PDA

View Full Version : JGR explosion redux

Daveroo
February 9th, 2011, 06:52
talked to my friend Allen from JGR..he infact was the one working on the engine and it did NOT explode,it did catch fire,Allen said he was looking at some controls/dials/machinery ( i dont know whats on a dyno machine)and when he looked up again all he saw was fire..so he grabbed a fire extingushire and went into the room..followed by two other men..his exting ran out and he backed out of the room and at that point the Halon went off ( it had not gone off during the fire)and that is what the two remaining men were hospitalized for....sucked the air out of their lungs...about that time the fire department got there and started squirting water like a keystone cops episode allen said ( allen and billy (allens bro)and i grew up with our fathers as fire fighters..we know good fire fighting and bad when we see it)they opened the dyno room next door and squirted water in there and ruined one of the daytona 500 engines and it was NOT being effected at all before hand...when allen asked why they did this..the fire capt told him it was neccisary for fire spread..a bunch of bs...they just ruined an engine for no reason...