Rats or MRE's that's for sure!!

BananaBob
December 8th, 2008, 15:50

Yummy, Squid is good, LOL :costumes:

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 15:56
Heathens!:costumes:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 16:33
Heathens!:costumes:

That's the worst you can say about us? Then you don't know Marines very well!!:costumes:

PS When is this plane going to be release!! Jeez

RCAF_Gunner
December 8th, 2008, 16:38
OK, this part worries me:

Payment options will be presented within the installer. The F6F Hellcat will be broken down in (2) parts, #1 Main package and #2 Paintschemes. The purpose of this is for those that are without high speed broadband.
In order to install this product an internet connection is required !

having had to deal with some of the Captain Sim complications of re-installs after having changed hard drives, upgraded to a new computer, etc...

So, once you've done the payment part in the downloaded installer, do you get a permanently enabled installer? If not, then how many reinstalls are you allowed and/or what other hoops have to be jumped through should you decide to move FS onto a new system or you upgrade your HD, etc?

Thanks.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 17:37
That's the worst you can say about us? Then you don't know Marines very well!!:costumes:

It's a family board here. Can't quote the CPOs here. :costumes:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 17:37
Good questions Gunner! I always save my DL's to a disk.

Scratch
December 8th, 2008, 18:00
Aw hell...........I gotta go to bed. I reckon I'll get it tomorrow:kilroy:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 19:56
Ya, this sucks!! I should get a free'bee after all the time I put in waiting for that damn download button to work! I feel like the kid that didn't get what he wanted for Christmas!:costumes:

BananaBob
December 8th, 2008, 20:24

I thought it was a compliment. :friday::icon_lol:

MudMarine
December 8th, 2008, 20:41

That's true but we're much much worse than normal people can imagine!!

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 02:11
0600 still no link; come guys!

jmig
December 9th, 2008, 03:40
0600 still no link; come guys!

:costumes: Think of it as the Marines. Hurry up and wait!

LCBORDEN
December 9th, 2008, 04:22
Hey Mud Marine, when (if) you get it istalled and do a couple flights let us know your truest thoughts. I being an ol' jarhead am anxious to try this new kitty out. But as usual I am reluctant to part with the jingle. Thanks for any impressions you post for us.

Ol' Jarhead :wiggle::wavey:

Craig Taylor
December 9th, 2008, 05:01

Heh, heh -- I was thinking exactly the same thing! :friday::friday: :icon_lol:

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 06:12
1000 hrs and no download.........:banghead:........:costumes: I'd be happy to do a short review of the HellKitty; that is if we ever get it!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 9th, 2008, 07:09
The Best Looking girls take the longest to get dressed .....

LCBORDEN
December 9th, 2008, 07:35
Chuck for me, it was the best looking girls took forever too get UN-dressed...(sigh) Let me just say, I never worried about an item of clothing being left at my place by mistake.

Ol' jarhead :isadizzy:

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 07:48
The Best Looking girls take the longest to get dressed .....

Ya, and the ugly one's are faster and more enthusiastic!!:costumes: Point being, a Marines standards are pretty low when it comes to that agenda!

1200 hrs and still no Kitty!:costumes: Sorry, for some reason my mind is telling me this is fun.........don't ask!

vstudios
December 9th, 2008, 07:59
OK, this part worries me:
So, once you've done the payment part in the downloaded installer, do you get a permanently enabled installer? If not, then how many reinstalls are you allowed and/or what other hoops have to be jumped through should you decide to move FS onto a new system or you upgrade your HD, etc?

Thanks.

If its on the same computer, its unlimited. If a hardware failure occurs, simply contact support with your invoice number and old license key and a new key will be issued.

Unfortunately these measures need to be in place, I can understand many peoples thoughts on this matter regarding customer support and what dealings you've had with other publishers. We're the new kids on the block and our support will be top priority regarding patches, installation help and also sales support. We have a lot of work to do to gain your trust, with this in mind we aim to please.

Scratch
December 9th, 2008, 13:10
bump:kilroy:..............

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 13:20
1730 and still no DL link............:jawdrop: Release date Dec. 8th plus 1; is that like D-Day plus 1?:costumes:

Bandit
December 9th, 2008, 13:25
yeah mud and no update to boot? :mixedsmi:

BananaBob
December 9th, 2008, 13:25
Jarheads are getting feisty, you guys chummed the water way too early, LOL :costumes:

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 14:04
Rgr B-Bob!! I'm starting to put the war paint on! My war face is allready showing!! Grrrrrrrrr!:costumes:

Smudge
December 9th, 2008, 14:26
I was just chatting to Dean myself... Release shouldn't be to long now..they had some minor last minute issues, however from what I gather, it's a matter of one more test of the installer and its good to go..

Rest assured, Dean is doing his very best to get this right, straight from the start.. :) If that means a small delay to make sure that everything is 100% prior to release, then I'd say that's a good way to go. :)

Anyway, I've got to get back to work.. :P

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 15:06
I was just chatting to Dean myself... Release shouldn't be to long now..they had some minor last minute issues, however from what I gather, it's a matter of one more test of the installer and its good to go..

