PDA

View Full Version : I promised my wife I would upgrade her computer

jmig
December 1st, 2008, 10:54
It is old and slow. SOoooooo,

I purchased a Q9550 core Two Quad for my FSX computer. I also bought a MSI P-45 board to use with the E6750 I now have in the FSX computer.

The new board and old chip will go into my personal computer along with a new HIS H4850 IceQ4 Turbo graphics card. (Thanks Ted)

Now, you might be wondering what I am going to do with the MSI board, RAM, AMD 64X-2 CPU and G7850 Graphics card....

Reread the title of this post. :costumes:

Actually, she will be happy with her upgraded puter!

txnetcop
December 1st, 2008, 12:19
Nothing wrong with that build...like you said...for the wife
Ted

Tako_Kichi
December 1st, 2008, 13:00
He he, you sure you're not my clone jmig? :costumes:

When I upgrade my system the 'cast-offs' go into my wife's computer to upgrade her to what I used to be at. Although she's starting to get a bit bitchy now and keeps whining that she only gets 'cast-offs' and never new stuff. :isadizzy:

I do explain that I need the good stuff to keep my system up to date for testing/modelling/painting purposes etc. while her system is more than adequate for her needs (i.e. chatting on MSN, accessing the gawd awful 'dross book'...errr.... face book....and for running Sims 3) but she still whines.

hey_moe
December 1st, 2008, 14:17
John, will you update mine too:icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
December 1st, 2008, 14:57

Update your wife ? :d

TeaSea
December 1st, 2008, 14:58
You are so selfless!

Cloud9Gal
December 1st, 2008, 15:40
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by hey_moe http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/soh/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=49104#post49104)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Panther_99FS Update your wife ? :d

LOL! Funny! However, judging from the picture I saw of Mike's wife, he clearly doesn't need to update his wife, as she is one good-looking lady. :)<!-- / message -->

Cloud9Gal
December 1st, 2008, 15:40
Oh and John......shame on you for giving your wife the "leftovers"! ;)

:173go1:

jmig
December 1st, 2008, 16:25

Sure Moe, you can have the CPU and Mobo that come out of her computer.

:d

jmig
December 1st, 2008, 16:26
Oh and John......shame on you for giving your wife the "leftovers"! ;)

:173go1:

But, C9G, she loves "leftovers." She eats them all the time.

Panther_99FS
December 1st, 2008, 16:52
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by hey_moe http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/soh/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=49104#post49104)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LOL! Funny! However, judging from the picture I saw of Mike's wife, he clearly doesn't need to update his wife, as she is one good-looking lady. :)<!-- / message -->

Having met her personally myself, she's definitely a winner! :ernae:

hey_moe
December 1st, 2008, 18:05
You guys are getting way off the point here. I need John to build me a new one....not that let over chet:costumes:.....Da wife has already been rebuilt...lol

jmig
December 1st, 2008, 19:11
You guys are getting way off the point here. I need John to build me a new one....not that let over chet:costumes:.....Da wife has already been rebuilt...lol

You calling my wife's computer chet? Man, you obviously don't know my wife. :costumes:

They will be saying, "Moe is no mo"

srgalahad
December 1st, 2008, 19:36

Women... computers... they ARE alike... they get cranky, they shut down when you need them to help you, they cost $$$ and as Moe says... they can be rebuilt.. just takes some more money and a few silicone-based bits and work...
:running: ... :running: ... :running:

:friday:

Rob

jmig
December 2nd, 2008, 03:36
Women... computers... they ARE alike... they get cranky, they shut down when you need them to help you, they cost $$$ and as Moe says... they can be rebuilt.. just takes some more money and a few silicone-based bits and work...
:running: ... :running: ... :running:

:friday:

Rob

:costumes:

Snuffy
December 2nd, 2008, 05:48
Ummm ... being a single guy here myself I don't have a stake in the wife/gf thing ... I think ....

However the "trickle down" process always worked for me.