Rest assured, Dean is doing his very best to get this right, straight from the start.. :) If that means a small delay to make sure that everything is 100% prior to release, then I'd say that's a good way to go. :)

Anyway, I've got to get back to work.. :P

Absolutely.......now hurry up!!:costumes:

Craig Taylor
December 9th, 2008, 15:09
Rgr B-Bob!! I'm starting to put the war paint on! My war face is allready showing!! Grrrrrrrrr!:costumes:

Don't make me change my avatar... :costumes:

vstudios
December 9th, 2008, 15:44
Hi all, Im really sorry for the delay, it doesnt look like we're going to get anything tonight as its now 00:42 here and I cant keep my eyes open any longer. :banghead:

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 16:12
D +2.....................

Scratch
December 9th, 2008, 16:13
Dang............stand down Devil Dogs, back to the barracks:friday:

deimos256
December 9th, 2008, 16:37
Like I always say at work do you want it done right or done fast? Anyone who is into gaming knows that nothing ever gets released on the release date, it always gets pushed back, but in the end its usually worth it, save for the newest call of duty which had a patch released before the game even shipped, how sad, anyways sit on your hands another day or 2 and im sure itll be worth it

BananaBob
December 9th, 2008, 16:52
To the quarter deck! Mountain Climb!! :costumes:

Craig Taylor
December 9th, 2008, 17:05
To the quarter deck! Mountain Climb!! :costumes:

Now that brings back memories, from the flight deck. "The first exercise will be the side-straddle hop. This is a four-count exercise. Ready, begin." :jump:

RCAF_Gunner
December 9th, 2008, 17:26
If its on the same computer, its unlimited. If a hardware failure occurs, simply contact support with your invoice number and old license key and a new key will be issued.

Unfortunately these measures need to be in place, I can understand many peoples thoughts on this matter regarding customer support and what dealings you've had with other publishers. We're the new kids on the block and our support will be top priority regarding patches, installation help and also sales support. We have a lot of work to do to gain your trust, with this in mind we aim to please.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand the need to protect your IP. However, I had an unpleasant experience with a similar scheme from another vendor where I was told essentially "too bad" you've installed that on two computers already (which wasn't true but their licensing scheme decided two different IP addresses at the time of install meant two different computers ~ don't think they really understood how DHCP works with big internet providers when they split networks, etc) ~ so I'm rather wary of the phone home type of installers now. I'd strongly prefer a more conventional scheme like just getting a personal key through a seperate email after purchase or, failing that, buying it on CD and sticking the CD in the drive when I want to fly it.

Dang! The preview screen shots of the Hellcat look gorgeous and I've been looking forward to its release. I'm interested in the upcoming Corsair too but "once bitten, twice shy". I think I'll have to take a "wait and see" attitude on this one.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I hope you're able to get the last minute issues sorted out and it all goes smoothly for everyone in the end. I'm sure it's been a long couple of days for the team.

MudMarine
December 9th, 2008, 17:27
.........ready exercise, one, two, three and four......we're done, let's get a cup of coffee and a donut=exercise according to the US Navy!hehe:costumes:

vstudios
December 10th, 2008, 05:35
ok shes live and awaiting :D

To order, head on over to our website

LCBORDEN
December 10th, 2008, 06:48
Ok MudMarine, Let's hear all your impressions just as soon as possible. I like the new screenies I saw On their new post saying it is out. Nice pit if most of those buttons work? Let's all my hopes on this one come true.

ol'Jarhead:wiggle::wavey:

vstudios
December 10th, 2008, 07:34
<DIR>
All aircraft systems are animated and operational within the constraints of FSX
</DIR>

MudMarine
December 10th, 2008, 08:29
Ok MudMarine, Let's hear all your impressions just as soon as possible. I like the new screenies I saw On their new post saying it is out. Nice pit if most of those buttons work? Let's all my hopes on this one come true.

ol'Jarhead:wiggle::wavey:

You won't be hearing anything from me.......a recalculation of Christmas finances has left me a bit short in the extra money department......maybe someone else will let us know.

BananaBob
December 10th, 2008, 08:56
You won't be hearing anything from me.......a recalculation of Christmas finances has left me a bit short in the extra money department......maybe someone else will let us know.

Tell the truth, you spent the money at massage parlors, LOL :friday:

LCBORDEN
December 10th, 2008, 11:04
Thanks for your reply Dean, I really like having as many of the systems operational and adjustable as possible. Really like the screenies I've seen. Just trying to get the chastity belt loose on the wallet.

ol'jarhead :wavey:

LCBORDEN
December 10th, 2008, 11:06
MudMarine, I know that story all to well. (dang the holidays anyway) Hopefully one of these youngsters not on fixed incomes will come through with their impressions.

ol' Jarhead :wavey:

MudMarine
December 10th, 2008, 11:23
Tell the truth, you spent the money at massage parlors, LOL :friday:

:costumes: I wish!! The only sucking sound being heard around here is my bank account!!